Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the extended cut doesn't just have new scenes dropped in. Instead, I hope they took the time to reedit the entire film to be better. Maybe even use the test screening that was well received.

But...the theatrical cut we got was the best received...:woot:

I still believe that test audience were on drugs.

The movie is not going to be re-edited. They have no reason to. However, 13 mins can still make the movie notably better. This could be an opportunity to get more backstory on some of the characters and see more of Harley and Joker's relationship. That could add more depth to film and make it better.

I just don't want another music video edit.

The movie is not going to be re-edited. They have no reason to. However, 13 mins can still make the movie notably better. This could be an opportunity to get more backstory on some of the characters and see more of Harley and Joker's relationship. That could add more depth to film and make it better.

They don't need to reedit it. They just need to release Ayer's edit which was completed and screened for audiences.

I'd be fine with them just releasing a edit that was actually made by Ayer...

They don't need to reedit it. They just need to release Ayer's edit which was completed and screened for audiences.

Yes! Just release that version.

I'd be fine with them just releasing a edit that was actually made by Ayer...

At this point, I doubt that WB will be releasing version that Ayer initially edited, especially after he gave a statement that the Theatrical version was his version and since theatrical version was so commercially successful.

Imagine Ayer now claiming that some other edited version was his and people don't like that one, that will make Studio and Ayer both look bad (for different reasons.)

Hence the "extended cut", which may or may not be edited by Ayer.

At this point, I doubt that WB will be releasing version that Ayer initially edited, especially after he gave a statement that the Theatrical version was his version and since theatrical version was so commercially successful.

Imagine Ayer now claiming that some other edited version was his and people don't like that one, that will make Studio and Ayer both look bad (for different reasons.)

Ayer also said that we wouldn't be getting an extended cut.

I really hope the extended cut doesn't just have new scenes dropped in. Instead, I hope they took the time to reedit the entire film to be better. Maybe even use the test screening that was well received.

But...the theatrical cut we got was the best received...:woot:

I still believe that test audience were on drugs.

But...Ayer said the TC is 'his cut' :o

Ayer also said that we wouldn't be getting an extended cut.

Yes, but director's cut has to be edited in consultation with the director, "Extended Cut" can be released by Studio without director's approval.

If the director is not willing to release that, the Studio can still release an "Extended Cut".

Last edited:
Yes, but director's cut had to be edited in consultation with the director, "Extended Cut" can be released by Studio without director's approval.

If the director is not willing to release that, the Studio can still release an "Extended Cut".

Whatever the case may be, I just don't want the same movie with an extra 13 minutes.

Ayer wouldn't need to claim that any more than Snyder had to claim the Ultimate Edition was his original edit (it was). By calling it an "Extended Cut" instead of a "Director's Cut" both Ayer and WB can save face. They can release Ayer's original version as this "Extended cut" just like WB and Snyder released Snyder's original version as an "Ultimate Edition" but neither Ayer nor WB need ever admit it's Ayer's original version if they don't want to. Nor do they have to admit that the theatrical version wasn't Ayer's intended version if they do release Ayer's original version as this new "Extended Cut".

Long story short, calling it the "Extended Cut" instead of "Director's Cut" allows them to release Ayer's cut while saving face.

Ayer wouldn't need to claim that any more than Snyder had to claim the Ultimate Edition was his original edit (it was). By calling it an "Extended Cut" instead of a "Director's Cut" both Ayer and WB can save face. They can release Ayer's original version as this "Extended cut" just like WB and Snyder released Snyder's original version as an "Ultimate Edition" but neither Ayer nor WB need ever admit it's Ayer's original version if they don't want to. Nor do they have to admit that the theatrical version wasn't Ayer's intended version if they do release Ayer's original version as this new "Extended Cut".

Long story short, calling it the "Extended Cut" instead of "Director's Cut" allows them to release Ayer's cut while saving face.

This.

I agree. Calling it an "Extended Cut" instead of "Director's Cut" was a smart move. Now we can wait and hope that it is in fat Ayer's original version.

I agree. Calling it an "Extended Cut" instead of "Director's Cut" was a smart move. Now we can wait and hope that it is in fat Ayer's original version.

I really wanna she all these scenes pre reshoots like the dinner scene at the beginning. It was a totally different set up and the delivery sounded a whole lot less...cheesy and self aware you know? The way Waller and that military guy were conversing sounded legit in the First Look trailer from Comic Con.
And of course the climax of the movie, supposedly is where a lot of the reshoots came into play.

Ayer probably said the theatrical was his cut as he wants to do the sequel. He is not going to upset WB at this point. By playing ball he stays In their good graces.

Ayer outright admitted that there were 6 or 7 different cuts of this film being evaluated at one time or another. He may have been okay with more than one of them. At the very least, whatever this "Extended Cut" is, Ayer seems to be fully on board with it. He was one of the first people to retweet the announcement trailer last week.

Ayer's moved on from this movie, guys. Its been apparent that hes probably worn out from this whole ordeal and is shifting his focus on his next project. This "extended cut" is called that for a reason. Ayer most likely had no involvement in this new version of the film. This is made by the studio, they probably looked at the extra footage laying around and decided which ones to add back into the film.

Ayer's moved on from this movie, guys. Its been apparent that hes probably worn out from this whole ordeal and is shifting his focus on his next project. This "extended cut" is called that for a reason. Ayer most likely had no involvement in this new version of the film. This is made by the studio, they probably looked at the extra footage laying around and decided which ones to add back into the film.

I think that's the case. Still, Ayer may show interest in directing a sequel.

http://batman-news.com/2016/10/10/suicide-squad-american-music-awards-nominee/

Nominees for the 2016 American Music Awards were announced today on Good Morning America, and “Suicide Squad: The Album” made the cut

Top Soundtrack

Suicide Squad: The Album

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Purple Rain

“Suicide Squad: The Album” is the biggest soundtrack of 2016, and recently went Gold after selling over 500,000 copies. It was so successful that a Collector’s Edition of the album with even more songs was released last month.

I assume that's the songs not the score right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"