Supergirl Supergirl Costume Discussion Thread

I like the costume as is. I wouldn't be opposed to it being brighter (brighter reds, blues and gold) and the tights being more flesh tones than black.

I also wouldn't be opposed to them using the Red K bodysuit as the basis for a new suit.

But, what I would really like to see, is Kara simply say that she's sick of wearing the same thing every day and switching it up simply because she's a young woman who would probably want to wear something different after two years, at least some of the time. Batman changes outfits every five minutes and it's okay, but it's not okay for Supergirl, Wonder Woman, etc to wear a variety of costumes.

For Supergirl (and Wonder Woman, too), that was a huge deal in the 1970s. Supergirl must have worn at least 100 different outfits in that time frame.

This site has some great examples.

And as far as I go, the blouse and hot pants gear with boots is one of my all-time favorite outfits. If only the powers that be could make that come to life in some kind of wild flashback driven episode of the TV show.

I could see them putting the S on the back, and maybe a change to the S on her chest, slight changer there wouldn't be a big deal. Other than that, just no need. Change for the sake of change means little.

You have read my mind Kelly. Fill in the S with some yellow and then perhaps the S on the cape and there you go. other than that...HANDS OFF.

I like the blue background in the S. It's personalized to her rather than being a generic emblem for either her or Superman.

I like the blue background in the S. It's personalized to her rather than being a generic emblem for either her or Superman.
Ditto. I like her crest being different from Superman's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"