Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please let this new thread be filled with good news for this film.

Oh please let this new thread be filled with good news for this film.

Alright... I bought a billion dollars worth of tickets. Happy billion, Suicide Squad!

I knew Greens would put that Nazi gold to good use.:o

Couple reactions

Tim Stevens ‏@UnGajje 4s4 seconds ago Some good to great performances, some nothing ones, one bad one. Couple of great set pieces. Overall doesn't hang together well as a film. (Marvel.com writer)

Eugenio Benavides ‏@eugebenabeni 2m2 minutes ago
SuicideSquad is ****ing awesome. Go see it.

terrance Kennedy ‏@T_is_Superman 2m2 minutes ago My boy seen #SuicideSquad today he said it was off the hook

Michael R ‏@cvdude89 3m3 minutes ago Jst got out of an #AdvancedScreening of #SuicideSquad, **** was good... #Boston…

feeling the aster ‏@screwdestiny 44s45 seconds ago SuicideSquad was entertaining, I can't lie. Katana and Croc should have had more, Boomerang didn't deserve to be there AT All.

Kacey Bange ‏@kaceybange 2m2 minutes ago
SuicideSquad is the most focused of the DCEU movies and it's the best for it. Makes some emotional shortcuts though. I'd say B/B-.

Mark B. Nolan ‏@mahhkk 7m7 minutes ago Mark B. Nolan Retweeted Mark B. Nolan Sigh. Don't bother. #suicidesquad

DAY JAVU FESTIVAL ‏@DJMEECHIE 1m1 minute ago
SuicideSquad was dope...... Still aint ****ing wit Marvel tho

Katey Deeb ‏@katresedeeb 3m3 minutes ago
SuicideSquad was so amazing. Wow wow wow

Faulise ‏@Faulise8 4m4 minutes ago Lancaster, NY
suicidesquad was bomb. Dead shot is the man.

Mostly positive so good news for now.

Couple reactions

feeling the aster ‏@screwdestiny 44s45 seconds ago SuicideSquad was entertaining, I can't lie. Katana and Croc should have had more, Boomerang didn't deserve to be there AT All. .

Don't know what that is supposed to mean.

B=BvS Cinemascore of B=Catwoman=Green Lantern=27% RT=Meltdown

I'm seeing way too much mixed reaction to Leto's Joker though :/

Most seem to give the movie about a B.

That actually bodes well for RT. B's and above ratings will almost surely be Fresh ratings. Hoping it ends up well tomorrow.

Honestly, I'm not very worried about the public's opinion of the Joker. As long as they liked the movie, that's good.

I haven't seen any B's. I've seen rave reviews.

My guess about Joker is Heath is still so fresh in people's minds. I LOVE Heath's Joker and he fit that world perfectly, but I love what I've seen so far of Let's Joker...completely over top and crazy in a loud and overt way.

I keep seeing him compared to Heath which isn't fair because he had way less screen time

My guess about Joker is Heath is still so fresh in people's minds. I LOVE Heath's Joker and he fit that world perfectly, but I love what I've seen so far of Let's Joker...completely over top and crazy in a loud and overt way.

I keep seeing him compared to Heath which isn't fair because he had way less screen time

Reading through the bits of information...

1. It seems the writing for him was a letdown.

2. Over promotion will alter expectations

Then again some think he's awesome. I've just never seen a mixed reaction to Joker before. That by itself is a letdown. Gotta make him like Black Panther where it was unanimous he was great with little screen time. However, we've never had a Joker with such low screen time before so that falls on Ayer.

Reading through the bits of information...

1. It seems the writing for him was a letdown.

2. Over promotion will alter expectations

I heard he does great with what he had but they wanted to see more of him

If the Joker had no tattoos and grills, I think the reactions would overall be better. Then again, people will compare Jared Leto's performance to Heath Ledger's instead of looking at his portrayal as a unique interpretation of the Joker. But it is still early to formulate a consensus. I just think WB and DC need to stop making risky decisions regarding the designs and characterizations. People will find something to nitpick about and somehow it becomes a bigger issue. Also, many of the decisions they made for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman did not pay off. DC is constantly under the microscope, but for the right reasons.

People have to realize that it's not a Joker movie. It's Suicide Squad, Joker is only there because of Harley, take Harley out and no Joker. Just like how Joker isn't in BvS because he doesn't need to be even though part of the movie takes place in Gotham

People have to realize that it's not a Joker movie. It's Suicide Squad, Joker is only there because of Harley, take Harley out and no Joker. Just like how Joker isn't in BvS because he doesn't need to be even though part of the movie takes place in Gotham

I wouldn't be annoyed by the amount of Joker if it weren't for the fact they've cut a lot of what they shot of him.

If the Joker had no tattoos and grills, I think the reactions would overall be better. Then again, people will compare Jared Leto's performance to Heath Ledger's instead of looking at his portrayal as a unique interpretation of the Joker. But it is still early to formulate a consensus. I just think WB and DC need to stop making risky decisions regarding the designs and characterizations. People will find something to nitpick about and somehow it becomes a bigger issue. Also, many of the decisions they made for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman did not pay off. DC is constantly under the microscope, but for the right reasons.

People will always find something to criticize. Everything is subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"