Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

If we ever see Silver Banshee again, this is the route they need to go with her makeup and hair.
LGN315c_0001b.jpg

That looks more the way they should have gone with Livewire.

After watching the Shape of Water movie, I would like to see that kind of story in Supergirl and perhaps bring in Lagoon Boy.

Saturn Nominations are out....

Best Superhero Television Series:

Arrow (The CW)
Black Lightning (The CW)
The Flash (The CW)
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
Gotham (Fox)
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
Supergirl (The CW)

Best Actress on a Television Series

Gillian Anderson The X-Files (Fox Television)
Caitriona Balfe Outlander (Starz)
Melissa Benoist Supergirl (The CW)
Lena Headey Game of Thrones (HBO)
Sonequa Martin-Green Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access)
Adrianne Palicki The Orville (Fox Television)
Sarah Paulson American Horror Story: Cult (FX)
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Fargo (FX)

Best Supporting Actress on a Television Series

Odette Annable Supergirl (The CW)
Dakota Fanning The Alienist (TNT)
Danai Gurira The Walking Dead (AMC)
Melissa McBride The Walking Dead (AMC)
Candice Patton The Flash (The CW)
Adina Porter American Horror Story: Cult (The CW)
Krysten Ritter Marvel’s The Defenders (Netflix)
Rhea Seehorn Better Call Saul (AMC)

Interesting that Ritter is considered a supporting actress in The Defenders considering she's one of the four main characters and the only one of the four leads who is a female.

And is the one that made that series interesting at all....

The Supergirl/ Reign storyline is the one interests most.

Most of the superheroes shows nominated for Best Superhero show are from DC, except for Marvel's Agents of Shield. Black Lightning just got debuted this year and it received a nomination. I think it's going to be a toss up between Supergirl, Flash, and Black Lightning.

Melissa has some good competition, especially against Sonequa of Star Trek Discovery, a show I also watch as a Star Trek fan.

To me Black Lightning is head and shoulders above Flash, which is head and shoulders above Arrow, which is head and shoulders above Legends and Supergirl this season.

Off topic...somewhat.

Supergirl and Flash director Kevin Smith will be dealing with The Joker...SOMEWHAT. Whether you know it or not, among my many likes, is game shows. And, in segments I assumed taped before his recent health scare, Kevin Smith will be among those making cameo appearances as part of categories on the reboot of the late 70's-Mid 80's game show classic THE JOKER'S WILD hosted by Snoop Dogg. The new version's second season starts on April 15th at 10:00PM EST on TBS.

This is according to the blog BuzzerBlog which looks at game show.

For those who don't know about "The game where knowledge is king and Lady Luck is queen" 2 players spin a giant slot machine and select categories and answer questions (some on this version are for the lowest common denominator). The joker's are wild and can be used to increase winnings.

After three rounds of play with money going up for each, whoever wins the most money plays the bonus game Face The Devil. On the wheels are dollar amounts from $300-$1500, and Jokers (each worth $2000). If a player spins $10,000 or more, he or she wins $50,000(up from $25,000 last season). After each spin, the player can take the money and run...because...in one of those wheels is...THE DEVIL. If he shows up...you're broke!

Prior to Snoop, the show was hosted by Jack Barry, who created the show originally in 1969. It went to CBS in 1972 for three years, but enjoyed big success in syndication starting in 1977/78. After Jack died in 1984, another hosting legend, Bill Cullen took over until the end in 1986. A new version, based on definitions came on in 1990 hosted by Pat Finn. It had a "devil" of a time trying to be successful.

Like I said, I love game shows...one might call me a game show GEEK.

I've looked up the Saturn Award for Best Superhero TV series and both Flash and Supergirl have won those. As much as I like Supergirl, Black Lightning has a good chance of winning it.

I decided to start watching BL because I Summer binge all of the others except for SG which I watch live..... and honestly I haven't been able to get into BL this season.

As far as the little bit I've heard from some on Twitter that watch all of them live, SG has had a stronger season than the others...but I won't know that until the end of the summer after watching the others. But as for BL it hasn't tweeked my interest at all, so it may or may not get a binge watch this summer for the remainder of the episodes I haven't watched.

Supergirl definitely has avoided the 3rd season slump that plagued Arrow and Flash.

Black Lightning is good, though. If just for the fact that it kind of ignores that it is on the CW and the accompanying tropes.

Black Lightning is easily the best of the shows to me, but I agree SG is the returning one having the best season.

I don't feel Supergirl has had a good season yet, this one included. I like the characters and there are fantastic individual episodes but the whole show never really comes together. Most characters have no arcs and the ones that do don't feel earned. Constantine and Legends S1 have similar issues. They don't really build to anything.

Supergirl definitely has avoided the 3rd season slump that plagued Arrow and Flash.

Black Lightning is good, though. If just for the fact that it kind of ignores that it is on the CW and the accompanying tropes.

I totally think that it will find its audience, and it wasn't that the writing was horrible or anything like that.....just not a show for me.

Black Lightning has mainly settled into its audience. We will see if there is a Netflix uptick next season. And nothing wrong if it isn't for you.

I haven't seen the Crisis on Earth-X crossover, but I've been told that Martian Manhunter doesn't appear in it at all. Is that right? Wikipedia shows him in the cast.

He may show up for a hot second but he has no relevance in the overall plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"