Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it weird that they'd announce the character as a Series Regular initially, drop the role to a 'guest' role, and then 're-up' it to what it was originally supposed to be, which is why I'm confused about the whole thing.

Does anybody know how/where Jordan's name appears in the Pilot credits, JOOC?

I find it weird that they'd announce the character as a Series Regular initially, drop the role to a 'guest' role, and then 're-up' it to what it was originally supposed to be, which is why I'm confused about the whole thing.

Does anybody know how/where Jordan's name appears in the Pilot credits, JOOC?

Where was all of that stated? What official announcements are you talking about?

Just so you guys know, I'm not looking for rookie/cub reporter Jimmy Olsen. The Jimmy Olsen I know is your every day average guy with a good heart and a good eye who just happens to work at Daily Planet. While he has no problem in the dating department, he's not the suave, show up at the right time to save Kara's job, wise older man the pilot has so far made him out to be.

And Archie Andrews is not a comic relief character.

So that's where my issue is. Yes, he's older than when he worked with Clark, but that sort of essence of the character has been replaced, and I don't feel it works.

Well, this has already changed, unless he ACTUALLY DOES live next door to her. ;)

This one says guest role ON THE PILOT, with possibility to recur, so I guess that possibility has come true.

And, none of those were quotes from EP's, CD or otherwise, so again....changes can certainly happen in 4 months.

It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to see how well he (the character) tested with audiences before deciding whether or not to have him feature prominently in the series. He comes across as one of those characters people could easily dislike.

Jeremy Jordan has quite the following...I think keeping him on as a regular is a good idea. AND, I would love to see him go bad.

You think he has the range for that? I haven't seen him in anything else, and he wasn't really given any opportunities to stretch his legs in the pilot, but based on what he was given...nah, I don't see it working out. But I guess maybe that's the point.

^ He did play Clyde Barrow in a Musical adaptation of the lives of Bonnie and Clyde.

Jeremy Jordan is great in his Broadway roles. And that voice. :atp:

Well, if they're really going to do some love triangle, I'm certainly not looking forward to it.

You_are_not_alone_gif.gif

Oh, okay, cool. Did you see it?

No. However, knowing him from SMASH and knowing what his talent level is like in a broader sense (he's a Tony nominee), I don't think he'll have any problems playing Wynn as a VILLAIN if they go that route with the character, especially since he does have experience playing the 'bad guy' from BONNIE AND CLYDE.

Jeremy Jordan will not have any problem going "cold and calculating", no problem at all.

It seems like they're making their own versions of Lex and Zod, but making them female.

Instead of creating a female character that only resembles Brainiac, they should bring Brainiac on the show, but have the character be played by a woman. I've always liked the idea of a female Brainiac, the character doesn't necessarily require a male actor.

Bottom line though, this show really needs Brainiac along with more classic Superman villains

I basically just think this should be the new Smallville of the 2010s. Don't be afraid to use major Superman characters here and the show will thrive.

What kept me interested in Smallville was the main character, and the long list of villains from the comics who appeared in the show.

They've done pretty damn good so far with the announced villains for this show, so I'm not worried, but I really feel like this show needs Brainiac

Or more accurately... I need Brainiac... Done well in live action

It seems like they're making their own versions of Lex and Zod, but making them female.

Instead of creating a female character that only resembles Brainiac, they should bring Brainiac on the show, but have the character be played by a woman. I've always liked the idea of a female Brainiac, the character doesn't necessarily require a male actor.

Bottom line though, this show really needs Brainiac along with more classic Superman villains

I basically just think this should be the new Smallville of the 2010s. Don't be afraid to use major Superman characters here and the show will thrive.

What kept me interested in Smallville was the main character, and the long list of villains from the comics who appeared in the show.

They've done pretty damn good so far with the announced villains for this show, so I'm not worried, but I really feel like this show needs Brainiac

Hmmmm... I think Maxwell Lord will be their version of Lex. And I don't think we can necessarily say that
her aunt is SG's version of Zod just yet...yes they are both Generals, but that may be where it ends.
They have made it very clear that this is not a reinvented Superman.

And remember guys for those that have not seen the pilot and want to wait, don't spoil it for them.

I think they have done well with their first 2 choices for villains.

I love the human side of this story as much as the SG side, so my hope is that there is a strong balance between the two.

They really should keep Superman/Clark and Lois separate from this show. They don't need to bring in other people to play the parts when DC is trying to create a megaverse in the film industry.

The only way I support Lois and Clark coming to National City is if Erica Durance and Tom Welling reprise their roles.

Title of episode 2 revealed: [BLACKOUT]Stronger Together[/BLACKOUT]
3bJ5ALu.jpg

Sorry if it's been discussed before (I've been a bit out of the loop with news on this show lately), but Kreisberg confirmed that non-Superman characters will be introduced:

For right now, I don’t think the Arrow-Flash-Legends universe is going to cross with Supergirl,” Kreisberg said. “But just like on those shows, we bring in other DC characters and other DC heroes. We have plans to do the same on Supergirl.

So, Supergirl won’t feel like just Supergirl,” he continued. “There’s going to be some great, iconic DC Comics characters coming onto that show. And some of them not even necessarily associated with Superman. So, it will be a DC Comics show.
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/supergirl/247632/supergirl-will-feature-new-dc-superheroes

Last edited:
How about Cassie Sandsmark (Wonder Girl)? That could be cool.

If the films have "plans" for Brainiac, then the show might not be permitted to use him. Heck Arrow apparently cannot use Amanda Waller/Deadshot because of the films, nor Ted Kord because WB had "other plans" for him.

Personally, I don't think there's any reason at this point to believe that the show is under any sort of embargo when it comes to Superman-related characters, but we'll see.

Personally, I don't think there's any reason at this point to believe that the show is under any sort of embargo when it comes to Superman-related characters, but we'll see.

I don't believe there is either.

I mean, that is kind of how DC rolls.

That said, I think it's more likely that everyone except the Big Three (Superman, Lois, and Lex) is fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"