Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold_On_Set1_1280.jpg

No kidding, lol.

There will be a scene that WE SEE ON TV, that will only be her chest up....because from the waist down she is wearing that coat.....LMAO.

I would put Dynasty and Riverdale on Sunday....or Crazy Ex and Jane....
I think Dynasty and Riverdale sound like the perfect Sunday pairing. People love that primetime soapy stuff on Sundays, lol.

There will be a scene that WE SEE ON TV, that will only be her chest up....because from the waist down she is wearing that coat.....LMAO.
I saw that. :funny:

Better version

cj152FV.jpg

Maybe Kara and Imra will get together and dump Mon-El. Kamra?

Well let's hope they're not Kamra shy. :oldrazz:

Those are "click bait" titles, and looks like they worked.....LOL

Good grief....

I hate click bait titles. You can tell when they are. They usually say so-and-so "slams" or "blasts" someone. That's their typical over dramatic language. You know it will never be what they're claiming.

What often has happened is someone has merely voiced a different opinion and suddenly that turns into them "slamming" the other. Or it's actually part of an acted scene.

They must find some better vocabulary instead of those same tired phrases.

So I'm hearing a possible spoiler that I know will make a few people here happy if it turns out to be true - that Floriana/Maggie is only coming back for some [blackout]Black Mercy shenanigans[/blackout]. So I guess that would mean [blackout]Alex getting hit with it this time[/blackout]. Seems plausible enough since we know there's another one out there.

Oh gawd, seriously? So we may have to endure mediocre acting from a returning actress? Only if it is Kara that returns the favor when Alex rescued her last time and Maggie is just in her mind, not really there. PLEASE LET IT JUST BE THAT.

Oh gawd, seriously? So we may have to endure mediocre acting from a returning actress? Only if it is Kara that returns the favor when Alex rescued her last time and Maggie is just in her mind, not really there. PLEASE LET IT JUST BE THAT.
I don't know why I ever bother with spoiler tags in here, lol. But yes, the implication here is that Maggie is only showing up in Alex's dream world. I don't think much acting would be required there on her part. My only question (if this is true) is...why Alex?

So, Kelly, how you really feel about Florina? Don't hold back.

Im thinking maybe Supergirl should introduce Karen Beecher aka Bumblebee and make her into a love interest for Alex or Natasha Irons.

So I'm hearing a possible spoiler that I know will make a few people here happy if it turns out to be true - that Floriana/Maggie is only coming back for some [blackout]Black Mercy shenanigans[/blackout]. So I guess that would mean [blackout]Alex getting hit with it this time[/blackout]. Seems plausible enough since we know there's another one out there.

I hated the first episode with that funky flower. I sure as hell don't want a rehash of it, just with the roles reversed.

That was my 2nd-favorite episode of season one, but I'm not necessarily interested in a mere role-reversal version of that either, tbh. So hopefully either this spoiler is fake or there's a lot more to it.

I hated the first episode with that funky flower. I sure as hell don't want a rehash of it, just with the roles reversed.

I thought that episode was one of the strongest written and acted of the first season. We saw the black mercy very little....it certainly wasn't on screen much. But the writing and acting was excellent. I guess we watched different episodes.

I don't know why I ever bother with spoiler tags in here, lol. But yes, the implication here is that Maggie is only showing up in Alex's dream world. I don't think much acting would be required there on her part. My only question (if this is true) is...why Alex?

I did not mention anything you had in tags...:sly:

Why Alex, because Maggie has 1 more episode on her contract and this seemed like a good idea, because Lord knows they didn't know what to do wit her in the first few eps she was in this season.

But I did not post them. That is what counts....

She would have to show some acting chops if she was the one to go in and get her, but if she is just IN THE dream, then yeah....that's ok.

Haven't you heard? It's now Alex's show...lol or that is what some are saying. I don't think it has gone that far.....yet.

Where's the time?

You have the Winn episode coming back, Pestilence to find, Lena to find a solution and probably keep it from Kara and then, of course defeat them all. And, then you have the Legion, Mon El and Imra, Mon El and Kara.

I don't see why in the middle of all that, Alex will go off and find a Black Mercy. Also, how much of an idiot do they want her to be that she would go and touch it herself after seeing what it can do?

I really liked "For the Girl who has everything.." but I don't think a repeat would be a good idea.

However... if they are going there...

"For the Girl Who Has Everything..." was also about Kara being nostalgic and then realising that she has found a new home; and that she still has something to fight for.

If Alex's reaction is something similar, it might not be so terrible. Although, they have done it so many times already this season, I am not sure why they need to do it again.

Unless, it is for contractual purposes as Kelly said. I guess, if it is true, may be they had always had this in mind, and the awkward Alex-Maggie stuff in "Both Sides Now" is sort of a badly written build up to that.
And...

I don't think it was ever the Alex show. I don't remember the show losing focus or screen time to her except for stand alone episodes like "Alex" ...

And.. even in them, Kara was central to the resolution and it was always her show.

And, at least, in CBS, Alex was supposed to be a very important part of Kara's life and while CW has messed up some of that dynamic in how they dealt with Alex, I think, they still have the sisters dynamic as a central part of the show. Which is why, after Kara, Alex is among the most important characters (because she is important to Kara but also as a counterpoint to Kara).

I kind of like the Danvers sisters...so... that is one aspect that I hope they will just strengthen. And.. write better.

Otherwise, I think much of Alex's issues comes not from devoting too much screen time to her but from having Alex live in a separate world parallel to SG in much of S2 and the first few episodes of S3 (the Sanvers portions).

While Lima is nowhere near as talented as Melissa, Chyler or David (or Chris or Odette), I think a lot of the blame is also the writers'. They just reduced her to Alex's love interest, wrote in unnecessary drama that had only to do with Alex and their love story, and messed up the Danvers sisters for the sake of Maggie. Oh... and made her an unlikable character for said drama too.

Eh... irrespective of the reasons... I don't particularly relish the thought of having to sit through more Sanvers. :(

Last edited:
There have been MANY on Twitter that have said it has turned into the "Alex Show" I have not made that a clear opinion however because I don't think it has gotten to that point. But, moving to that point can be a problem as well.

I think it has more to do with many things coming together....

1. Alex being the rescuer quite often....
2. Alex equaling screen time in some instances, however I have not seen a screen time breakdown myself so that could just be people guessing.
3. It turning into the "Kara and Alex" show for some would be too much Alex, and time taken away from Kara as far as story line.

So, though I don't necessarily see all of that at this moment, I don't necessarily think people thinking that are flat out wrong. I can see where they would begin to think it....however I have enjoyed this season far more than Seasons 1 and 2, so that is probably why I maybe haven't perceived some of the things others have.

As far as reducing Maggie to Alex's love interest, I don't even thing that was done well. She was a selfish jerk at times, and only saw Alex's side of things when she was forced to see them....I found absolutely nothing uplifting in the Sanver's story line. Even when they wrote her as empathetic sort of, in Triggers when she found Supergirl cowering in the corner, I didn't think Lima came off as she should have seeing Supergirl in that predicament, and I just chalked it off as mediocre acting. I don't think she is a BAD actor, mediocre yes...but when put with the acting chops of Melissa and Chyler, it just shows in a really big way. ie in the episode "Alex" and the break up episode this season it was huge.

Last edited:
There have been MANY on Twitter that have said it has turned into the "Alex Show" I have not made that a clear opinion however because I don't think it has gotten to that point. But, moving to that point can be a problem as well.

I think it has more to do with many things coming together....

1. Alex being the rescuer quite often....
2. Alex equaling screen time in some instances, however I have not seen a screen time breakdown myself so that could just be people guessing.
3. It turning into the "Kara and Alex" show for some would be too much Alex, and time taken away from Kara as far as story line.

So, though I don't necessarily see all of that at this moment, I don't necessarily think people thinking that are flat out wrong. I can see where they would begin to think it....however I have enjoyed this season far more than Seasons 1 and 2, so that is probably why I maybe haven't perceived some of the things others have.

As far as reducing Maggie to Alex's love interest, I don't even thing that was done well. She was a selfish jerk at times, and only saw Alex's side of things when she was forced to see them....I found absolutely nothing uplifting in the Sanver's story line. Even when they wrote her as empathetic sort of, in Triggers when she found Supergirl cowering in the corner, I didn't think Lima came off as she should have seeing Supergirl in that predicament, and I just chalked it off as mediocre acting. I don't think she is a BAD actor, mediocre yes...but when put with the acting chops of Melissa and Chyler, it just shows in a really big way. ie in the episode "Alex" and the break up episode this season it was huge.

I think a lot of it has to do with perception and just how much you love a character or not.

I don't like Alex rescuing Kara too much myself. I think Alex should have a place both in the team, the show and in Kara's life that is unique to herself.

And, I think there are times when they don't know how to use Alex and because she is an original character and they love her, they sometimes use her where they shouldn't have. I'd have liked more focus on Alex the scientist than Alex the agent because agent is so many people, especially J'onn. Especially in CW, where they have a lot of aliens, using Alex the geneticist would have been so much better.

Anyways... I agree that F.Lima is not a terrible actor. However, I don't think she holds the screen very well and she doesn't complement Chyler at all. The chemistry is weird. I guess, she worsens and brings attention to the writing issues and there were writing issues with Sanvers. (The Mon El arc worked for so many people because Chris Wood has good skills in comedy and works well with Melissa.)

One of the things that bothers me most about the whole thing is how much a lot of gay women and kids have latched onto it as a good example of love. I don't see how it is. And, it just has created a lot of bad blood in the fandom.

Eh...No point in beating the dead (?) horse.

For me both with Karamel and Sanvers, I got really tired of the "fight", "make up", "fight", "make up" it got very tiresome.

I loved Karamel when they were just working together like the old "Nick and Nora" in the "Thin Man" series....but the angsty, teenage, bubble gum stuff with both couples was irritating. AND THEN, throw into the mix ALL OF THE BAGGAGE Maggie brought with her, hell Alex couldn't breath without pissing her off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"