Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when the embargo lifts? This has probably already been asked, just too lazy to read back lol. Thanks in advance.

Wonder if Pony Boy will return to this thread next week, and go from being slightly in favor of the movie in his review to massively turning on it due to some incident with kids in a movie theater ... and if the film settles well below his expected range on RT.

That was a horrendous week.

I remember his big problem was that RT wasnt letting him lower his original score lol.

oMG I just won tickets from my local radio station for August 1st! First come first serve so I guess I gotta line up early. Not sure how early I should get there

Unlike BvS there is a slight staggered release, European countries start getting the film from the 3rd. Bangladesh apparently gets on in the 1st.

Any idea when the embargo lifts? This has probably already been asked, just too lazy to read back lol. Thanks in advance.

The embargo lifts on Tuesday, August 2 at 9:00 am PT/12:00 pm ET. :yay:

The crazies are really going to come out now. Remember poni_boy who said Shannon was.going to come and publicly denounce his involvement in the dc movies?

Poni boy says a lot of dumb ****.
Dudes constantly lying about stuff and nobody calls him out on it for some reason:funny:

I thought Australia was getting it this week for some reason. Come on man.

I want to point out one thing about reviewers, sometimes they are wrong. One of the greatest examples is the Alfred Hitchcock classic Paycho. Which upon its release got mostly mixed reviews. The movie however was such a hit with audiences that by the end of the year it was Oscar nominated forcing reviewers to revaluate their original score.

So DanielRPK on twitter (who saw an early screening in May and loved it) says WB screwed with the film, and now he says he 'liked it', but not as much. He says more, but I don't want to post specifics in this thread. Dude is likely legit, he's always seeing stuff early and posted his scathing review of BvS on twitter on March 15.

DanielR ‏@DanielRPK 37m37 minutes ago Some of the changes they've done for Suicide Squad were just... Odd. They changed the order of some scenes. Added more flashbacks.

Seriously, what is WB doing in the editing room on these films?

Poni boy says a lot of dumb ****.
Dudes constantly lying about stuff and nobody calls him out on it for some reason:funny:
He was so full of bs, I can't wrap my head around the fact that so many believed everything he fed them in the BvS boards.

The embargo lifts on Tuesday, August 2 at 9:00 am PT/12:00 pm ET. :yay:

Gracias! :D Seems a little close to the release date, not sure what to think of that... What do you guys think? Any indication of quality? Isn't that was BvS' gap was between release and the embargo lift?

So DanielRPK on twitter (who saw an early screening in May and loved it) says WB screwed with the film, and now he says he 'liked it', but not as much. He says more, but I don't want to post specifics in this thread. Dude is likely legit, he's always seeing stuff early and posted his scathing review of BvS on twitter on March 15.

DanielR ‏@DanielRPK 37m37 minutes ago Some of the changes they've done for Suicide Squad were just... Odd. They changed the order of some scenes. Added more flashbacks.

Panic after the BvS reception.

More flashbacks? I'm down for that. The editing could be odd for him because he's seen scenes in another order before, so I wouldn't worry for now.

Gracias! :D Seems a little close to the release date, not sure what to think of that... What do you guys think? Any indication of quality? Isn't that was BvS' gap was between release and the embargo lift?

It's common for WB movies. Fury Road's embargo was lifted 4 days before release.

He was so full of bs, I can't wrap my head around the fact that so many believed everything he fed them in the BvS boards.
I tried to buy into his logic that it was still going to be a 65-75 RT film ... until it started like 0-11 and I'm like, WTF dude.

Who even is that dude, how can someone keep breaking embargo then keep getting invited to screenings also he just as a writer in his bio but has 40k followers?? Strange.

More flashbacks? Yes, please. I hope it's Harley-Joker stuff.

There was an article that said that they added a scene with the Flash weeks before the movie's release. One of the users here who has seen a test screening said that there is a quick scene with the Flash back in June. The added scenes that the guy is talking about could be the stuff from the reshoots.

This guy also tweeted that Snyder got booed during SDCC,so......

However what he tweeted could still be legit and yet it wouldn't matter much because what he says was changed is still very good. :yay:

This guy also tweeted that Snyder got booed during SDCC,so......

However what he tweeted could still be legit and yet it wouldn't matter much because what he says was changed is still very good. :yay:
Superheronews guys confirmed there were some scattered boos.

Watching "Meet the movie press", and both Jeff Sneider and Justin Kroll have heard good things from their colleagues who have watched the movie (and Sneider had straight up told us that he had heard BvS wasn't good when his colleagues had watched it)

[YT]rBar5m6JF7Q[/YT]

It is still going live right now, so hard for me to give an exact timestamp, but go about 20mins back into the video and you will hear them talk about it right after Wonder Woman and Justice League

Watching "Meet the movie press", and both Jeff Sneider and Justin Kroll have heard good things from their colleagues who have watched the movie (and Sneider had straight up told us that he had heard BvS wasn't good when his colleagues had watched it)

[YT]rBar5m6JF7Q[/YT]

It is still going live right now, so hard for me to give an exact timestamp, but go about 20mins back into the video and you will hear them talk about it right after Wonder Woman and Justice League
I hope so, because it's getting to the point where you struggle to buy into what anyone says. Drew @Hitfix was right about the issues with BvS and now he has said for long time that he's heard good things with SS. We'll see. Sneider was not holding back on BvS with his show in how it's been getting mixed at best reaction, so him saying 'good' from people gives me hope, but we'll see.

I hope so, because it's getting to the point where you struggle to buy into what anyone says. Drew @Hitfix was right about the issues with BvS and now he has said for long time that he's heard good things with SS. We'll see. Sneider was not holding back on BvS with his show in how it's been getting mixed at best reaction, so him saying 'good' from people gives me hope, but we'll see.

I think from what we have heard so far, it will not get an overwhelming negative, nor overwhelming positive reaction. There will be critics who outright love it, outright hate it but most will be 6-7/10. But it does sound like it is a crowd pleaser for sure, especially if the cast chemistry is as good as rumored and if the ending leaves people on a high.

Kroll and Sneider do know a lot of people in the industry though (not necessarily critics), and if they have heard good stuff then that means it is probably playing well to an audience.

I think from what we have heard so far, it will not get an overwhelming negative, nor overwhelming positive reaction. There will be critics who outright love it, outright hate it but most will be 6-7/10. But it does sound like it is a crowd pleaser for sure, especially if the cast chemistry is as good as rumored and if the ending leaves people on a high.

That is how I feel too, who knows maybe after the dour summer season some critics may be more generous to SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"