Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Supergirl TV series has a ton of potential sounds awesome wish it was being made...

Article is already obsolete considering Green has confirmed he isn't involved in such a project.

Who do you believe when it comes to what Michael Green is doing... E or Michael Green himself?

So Supergirl won't be on the CW. That's good news IMO.

I have an idea for this show..

Maybe there isn't going to be another Superman solo movie for a while, maybe they'll use a lot of Superman villains on this Supergirl show because they won't be able to use them in the movies.

Perhaps Superman died at the hands of Doomsday in this universe, and Supergirl is picking up his slack. Lex would be mentioned but not seen. Darkseid and Doomsday would never show up. Brainiac could be a threat that's built up over a few seasons.

The villains of the series could be: Metallo, Parasite, Bizarro, Toyman, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Jax-Ur and Mala, Livewire, Bruno Mannheim, Lobo, Intergang.

Introduce Conner Kent, Jimmy Olsen, and Steel as supporting characters

Green is actively involved, with Bryan Fuller, in bringing American Gods to the screen. I don't think he's got room for Supergirl too.

Maybe this “Supergirl” series is the live action Young Justice series that was rumored a while back with Supergirl replacing Superboy or something… Hey, a man can dream.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/supergirl-tv-series-dc-comics-829364/
Supergirl Takes Flight With TV Series From Greg Berlanti & Ali Adler
by Nellie Andreeva

On the heels of the success of Arrow and the strong buzz for its upcoming offshoot The Flash, both co-created and executive produced by Greg Berlanti, the top producer is looking to transition another popular DC superhero character to the small screen. I’ve learned that Berlanti has teamed with Ali Adler, who worked on his ABC series No Ordinary Family, for a TV series based on Supergirl. Warner Bros. TV, which is behind all DC TV series, will produce with Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods.

I hear the project, which is still in development, will be a new interpretation of the the Supergirl character and her story. Adler is expected to write the script and executive produce with Berlanti. DC’s Geoff Johns, who has been involved in both Arrow and The Flash, is also expected to be part of the project but it is unclear at this time what his role will be. The Supergirl show doesn’t have a name yet. I hear the producers are considering several options that need to be cleared, including Super and Girl. The project is expected to be taken out in a couple of weeks and pitched to the major networks the way WBTV and DC did with their high profile Batman prequel Gotham, which landed at Fox with a big commitment. The Supergirl series had been in the works at WBTV for some time with Berlanti and Adler. Contrary to a report that was picked up by a number of outlets, Michael Green has had no involvement in the project.

Created by writer Otto Binder and designed by artist Al Plastino in 1959, there had been several characters that had assumed the Supergirl persona, most notably Superman’s cousin, Kara Zor-El, who shares his super powers and vulnerability to Kryptonite.

There will be four DC/WBTV series on the air this coming season, Gotham, the CW’s Arrow and The Flash and NBC’s Constantine. In addition to Arrow and The Flash, Berlanti has new NBC crime dramedy The Mysteries of Laura, and his company just sold conspiracy thriller Blindspot to NBC. Berlanti and Adler are repped by WME.
This makes sense to me. I follow Johns on Twitter and saw that he started following Ali Adler a few days back. Johns following a TV writer unrelated to any of his projects on the air made me wonder if they had anything in the works.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/supergirl-tv-series-dc-comics-829364/
Supergirl Takes Flight With TV Series From Greg Berlanti & Ali Adler
by Nellie Andreeva

On the heels of the success of Arrow and the strong buzz for its upcoming offshoot The Flash, both co-created and executive produced by Greg Berlanti, the top producer is looking to transition another popular DC superhero character to the small screen. I’ve learned that Berlanti has teamed with Ali Adler, who worked on his ABC series No Ordinary Family, for a TV series based on Supergirl. Warner Bros. TV, which is behind all DC TV series, will produce with Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods.

I hear the project, which is still in development, will be a new interpretation of the the Supergirl character and her story. Adler is expected to write the script and executive produce with Berlanti. DC’s Geoff Johns, who has been involved in both Arrow and The Flash, is also expected to be part of the project but it is unclear at this time what his role will be. The Supergirl show doesn’t have a name yet. I hear the producers are considering several options that need to be cleared, including Super and Girl. The project is expected to be taken out in a couple of weeks and pitched to the major networks the way WBTV and DC did with their high profile Batman prequel Gotham, which landed at Fox with a big commitment. The Supergirl series had been in the works at WBTV for some time with Berlanti and Adler. Contrary to a report that was picked up by a number of outlets, Michael Green has had no involvement in the project.

Created by writer Otto Binder and designed by artist Al Plastino in 1959, there had been several characters that had assumed the Supergirl persona, most notably Superman’s cousin, Kara Zor-El, who shares his super powers and vulnerability to Kryptonite.

There will be four DC/WBTV series on the air this coming season, Gotham, the CW’s Arrow and The Flash and NBC’s Constantine. In addition to Arrow and The Flash, Berlanti has new NBC crime dramedy The Mysteries of Laura, and his company just sold conspiracy thriller Blindspot to NBC. Berlanti and Adler are repped by WME.

Is it true that the CW rejected the pitch? I wonder where else it can fit.

Andrew Jones was a crippled jockey who was selected by an agency known as the Stable to undergo genetic therapy and had his DNA spliced with that of a horse and could walk again. He also developed enhanced strength through his genetic modification. He was fitted with a suit that allowed him to fly. As a thank you, Stable wanted him to work for them, but Andrew refused and ran.

Andrea Martinez was a girl who was unsure of herself, she even tried killing herself a couple of times. She then met Cutter Sharp, and got married to him. But that didn't take and she left him. She started using drugs, and her life went downwards. Then she found extreme-sport, she tried every crazy thing she could think of. Finally, she opted to climb the Mt. Everest all by her own. That was her last mistake, she fell and broke her legs, she was going to die.

Then Andrew Jones found the young woman Andrea Martinez freezing to death on a mountaintop. He attempted to save her but ended up fusing with her into the Earth-Born Angel of Love, the Comet. Andrea's personality seems to be the dominant one, because when Comet turns back to human, he's a she. Andrew renamed herself to Andy Jones in honor of Andrew who saved her.

Comet
Comet encountered Supergirl, who found herself attracted to him due to his love powers. However when she learned that Comet could change into a human woman she rejected his affections and opened the way for the Blithe, the Angel of Light, to exploit Andrea's feelings of rejection due to the fact she was a lesbian. This allowed Blithe to convince Comet to work for the Carnivore, a powerful evil force and transform into an winged centaur with icy wings and freezing vision. However Supergirl was able to help Comet overcome his manipulation, and even won Blithe over to their side. Blithe being bisexual fell for Comet as she loved both his aspects

I think if they is enough budget from cgi

Andrew-Jones_New_Earth.jpg

I don't know. All the articles up until now have been right about a Supergirl series being in the works, but wrong about the people involved, so who knows where The CW stands at the moment. I don't see why they'd say no... they've got a working relationship with Berlanti, Arrow has been successful for them, The Flash has a lot of interest and a female hero would work for the network.

SUPERGIRL TV Show IS In Development, But Don't Expect To See Her On The CW
http://www.eonline.com/news/576011/...in-the-works-and-we-could-not-be-more-excited

Great news!

Interesting. I guess the show would have more money to work with budget wise if sold to ABC, NBC, or CBS or FOX? I expect it to be NBC, TNT, or maybe NextFlix to pick up? Disney owns ABC, so they wont work with DC.

This is good to hear that SuperGirl is being developed. Hope they do her right! I mean....do it right...errrrr....

Last edited:
Great news!

Interesting. I guess the show would have more money to work with budget wise if sold to ABC, NBC, or CBS or FOX? I expect it to be NBC, TNT, or maybe NextFlix to pick up? Disney owns ABC, so they wont work with DC.

This is good to hear that SuperGirl is being developed. Hope they do her right! I mean....do it right...errrrr....

I think it maybe part of Amazon Warner deal..

I wonder how low her power level will be.​

i would make Brainiac the main villain of this series. I wouldn't use Lex Luthor, but he could be mentioned.

The Legion of Super Heroes should definitely be involved.

Metallo, Bizarro, Parasite, and Toyman, Bruno Mannheim and Intergang can be major villains.

i would make Brainiac the main villain of this series. I wouldn't use Lex Luthor, but he could be mentioned.

The Legion of Super Heroes should definitely be involved.

Metallo, Bizarro, Parasite, and Toyman, Bruno Mannheim and Intergang can be major villains.

Agreed also some villains like carnivore, twilight, and new 52 cyborg superman.

k80zseM.jpg

the general color scheme of the first Supergirl movie suit is what I'd want. A modern version of that suit, more in the direction of the Man of Steel suit, would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"