Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he lets possible bad Wonder Woman reviews get to him ? Sure he had nothing to do with Wonder Woman but three bad DCEU movies in a row will not help Justice League

don't see it, honestly.

I don't even see him leaving that early. I truly believe he stays to do the solo film and goes from there.

But back to MY GUY, Mel Gibson

Eh I genuinely think the Live by Night reviews affected him.
I think so as well.

Hopefully if Mel focuses more on Deadshot he will also focus more on Boomer. I love their dynamic from the original Ostrander run and would love to see it on screen. #JaiBless

The irony being Boomer was a very racist, crude Australian in the comics.

I think Mel could create a great character, but I'm not sure they'll let him follow all the source material.

It would be great if SS2 had more backstabbing and people sabotaging plans.

I think so as well.

The irony being Boomer was a very racist, crude Australian in the comics.

I think Mel could create a great character, but I'm not sure they'll let him follow all the source material.

It would be great if SS2 had more backstabbing and people sabotaging plans.
Finally someone gets that Mel joke. But I do think fleshing Boomer out with Floyd will be important and hopefully if Mel gets the job he'll get to follow through.

Also if they are serious about going for a more "grounded" SS film with a more "human" villain, I actually would be cool with Deathstroke being the villain of this despite being set for The Batman.

Along with that, if someone can make the action feel like Raid 2 meets John Wick then that could really be a treat imo.

Would anyone be up for something like that?

Also if they are serious about going for a more "grounded" SS film with a more "human" villain, I actually would be cool with Deathstroke being the villain of this despite being set for The Batman.

Along with that, if someone can make the action feel like Raid 2 meets John Wick then that could really be a treat imo.

Would anyone be up for something like that?

Raid 2 meets John Wick is a pretty high standard.

As long as the writing is sharper for the "band of brothers" thing they got going on, the sequel should do better.

Raid 2 meets John Wick is a pretty high standard.

As long as the writing is sharper for the "band of brothers" thing they got going on, the sequel should do better.

Of course I agree, the writing should definitely be tighter than the first film.....considerably but yeah if we were to have a film with both Deadshot and Deathstroke in I feel Raid 2 meets John Wick would be ideal in the action department.

Or hell Raid 2 meets a John Woo flick would be nice as well.

Of course I agree, the writing should definitely be tighter than the first film.....considerably but yeah if we were to have a film with both Deadshot and Deathstroke in I feel Raid 2 meets John Wick would be ideal in the action department.

I was referring to that high standard with the action dept as well.
John Wick meets John Woo is certainly more apt.

I expect Deadshot to know some gun kata + a skilled enough boxer,
but I expect Deathstroke to be so OP that he can take out the entire squad.

I was referring to that high standard with the action dept as well.
John Wick meets John Woo is certainly more apt.

I expect Deadshot to know some gun kata + a skilled enough boxer,
but I expect Deathstroke to be so OP that he can take out the entire squad.

If only Gareth Evans could be convinced to direct this film...we could get some crazy sh-----t like this

WB would do well to stay away from big name, controversial directors at this point, there are many reasons for this ... one reason is that they may demand too much creative freedom which may be difficult as they are expected to play inside DCEU sandbox.

Other reason is that they will avoid negative press generated when things don't work out during negotiations stage and which makes people think that they (WB) are run by incompetent people.

Getting directors who have done well in mid-budget movies but are not that high profile is the way to go.

:hmr:

Is it me or does Deathstroke work better vs. Suicide Squad than vs. Batman?

Assuming he's the main villain in Batman.

:hmr:

Is it me or does Deathstroke work better vs. Suicide Squad than vs. Batman?

Assuming he's the main villain in Batman.

To me, he's flexible enough to be an awesome villain in both but in the comics, he does have a professional rivalry with Deadshot that can be built on for a movie.

Deathstroke moves around in comics, sometimes fighting the Titans, or Batman, or the Justice League, or anyone else he gets paid to fight.

Deathstroke moves around in comics, sometimes fighting the Titans, or Batman, or the Justice League, or anyone else he gets paid to fight.

I know that. I guess if they had a more skilled actor in the part than Joe I'd be ok with that.

Joe seems to fit an all out action flick like Suicide Squad 2 will probably be.

Not sure about him carrying a movie as the main villain in Batman.

Its like when Nolan cast Tom Hardy as Bane. I could buy Bane in that movie because of Hardy's acting chops.

harley quinn BTS photo
harley.jpg

There's some pretty neat concept art of Suicide Squad circulating around. I saw one of Scarecrow and liked the design.

gwianuC.jpg

Not that I'm disappointed he wasn't in the film but, I wonder why they chose not to feature him in it. Anyhow, I'd love to see this version in The Batman instead if possible.

The movie just took home an Oscar for Best Makeup & Hairstyling.

*sees Twitter erupt*

Wow.

They're basically lobbing insults at it, like comparing the number of non-honorary Oscar nominees like Ridley Scott and Alfred Hitchcock and zingers like "The Oscar Winning Suicide Squad. Lick my sack." and "If Suicide Squad can get an oscar I can do my essays an hour before class and get an A".

Oh, and Viola Davis just won Best Supporting Actress for Fences. She's deserved an Oscar for years.

The people will get over it. And what's strange is that you've got those collective that say awards shows don't matter, they're irrelevant and so on, but once this wins, it's all folks are talking about.

If people disliked the film, by all means, but hey, like The Dark Knight- and probably Doctor Strange, should it win- it opens the door for hopefully more comic book films to be recognized.

If people disliked the film, by all means, but hey, like The Dark Knight- and probably Doctor Strange, should it win- it opens the door for hopefully more comic book films to be recognized.

Spider-Man 2 took home Best Visual Effects back in 2005, but it didn't really open the doors for comic book films to get award recognition. I think The Jungle Book or Rogue One will take home the Best Visual Effects award later on.

I think the tide will turn if a comic book film gets nominated and/or wins a higher award than technical. Something like Best Adapted Screenplay or Best Production Design.

Spider-Man 2 took home Best Visual Effects back in 2005, but it didn't really open the doors for comic book films to get award recognition.

Wait, really? It did?

Oh, wow, props to Spider-Man 2. I didn't even know that.

They're basically lobbing insults at it, like comparing the number of non-honorary Oscar nominees like Ridley Scott and Alfred Hitchcock and zingers like "The Oscar Winning Suicide Squad. Lick my sack." and "If Suicide Squad can get an oscar I can do my essays an hour before class and get an A".

Oh, and Viola Davis just won Best Supporting Actress for Fences. She's deserved an Oscar for years.

That's how I always do my essay's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"