Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were showed to be more efficient than them against the monsters during the movie.
Especially Deadshot in a scene.

We don't see Slipknot much but he (and Boomerang) one punch an Argus soldier when they arrived.

Big deal. It was a sucker punch.

If I remember correctly, most of these bad guys are put in the cell by the League members not Navy Seals.

Batman - Harley, Deadshot and hinted at Killer Croc

Flash - Boomerang

Diablo - turned himself in.

Slipknot - Adam Beach said headcanon (no pun) he had a fight with Wonder Woman :oldrazz:

My opinion on the film.... Coming into this movie with an open mind, and no expectations I really enjoyed it! Sure there was room for improvement, but isn't there always?
I loved this new modern take on the Suicide Squad. Jared Leto's gangster/kingpin you don't wanna cross version of the Joker wasn't bad! Can't say I loved it, cause there isn't enough screen time to go off of, but I'm definitely hoping he'll be in another film.. fingers crossed. No denying that El diablo, and deadshot were a couple of bad***es! For me the biggest reason for being so excited about this movie was Harley Quinn, I've been waiting to see her on the big screen for as long as I can remember. She nailed it, and she was everything I'd hoped she would be. Even Paul Dini himself, gave his blessing! I think the biggest complaint I've heard so far is the movie lacking "abuse" between Joker and Harley, but in my opinion it's okay to switch things up a little here and there, and their relationship definitely wasn't perfect! The biggest thing I disliked about this movie was Enchantress getting weird towards the end with her dancing, and telling Rick Flagg he doesn't have the balls... really?! She's from thousands of years ago but uses a term people say today. My eyes rolled so hard! Well there's my two cents. :)

The final version feels more personal compared to the trailer version.

I liked it, but it didn't work for as much as the Comic Con trailer version.

I didn't like the final version as much as the Comic Con trailer version, but I can't rule out that it was because I was more familiar with the trailer version. He seems angrier in the final version, which actually makes more sense in context.

The final version is too "try hard" compared to the trailer version which is more subtle

Okay. Just watched it. I really liked the Squad itself-some characters may have benefited from a bit more screen time (and lack of nonsensical scenes/ dialogues) but they were still compelling for the most part. And the Amanda Waller character was pretty much on point. I also liked the concept of who they wanted the villain to be.

Rest of the movie was a bit of a mess. They never really set on a tone- it started a bit zany with the dossiers (which I liked) but it could just as well have been sprinkled across the first half. But it then almost grinded to a halt for the next hour and I never really felt like there was a direction towards which the movie was going.

There were scenes that didn't have any real purpose to it or were just badly written. [BLACKOUT]Like when Harley returns from "death" and greets them they're like utterly disinterested. Then there was the sudden familial spirit in El Diablo.[/BLACKOUT]

Now, as I mentioned earlier, the blueprint for the villains was actually pretty good. But they gave absolutely no character development to [BLACKOUT]especially Incubus and to a lesser extent were really inconsistent in establishing what Enchantress wanted to achieve at the end of the day.[/BLACKOUT]

And Why were they
suddenly deserving of mercy?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention Joker.

Which I guess speaks volumes.

So which version of "Really Really Bad" did you like best?
https://streamable.com/rw5f

Final cut for me. The sudden change from a smile to a serious, mad-man look in his eyes for a split second is perfect Joker. Kinda like this, but in reverse. He's all playful and sweet and you're thinking "Oh, he's not that bad", then he ****s you up.

giphy.gif

I don't know which one I like yet. They are both good. Now I remember when they said they had so many takes for the Joker scenes. They got so much footage Leto giving something different in each take and it must be hard as hell for them to choose from it.

So, after 3 viewings (the last of which was a week ago), I have now had time to think more about the movie and suddenly, my score has dropped from 7/10 to 6/10.

I don't know how to explain it, but after 1 week, my excitement for the Blu-Ray has gone a bit down, compared to when I got out of the cinema on the first 3 viewings. When I got myself some time to think about the movie's flaws, they REALLY stand out. Enchantress, the editing, Joker's cut scenes, emphasis on Harley and Deadshot without paying attention to other characters, the non-memorable action, the episodic scenes without any context in them...

It's funny how hype can cloud one's vision.

Last edited:
I know. Tell me about it...

I am still holding out for an Ultimate Cut...more Harley, more Joker, more Deadshot...all that didn't make it into the cut and were replaced by whatever reshoots takes they did to water everything down.

*pouts*

So, after 3 viewings (the last of which was a week ago), I have now had time to think more about the movie and suddenly, my score has dropped from 7/10 to 6/10.

I don't know how to explain it, but after 1 week, my excitement for the Blu-Ray has gone a bit down, compared to when I got out of the cinema on the first 3 viewings. When I got myself some time to think about the movie's flaws, they REALLY stand out. Enchantress, the editing, Joker's cut scenes, emphasis on Harley and Deadshot without paying attention to other characters, the non-memorable action, the episodic scenes without any context in them...

It's funny how hype can cloud one's vision.

This was pretty much my experience, but all contained within my first screening, lol.

Im not sure I want the blu ray either. Unless WB gives me a serious incentive with an extended edition, I dont think I'll be owning this.

Oh I am definitely getting the Blu Ray alright. There are certain scenes I need to watch on repeat and I don't like the ****** quality version available online.

Yeah I'm definitely getting the Blu-ray. I want to watch the movie in the comfort of my home without 3D glasses making the picture darker.

I've seen it 3 times & actually love it more. Unlike my experiences with BvS & especially Civil War where my enjoyment died down about a day later, this movie grows on me & I found myself thinking about the characters more away from the theater. Even though my rating of 8 out of 10 still stands, l find the movie more entertaining & easy to follow upon subsequent viewings. Call me a settling DC fanboy or whatever for having that opinion, but I love the movie. The blu-ray/DVD will definitely join my collection of superhero movies. If I can buy stuff (used, granted lol) like Antman, IM2, IM3, & GL & keep them in my collection, this is definitely making it's way there.

Last edited:
Just been watching some of the Leto and Robbie interviews and they talk about deleted scenes. Margot describes "The backstory stuff, that was like magic and some of the stuff we shot was insane". This really pissed me off. ****ing Studio. I am upset with WB just like Leto.

They better atleast use all that footage for future movies.

I just got back and yeah, this movie was slammed way more than it should, but also I get why. It's lazy in the script stage to the point of letting down the actors.

1. This movie makes sure you understand why Will Smith is a major actor. His arc/character is the only one who walks out of this unscathed but not for lack of a lazy script trying.

2. The lazy script won't be fixed by an Ultimate Cut. It's just really stuff that should have been caught (did Enchantress build a machine or was it a spell?) plus the inherent flaw in all magical villain movies. The magic should have just wiped them out once she was powerful enough and had her brother.

3. The pay-offs, aside from Deadshot, didn't land. El Diablo's almost did except the movie didn't have enough of him to make that sacrifice work and Harley/Joker felt like the follow-up to another movie where we're introduced to their twisted love. The Joker wasn't the problem, his set-up was.

Just been watching some of the Leto and Robbie interviews and they talk about deleted scenes. Margot describes "The backstory stuff, that was like magic and some of the stuff we shot was insane". This really pissed me off. ****ing Studio. I am upset with WB just like Leto.

They better atleast use all that footage for future movies.

Same here. The actors aren't at fault. In fact I'd be disappointed with the studio not using any of the footage that Margot and Jared had shot. As a fan though, I am mad at WB for interfering with the film that had so much potential and they go in and f*** it up for us when the cast and crew were trying to make it for us.

That's how I feel, too. I mean, look, at this point whats done is done, but WB can go a LONG way to right the ship if they bring that extra footage on the Blu Ray. I'd be extremely pissed if that footage never saw the light of day. In fact, I think a cool idea for the Blu Ray would be as an extra feature we get a "short film" called "Mad Love" which gives us the full backstory between Harley and Joker. That would be freaking rad and would generate tons of interest for the home release.

That's not arrogance. He believed that he did the character of Joker complete justice and if it wasn't for the studio interference, that could have been a reality.

That's how I feel, too. I mean, look, at this point whats done is done, but WB can go a LONG way to right the ship if they bring that extra footage on the Blu Ray. I'd be extremely pissed if that footage never saw the light of day. In fact, I think a cool idea for the Blu Ray would be as an extra feature we get a "short film" called "Mad Love" which gives us the full backstory between Harley and Joker. That would be freaking rad and would generate tons of interest for the home release.

Unless they integrate the footage into the movie itself, the extra short film or deleted scenes is not gonna do it justice. The second best option is to use that footage for the next Harley/Joker/Batman story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"