Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
No love for The Flash (1990)? I see that for $10-15 dollars every time I go to Walmart.
I've had original FLASH series forever. I taped all episodes when it originally ran. Then when I bought my first DVD recorder, it was one of the first things I transferred to disc. Then over a decade ago it was officially released on DVD and I bought that. I love the series.

speaking of Walmart, I just picked up a "double pack" of Smallville Seasons 1 and 2 for $20!!!

It's great to rewatch Smallville, as I never watched all of the seasons and eps, and these early eps I barely remember.
I bought every season as they came out (the first 4 seasons were not on my town's cable, so had to have the discs to see the series) and continued to buy them as they came out.

I've had original FLASH series forever. I taped all episodes when it originally ran. Then when I bought my first DVD recorder, it was one of the first things I transferred to disc. Then over a decade ago it was officially released on DVD and I bought that. I love the series.

I bought every season as they came out (the first 4 seasons were not on my town's cable, so had to have the discs to see the series) and continued to buy them as they came out.

I had some of the older seasons on DVD, but I sold them awhile back.

now I need to rehunt those down.......lol.

Well in my DVD collection are

TV--All seasons
Wonder Woman
Adventures of Superman
1974-76 SHAZAM! (CBS Saturday show from Filmation)
1976-78 The Secrets of Isis (another CBS Saturday show)

Current
Flash 1 & 2
Supergirl 1

Would LIKE TO HAVE
Batman 1966-68
The Flash 1990

I also have old movie serials

Adventures of Captain Marvel (1941..some call the greatest of all time)
Superman (1948)
Atom Man Vs Superman (1950)
Batman (1943)
Batman and Robin (1949)
The Green Hornet (1939)
The Green Hornet Strikes Again! (1940)

On this Valentine's Day, Laura Benanti (Alura/Astra) got the ultimate one...SHE'S NOW A SUPERMOM!

Us Magazine is reporting she gave birth to a girl this afternoon. She is married to Patrick Brown.

I understand baby and mom are doing fine.

I have tons of Marvel/DC DVDs and Blu Rays.

-All the Marvel Cinematic Universe films on Blu Ray
-Daredevil Season 1 on Blu Ray
-Jessica Jones Season 1 on Blu Ray
-All the X-Men films on Blu Ray, including the Rogue Cut of DOFP and the Extended Cut of Wolverine
-All the Blade films on Blu Ray, and the complete TV series on DVD
-The Spectacular Spider-Man complete series on Blu Ray
-Spider-Man MTV series complete on DVD
-Earth's Mightest Heroes Avengers complete series on Blu Ray
-Wolverine and the X-Men complete series on Blu Ray
-Powers season 1 on Blu Ray
-Kick Ass on Blu Ray
-Punisher (Tom Jane version) on Blu Ray
-All the DC Extended Universe films on Blu Ray, including the Ultimate Edition of BVS
-All the Arrowverse seasons released so far including Constantine and Supergirl on Blu Ray, 90s Flash DVD
-Batman the Animated Series+New Batman Adventures complete on DVD, including Mask of the Phantasm, Myster of the Batwoman, Mr Freeze: Sub Zero films
-Superman the Animated Series complete on DVD
-Batman Beyond complete on DVD, including Return of the Joker film
-Justice League and Justice League Unlimited complete series on DVD
-Teen Titans complete series including Trouble in Tokyo film on DVD
-Young Justice complete series on DVD
-Batman: the Brave and the Bold complete series on DVD
-iZombie seasons 1 and 2 on Blu Ray
-Lucifer season 1 on Blu Ray
-Preacher season 1 on Blu Ray
-Swamp Thing the movie on Blu Ray, Return of Swamp Thing and complete Swamp Thing: the Series on DVD
-Superboy the complete series on DVD
-Batman (1966) complete series on Blu Ray, including live action and recent animated films
-Kingsman: the Secret Service on Blu Ray
-V for Vendetta on Blu Ray
-Watchmen on Blu Ray
-Constantine on Blu Ray
-All three Batman Unlimited films on Blu Ray or DVD
-Literally every single DC Universe Animated Original Movie on Blu Ray, including the compilations of shorts and the shared universe stuff
-all the LEGO DC animated films released so far on Blu Ray
-JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time on DVD
-Superman the Movie on Laserdisc
-Batman (1989) on Blu Ray
-Green Lantern: the Animated Series on Blu Ray

Stuff I still need:
-X-Men the Animated Series
-Max Fleischer Superman cartoons
-future seasons of Flash, iZombie, Daredevil, Legion, etc, etc, etc
-future MCU, X-Men, and DCEU films
-future DC animated films

I mean, I think I heard Victor Garber was participating, but they've never mentioned this being a 3-way crossover before, and if the LoT were involved in such a big way as to contribute a time-travel element as well, I feel like they would milk that in the interviews/promo they've done about it. So I have a feeling the setting is just due to the Music Meister's hypnosis or whatever. Anyone who hears his voice falls under his "spell" and he makes them believe themselves to be living in a musical, so maybe this is just what their musical world looks like. It will probably seem like a dream or something.

Who? :D I dig the idea of setting it in the 40's though, thery couldn't have timed this ep better with La La Land the big awards season favourite.

Who? :D I dig the idea of setting it in the 40's though, thery couldn't have timed this ep better with La La Land the big awards season favourite.
Ha, I hadn't thought of that, but you're right about the timing.

And yeah, Music Meister's a metahuman who can put everyone who hears his voice into a state of hypnosis. And while he does this to control them because of whatever nefarious scheme he's trying to pull off, he's also a big music loving cheeseball, so he likes to make them all believe they're living in a musical. Because why not, lol.

I dig the idea of the setting too, I just hope the original songs aren't too cringey. The original songs were always the absolute worst on Glee, whereas the original songs Joss Whedon wrote for the Buffy musical were mostly awesome and clever, so I'm prepared for it to go either way at this point.

Well gang, Lois Lane, I mean Teri Hatcher has been spotted in a fitting for her costume for her appearance with Kevin Sorbo.

The following picture is from her Twitter account

C4uzhyvUkAAW-hy.jpg

As is this comment...

Well I'm definitely gettin some love in the wardrobe room @TheCWSupergirl. Can't think of a more fun place to be.

Yep, Teri's now part of the insanity that is the Supergirl set.

I've got a sneaky feeling that...

Hatcher & Sorbo are playing Mon-El's parents. it's clear he's the Daxim prince... but what if the King & Queen escaped as well? they realise he escaped the planet's destruction and have been looking for him for decades via their faceless minions...

I've got a sneaky feeling that...

Hatcher & Sorbo are playing Mon-El's parents. it's clear he's the Daxim prince... but what if the King & Queen escaped as well? they realise he escaped the planet's destruction and have been looking for him for decades via their faceless minions...
Yeah, that seems to be the most likely scenario, imo. If he doesn't come clean about his true identity before that...[blackout]"the King and Queen of Daxam are here to retrieve their prince!"[/blackout] will certainly be an awkward way for everyone to find out, lol.

TeriHatcherMelissaBenoist_zpsiddwdy8v.jpeg~original

This pic is clearly conveniently cropped to avoid revealing whatever headgear Hatcher's wearing.

But I mean TV's Supergirl and Lois Lane...together at last. Just don't tell "the big guy" ok? And Teri called Melissa a "total ray of sunshine."

It looks like Kevin Smith has gotten himself involved with...WONDER WOMAN? On the set of Supergirl in preps for his upcoming episode, Lynda Carter, aka President Olivia Marsdin (secretly an alien), was seen acting rather silly for her age with Smith. I guess not even TV's amazing Amazon can avoid the insanity. The picture is from Kevin Smith's Instagram...

16789442_219908518416580_3707961617300848640_n.jpg

You're a wonder, Wonder Woman! Had a @dccomics dream day working with the First Lady of TV Superheroes, @reallyndacarter on @supergirlcw! She's still fighting for our rights, but what you can't see is that I'M the one wearing the satin tights.

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

hope that means we'll get to see more President Lynda.

the issue of her looking to be an alien and thus not what she seems has never been touched upon again since Lynda's last appearance.

Noticed a lot of promos for Supergirl during Riverdale. I counted four, while just seemed to be one for some of the other shows. OTOH I didn't notice any Supergirl promos
during Arrow last night. I guess the CW feels the Riverdale audience is more compatible with Supergirl than the Arrow audience.

Noticed a lot of promos for Supergirl during Riverdale. I counted four, while just seemed to be one for some of the other shows. OTOH I didn't notice any Supergirl promos
during Arrow last night. I guess the CW feels the Riverdale audience is more compatible with Supergirl than the Arrow audience.

I think so as well, that is why I think they should have paired the two....but JTV is doing better behind Supergirl than it did last year, so I'm sure it will keep its post on Monday nights.

I also think that had they advertised Riverdale more towards the Supergirl/Glee audience it would have premiered higher, but it looks like they have a pretty stable set now, so it will undoubtedly get renewed, unfortunate however for the other 2 CW shows that premiered this season, they are dead in the water.

I think so as well, that is why I think they should have paired the two....but JTV is doing better behind Supergirl than it did last year, so I'm sure it will keep its post on Monday nights.

I also think that had they advertised Riverdale more towards the Supergirl/Glee audience it would have premiered higher, but it looks like they have a pretty stable set now, so it will undoubtedly get renewed, unfortunate however for the other 2 CW shows that premiered this season, they are dead in the water.

You mean people are asking "What's the FREQUENCY Kenneth?" And the CW is acting like there truly is NO TOMORROW.

Make of this what you may...from Larry Teng on Instagram...

16789651_1376172932447306_2776287080840429568_n.jpg

That time when @chy_leigh was caught in deep thought.

Well sometimes your best thinking is done there.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Did she knock over those chairs in a rush to get to the toilet seat? But then she seems to have forgotten something.

LMAO.....oh my goodness, that made me laugh.

There is a picture of me running around somewhere in the family at about the age of 10, I'm on the toilet reading my Science book. Plaid skirt, knee socks, and white blouse....I look like a Catholic school girl. hahahahahahahaaaaa, I was not happy with mom taking that picture. :( And the book looked 3x my size...LOL

Big secret finally revealed!! Kelly grows up to be Chyler and gets a girlfriend named Maggie! :eek:

Big secret finally revealed!! Kelly grows up to be Chyler and gets a girlfriend named Maggie! :eek:

Uuuuuuuhhhhhh.......................................no.

I just understand her feeling of.........ooops, ya caught me.

Well that idea went quickly down the toilet.

Coming late to the discussion about Mon-El.

I don't agree when people say that there is no chemistry between Mon-El and Kara. In my opinion, it is off the charts, and both of them are charming and funny when they are together. I sometimes think that people are blinded by their own shipping preferences (by the record, I see the chemistry with Lena but not with James, but I definitely prefer her with Mon-El).

I also think that this relationship is an interesting story for Kara. One of her superpowers is inspiring others. Also it appears that she is more prejudiced than he though and she is evolving over that. This will be particularly interesting one the daxam story kicks off. How will she react?

I also think that Chris is a charismatic, charming, likeable actor. I have recently seen him as a villain in the vampire diaries, and I am looking forward to the part of the season when Daxam is coming into play. There is potential for some dark stories there, and I for one want to see them.

I also don't agree that a woman cannot be a strong, independent heroine while having a love interest. A man can choose to do whatever she wants. They wouldn't say this about a man. Also they don't say this while shipping her with a woman.

We all have our preferences. Everyone can discuss their opinions. There will people who would like their current storylines, but others would welcome more diversity or prefer another character or pairing or are not interested in storylines redeeming bad boys. We can't discuss our views in forum or social media and give our reasons. That is absolutely fine. I don't think that it is acceptable some of the things that I have seen (such as saying that writers, actors or fan who like a particular ship are racist, homophobe or support abusive relationships).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"