Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Lena’s going to make an appearance in Earth-Prime #1

Good thing Supergirl ended with 6 seasons because the showrunners proposed a 7th season without Supergirl. Thankfully the CW rejected it. This shows you the producers and writers priorities because many watch Supergirt for Supergirl, not anyone else. Can you imagine the same would've happened with the other Arrowverse shows?

Good thing Supergirl ended with 6 seasons because the showrunners proposed a 7th season without Supergirl. Thankfully the CW rejected it. This shows you the producers and writers priorities because many watch Supergirt for Supergirl, not anyone else. Can you imagine the same would've happened with the other Arrowverse shows?

Where have you heard this? Do you have a link?

Yeah that was the dumbest thing I've heard but it isnt the first time someone has tried this. I believe there were talks to continue Buffy w/out Buffy and have Willow take over or Faith.

Supergirl had a good run, 6 years is great and it was time to end. The writers could barely write a good story in S6. We didnt need anyone taking over, especially when they wouldnt be Supergirl.

Yeah that was the dumbest thing I've heard but it isnt the first time someone has tried this. I believe there were talks to continue Buffy w/out Buffy and have Willow take over or Faith.

Supergirl had a good run, 6 years is great and it was time to end. The writers could barely write a good story in S6. We didnt need anyone taking over, especially when they wouldnt be Supergirl.

Agreed. Best leave Supergirl where it's at.

I’m jumping back into this. I know I didn’t watch the final season, but thought I had watched season 5, but apparently not.

What is the general consensus on the final 2 seasons?

I watched season 1 and 2 while they aired but fell off. And then I pretty much binged season 3 and 4 back in 2019 while on a trip and I remember enjoying them well enough.

I’m jumping back into this. I know I didn’t watch the final season, but thought I had watched season 5, but apparently not.

What is the general consensus on the final 2 seasons?

I watched season 1 and 2 while they aired but fell off. And then I pretty much binged season 3 and 4 back in 2019 while on a trip and I remember enjoying them well enough.
The show peaked at S4, imo. S5 & S6 had some decent bits/episodes but are generally not viewed too positively on the whole from what I’ve seen. The premiere and 100th episode in S5 were pretty good. That season had no proper ending because of Covid - the S6 premiere was basically a condensed version of what they had planned for the end of S5. Then the first 6 or so episodes of S6 absolutely draaaaggged because of the BTS situation with Melissa on maternity leave and filming all her stuff away from the rest of the cast, but after that it picks up and has its ups and downs, as it was more interested in the characters and finishing out their journeys in a satisfying way than in a compelling main story, imo. Both seasons were highly mixed bags, basically. But if you’re invested in the characters, I’d say still worth watching, warts and all.

Due to various reasons I didn't see any of the last few seasons. I bought the DVDs though, will try to watch them in the next few months. I also missed the last few seasons of FLASH, plan on watching soon too.

Dreamer's coming, Javicia Leslie is coming...with The Flash essentially being the series finale of the Arrowverse, I wouldn't be surprised if we got at least one character from the other DCCW shows here for the final season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"