Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming late to the discussion about Mon-El.

I don't agree when people say that there is no chemistry between Mon-El and Kara. In my opinion, it is off the charts, and both of them are charming and funny when they are together. I sometimes think that people are blinded by their own shipping preferences (by the record, I see the chemistry with Lena but not with James, but I definitely prefer her with Mon-El).

I also think that this relationship is an interesting story for Kara. One of her superpowers is inspiring others. Also it appears that she is more prejudiced than he though and she is evolving over that. This will be particularly interesting one the daxam story kicks off. How will she react?

I also think that Chris is a charismatic, charming, likeable actor. I have recently seen him as a villain in the vampire diaries, and I am looking forward to the part of the season when Daxam is coming into play. There is potential for some dark stories there, and I for one want to see them.

I also don't agree that a woman cannot be a strong, independent heroine while having a love interest. A man can choose to do whatever she wants. They wouldn't say this about a man. Also they don't say this while shipping her with a woman.

We all have our preferences. Everyone can discuss their opinions. There will people who would like their current storylines, but others would welcome more diversity or prefer another character or pairing or are not interested in storylines redeeming bad boys. We can't discuss our views in forum or social media and give our reasons. That is absolutely fine. I don't think that it is acceptable some of the things that I have seen (such as saying that writers, actors or fan who like a particular ship are racist, homophobe or support abusive relationships).

"Shipping wars" are a strange thing, we haven't had much of that around here, it is mostly on Twitter, and can get pretty ridiculous at times. But for the most part people are pretty chilled on that stuff here. :)

I know I am at least. But what I am not chilled on is BTS pics. Like this one from the "Official Kevin Sorbo Facebook Page."

It's TWO Kevins for the price of one...

16807537_1526030797436981_3024519219859143425_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95