Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the perspective really makes me cringe. I seems more on the accurate side, to it's credit, but the arm itself looks elongated.

I like the poster but the fist does seem a bit big.

LET THE FILMING BEGIN....

2qwk0mp.jpg

33bzcow.jpg

k34xnr.jpg

sg7kg4.jpg

esnos9.jpg

Thanks to Ali Adler, David Harewood and Supergirl.tv for the pics. I'm sure there will many more to come!

I'm copying this post here as well as the Official pics thread so that you can discuss.... :)

Last edited:
k34xnr.jpg

Supergirl and donuts...a winning combination. And that smile...**faints** I am in love!!!!!! :ilv::ilv::ilv::ilv::ilv: :hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:

She is such a kid at heart. She came on to the stage with such energy. And the way Mel interacts with the kids, she will one day make a :super:UPER MOM!!! Imagine if that happens, her child(ren) would say, "my mommy was Supergirl now she's super mom. So if you mess with me, YOU ARE IN FOR IT!"

She's very cute. :ilv:

A total cutie pie. She is so adorable, I want to hug her.

Mel B is about to lead a female superhero revolution on TV, followed by on the big screen Wonder Woman in Batman Vs Superman in the statuesque Gal Gadot (even though I still think Lynda Carter is MY :ww: and Melissa with her charisma, charm, bubbly aura and looks, not to mention a $1,000,000 smile is equal to her [I know that's saying much]).

There is from the OTHER comic company Psylocke (Olivia Munn) in another X-Men movie. Saw a pic of her...WOW!!!!

But Mel B is in charge right now. And to look at her everyday is a treat. Supergirl is my comic book crush, and now in the form of Melissa Benoist she is coming to life. And I love her for it. She will be character-wise the SG I remember reading in the comics as a kid in the 1980's...powerful yes, but caring, warm, loving and of course gorgeous...my dream girl.

Look, we guys try to chase after our Supergirl, Wonder Woman or even Batgirl, but yet we pass the Linda Danvers, Diana Princes and Barbara Gordon's on a daily basis just as much as women try to find their Superman or heck even Captain America, only to walk past every Clark Kent and Steve Rogers out there.

You can tell she's a blast to work with just going by that picture, and that costume is so gorgeous.

Benoist is seriously the cutest. :hrt: I can't wait to see more of her when the series premieres. If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that she'll be a very likable Supergirl.

All of this really makes me hope that this show is a hit and not a 13 episode/1 season wonder.

The more I see the costume, the more I like it. It's just the outlandishly campy tone of the pilot that's putting me off. They really need to reign that in and tone down the Superman references- especially since he never actually will show up.

The more I see the costume, the more I like it. It's just the outlandishly campy tone of the pilot that's putting me off. They really need to reign that in and tone down the Superman references- especially since he never actually will show up.

I think RE: Superman references there may be some kind of legal issue with that. Like most things in law it's all based on technicalities.

As for the costume, it just keeps on getting better the more we see Melissa in it. She is TOTALLY ADORABLE and yet sexy in it at the same time. :hrt:

RE: The tone, well producers said they are using the Richard Donner Superman films as somewhat a template. I hope they can do an even mix of comedy, heart, action and avoid the love triangles but also the camp which seemed to define Batman 1966-68 and Wonder Woman 1975-79.

I strongly suspect that we're dealing with A GOTHAM situation re: Supergirl, especially since we know that the way they're utilizing Superman - referring to him in the abstract - is a deliberate choice modeled off of the way HBO's Veep utilized the character of the President of the United States.

IOW, they have the right to use the character and explicitly identify him, but are choosing to use him sparingly and have him exist 'off-stage' in order to keep the focus where it belongs, which is on Kara.

I also strongly suspect that we will eventually see Superman pay a visit to National City, but only after Kara's established herself as a hero and the series has found its own footi.

She even has a bit of donut cream on her lower lip. :ilv:

Uh, let me get that **kiss** :ilv: Sorry to do that but what guy would not want to kiss Supergirl? :cwink: Especially one so cute as Melissa. I am still in love. Yeah, I got it bad. I know Missy is married, but this is that crush a boy has in school when he sees a cute girl. I have had those in reality myself.

Is she married now? When did this happen?

Melissa's enthusiasm and excitement at the start of the video draw you right in. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what tests they set up to gauge her powers.

Yeah. Me too. It looks like they are going to be shooting some type of missile at her to test her invulnerability. Wonder what the results will be...:cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"