Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 15 "Exodus" - MAJOR SPOILERS

Must say one of my favorite scenes from tonights episode! Kara/Alex

You can actually make out her facial features somewhat lol

And again, why didnt they have Kara bring this news to Lois Lane?

Why didn't Supergirl just call a press conference?

The media would rush to talk to her.

i really like the first act of this ep, the way they were just chilling in the bar and Winn talking then flash bang transition to Lyra's abduction.

overall i think its a great ep, lotsa good character moments. the only criticism i have is how Daddy Danvers welfare seem to have been an afterthought after he betrayed Cadmus. its like-- wont they kill him?

anyways, looks like we're entering Mon-El's storyline. gotta admit i did a little jig seeing Kevin Sorbo and Terri Hatcher at the end :applaud

The only thing I came away with from this episode was that Alex crossed several lines and got away with it.

Great episode. I liked the dual nods to L&C with Cain and Hatcher , and with Desperate Housewives with Hatcher and Brenda Strong.

I used to watch Hercules and Xena every Saturday afternoon as a teen in the 90s so its cool to see Kevin Sorbo . He was actually up for the part of Clark during the casting of Lois and Clark. I also maybe sorta had a thing for Hatcher back in the day as well:cwink::ilv:.

Can't wait till next week.

what line I have not seen L and S in years
"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."

On a random note, I loved the "Oh ****" look shared by the two henchmen when they thought they accidentally pushed their boss' daughter to her death. Especially the one who comically covered his mouth in shock/fear.

Last edited:
I also had a flashback to the S:TAS pilot when Pa Kent says "you are Clark, Superman helps out now and then" I am of course paraphrasing it ;).

This episode is honestly so much better than last week it's not even funny. I mean, even little things like J'onn immediately telling everyone to calm down when they lost communication with Kara because he logically concluded that she just lost her comms in the blast...it's like his brain grew back overnight.

It was better and I did enjoy it a lot, but every week there's at least one very dumb plot point that is "eye roll" central.

In this one, we have aliens being rounded up for deportation. Yet they still hang out TOGETHER at their favorite dive bar which was obviously going to be targeted at some point during the show.

Awww, Alex let Maggie borrow her space gun. How sweet.

Pretty good episode.

It was better and I did enjoy it a lot, but every week there's at least one very dumb plot point that is "eye roll" central.

In this one, we have aliens being rounded up for deportation. Yet they still hang out TOGETHER at their favorite dive bar which was obviously going to be targeted at some point during the show.

I think this alien bar might have been inspired by Willy’s Place from Buffy. But it worked better in Buffy because the demon phenomenon was more-or-less unknown to the public - and Willy’s Place was a kind of private club (an analogue to gay bar) that regular folk wouldn’t frequent. In Supergirl, however, everyone now knows about aliens; so the bar doesn’t provide much secrecy or security.

At the time, they didn't know about the round up, that was the entire reason why Kara wanted to publish the article....she hadn't blogged her article yet. No news outlet was running with the story, only the DEO knew that aliens were being taken.

Alex pretty much disobeyed every rule and acted unprofressionaly and still ended up with J'onn apologizing to her. :funny: I liked how comitted she was though with setting those charges, whatever happened with her Dad she was all in one way or the other and was going to stop Cadmus.

Kara should have gotten Winn to set up a legend account for her to blog from, her having a secret blogger alias would have been neat. :D

Jeremiah's reasoning for doing what he was doing was a bit flimsy, one of his daughters is the most powerful woman on the planet and the other is a badass special agent, but he still intended to commit atrocities in a misguided attempt to protect them. I wonder where he is, Cyborg blasted him away before the whole thing went up, is he on his own now or do Cadmus still have him. :hmm

Kara really pulled out the power game to stop the arc ship heading into space! :wow: There was a real scale about that whole finale to the ep and the way it played out with Kara and Alex face to face gave me goosebumps! :O

Looks like we are taking a break from the Cadmus storyline for now after their current plan was stopped, and 90's Lois and Hercules are rocking up looking for Mon-El!

At the time, they didn't know about the round up, that was the entire reason why Kara wanted to publish the article....she hadn't blogged her article yet. No news outlet was running with the story, only the DEO knew that aliens were being taken.

DEO agents were in the bar when it happened. That's what makes it doubly dumb.

Also, if there are special alien dive bars, there would likely be special alien websites or Twitter accounts warning of people being snatched from the streets. Also, word of mouth from one to another.

If I have to choose between L-Corp and DEO.....definitely the DEO.

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."

It's interesting that other than that, in every live action version of Superman, Superman was who he was and Clark was just what he did.
In the Adventures of Superman it was pretty obvious he was Superman and was just playing at being Clark Kent. Superman: The Movie.
Superman Returns. Man of Steel. In Superman v Batman, it seemed to me he was hardly Clark Kent at all.

Why didn't Supergirl just call a press conference?

The media would rush to talk to her.

I assume because the idea for future story lines is how Kara deals with being fired. I mean there are multiple other options. She gives the story to Clark or Lois.
The DEO warns the President and the President holds a news special on TV. The NCPD issues a news conference.

I used to watch Hercules and Xena every Saturday afternoon as a teen in the 90s so its cool to see Kevin Sorbo . He was actually up for the part of Clark during the casting of Lois and Clark. I also maybe sorta had a thing for Hatcher back in the day as well:cwink::ilv:..
I watched them both too. But Xena was my favorite. I haven't had a show I liked that much until Supergirl came along. I guess I just like shows with kick-ass women. Catwoman is my favorite comic book character.

Teri was so cute and sexy as Lois Lane.

If I have to choose between L-Corp and DEO.....definitely the DEO.

Wait, is there a choice now?

Loved that scene. Especially in that, with hardly a word spoken, their sisterly bond was heavily reinforced!

And I am a Xena fan from waaay back!!

Loved that scene. Especially in that, with hardly a word spoken, their sisterly bond was heavily reinforced!

It was expertly executed.

It's interesting that other than that, in every live action version of Superman, Superman was who he was and Clark was just what he did.
In the Adventures of Superman it was pretty obvious he was Superman and was just playing at being Clark Kent. Superman: The Movie.
Superman Returns. Man of Steel. In Superman v Batman, it seemed to me he was hardly Clark Kent at all.
Don't forget Smallville - Clark was certainly the real guy there, and that's how a lot of the comics have been as well. Clark being who he really is and Superman being what he can do is my preferred interpretation of the character, which is why I never warmed up to the Donnerverse version. He was raised as a modest farm boy by Jonathan and Martha Kent - Clark Kent is who he should be, imo. That's why Lois eventually fell in love with Clark instead of his alter-ego in the comics. The moment I fell in love with Tyler Hoechlin's version was when he bumped into that lady in the elevator at CatCo, and Kara was complimenting him on the klutz act, only to have him respond, "no that was actually real." And that moment at the DEO when everyone kind of stands back in awe, and he just lands and starts chatting with them like a regular guy, and even had Kara rolling her eyes at his inherent dorkiness - that was perfection to me. Clark is a modest guy who naturally IS kind of a dork. That's the way I like him best, anyway.

Also, you mentioned The Adventures of Superman, and I'd just like to add that the Clark Kent persona was a lot more confident and assertive and contained more of his real personality in that version as well.

Last edited:

I have been and always shall be your friend.

Cool nod to Dean Cain as Superman in the episode by Lillian Luthor when she said "This time you're the only Superman we need". Really looking forward to Kevin Sorbo and Teri Hatcher in the next episode, but man they made me feel old even when I'm technically a "millennial" and grew up watching them on their respective TV series. And Sorbo hasn't aged quite as well as Hatcher. :p

I agree that was a great scene between Alex and Kara, but I also felt that Supergirl trying to push against the spaceship was totally stupid. I was like "geez come on writers, you couldn't have Supergirl think to take out the engines with a punch or heat vision?"

Also, Alex using her space gun against the Cadmus agents felt a little over-the-top. Even though they're bad guys, Alex using a space gun on regular humans just felt wrong.

Last edited:
Also, Alex using her space gun against the Cadmus agents felt a little over-the-top. Even though they're bad guys, Alex using a space gun on regular humans just felt wrong.
Maybe that's what's so magical about the gun - it instantly stuns its victim no matter their size/power level, lol.

I agree that was a great scene between Alex and Kara, but I also felt that Supergirl trying to push against the spaceship was totally stupid. I was like "geez come on writers, you couldn't have Supergirl think to take out the engines with a punch or heat vision?"
A ridiculously easy fix for this would have been a quick little pseudo-science line from Winn (before her comms went out) about how the energy from whatever's powering that ship is highly volatile and one wrong blow to the engines could blow the whole ship or something. But oh well, it gave us a great moment, so I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
This episode was an improvement on the previous one.

We need a bit more consistency with the whole 'aliens amongst us' theme. You never see them in public for example unless the storyline needs them.

Loved that scene between Alex and Supergirl, when SG was trying hard to stop the spacecraft carrying the aliens from leaving. Very intense, plucking those heart strings fervently!

We hardly see enough of Snapper, and now potentially we won't see him again?? It was nice to see Catco, as this season has been so DEO focused.

Maybe Alex should be the Guardian! She was kicking ass (too much at times) left, right and centre!

J'onn should have been up there helping SG stop the space craft from leaving. Does it cost too much to have J'onn as MM? I am a bit upset with how this season has used MM. He stopped SG in season 1 when she went crazy, and now he gets an ass kicking (last week) from Jeremiah with just a freaking cyber arm! And although J'onn was sneaky when he tricked Alex into thinking he was her dad, it was the right action to take, testing her loyalty to her job. He was showing his loyalty to the job. So really, Alex should be apologizing, not him.

At least we saw Jimmy this week, for all of a few minutes in total. Why is he single anyway? Arguably the hunk of the show! Bring back M'Gann, and let him and J'onn fight over her :) Give him something, someone (no, not Kara!)!

Last edited:
Cool nod to Dean Cain as Superman in the episode by Lillian Luthor when she said "This time you're the only Superman we need". Really looking forward to Kevin Sorbo and Teri Hatcher in the next episode, but man they made me feel old even when I'm technically a "millennial" and grew up watching them on their respective TV series. And Sorbo hasn't aged quite as well as Hatcher. :p

Except they didn't want the ship full of innocents to immediately start falling from lower atmosphere to the ground, killing them all. It was more about stabilizing the ship, so Winn could walk them through landing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"