Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 15 "Exodus" - MAJOR SPOILERS

You would think with all of this Cadmus-Luther stuff going on...Supes would have been a little more interested.

Also, if Kara needed the story spread...like others have said...Lois Lane...Clark Kent? Or better yet....Have Supergirl call a tv press conference and explain the situation.

You would think with all of this Cadmus-Luther stuff going on...Supes would have been a little more interested.

Also, if Kara needed the story spread...like others have said...Lois Lane...Clark Kent? Or better yet....Have Supergirl call a tv press conference and explain the situation.

Kara's only 2 choices being Catco or a blog was really, really stupid.

She could have leaked the story to just about anyone else to get it disseminated.

She could have leaked the story to just about anyone else to get it disseminated.

Agreed. She didn't really need to take credit for it herself. That wasn't her aim. She wanted to get it out there to warn the aliens. She could've given it to Lois or Clark. She shouldn't listen to Mon-El. It's not like he knows the ways of this world.

When the music was swelling up with the ship, I thought for a moment they were going to allow Supergirl to fail to stop it and then Alex and the others would just be back by the next episode. I did wonder why they didn't have Supergirl just mess up the engines or something.

I have a feeling Kara will get her job back.

Agreed. She didn't really need to take credit for it herself. That wasn't her aim. She wanted to get it out there to warn the aliens. She could've given it to Lois or Clark. She shouldn't listen to Mon-El. It's not like he knows the ways of this world.

The problem was sources, why would the Daily Planet put out a story without the sources as in plural? If Snapper wouldn't, Perry wouldn't either.

Also, the actual idea of blogging it came from Lena...Mon-el was simply feeding from the fact that Kara thought it was the right thing to do.

I agree that was a great scene between Alex and Kara, but I also felt that Supergirl trying to push against the spaceship was totally stupid. I was like "geez come on writers, you couldn't have Supergirl think to take out the engines with a punch or heat vision?"

Had the same thought, but then what happens if her heat vision ignites the ship's reactors, if it has reactors as we know them..? What would have been better, would have been to ditch the alien ship firing at Supergirl and exchange it with a Time-Out with Winn to get that across. That way it explains why the only way to stop the ship was to literally stop the ship.

Maybe that's what's so magical about the gun - it instantly stuns its victim no matter their size/power level, lol.

I was under the impression that Alex's space gun was powerful enough to kill (she did use it against a White Martian back in The Martian Chronicles), which is why I thought it was totally over-the-top when she was using it against the Cadmus agents. I certainly hope it just "stunned" the agents and didn't kill them. ;)

Except they didn't want the ship full of innocents to immediately start falling from lower atmosphere to the ground, killing them all. It was more about stabilizing the ship, so Winn could walk them through landing it.

Had the same thought, but then what happens if her heat vision ignites the ship's reactors, if it has reactors as we know them..? What would have been better, would have been to ditch the alien ship firing at Supergirl and exchange it with a Time-Out with Winn to get that across. That way it explains why the only way to stop the ship was to literally stop the ship.

Yeah, I think a line by Winn would've helped quite a bit in that scene because Supergirl pushing against the ship just felt dumb when she could've done something more effective like taking out the engines, especially when there wasn't much time left. But it did make for a great scene between her and Alex.

J'onn should have been up there helping SG stop the space craft from leaving. Does it cost too much to have J'onn as MM? I am a bit upset with how this season has used MM. He stopped SG in season 1 when she went crazy, and now he gets an ass kicking (last week) from Jeremiah with just a freaking cyber arm!

J'onn said he couldn't get to the spaceship in time. Kara was closer. Probably the same reason Superman couldn't be there either. So it was all up to Kara. And ultimately what was the problem?
Kara stopped the spaceship all on her own and didn't need anyone to help. It not like The Flash where they need three speedsters to take on one villain. This is Supergirl.

Cyborg Superman outfought J'onn in "Medusa". Cyborg Jeremiah fought Cyborg Superman to a draw until Cyborg Superman lasered Cyborg Jeremiah. So it is reasonable that Cyborg Jeremiah could defeat J'onn.

Yeah, I think a line by Winn would've helped quite a bit in that scene because Supergirl pushing against the ship just felt dumb when she could've done something more effective like taking out the engines, especially when there wasn't much time left. But it did make for a great scene between her and Alex.

Does it really matter how Kara stopped the spaceship? The point is Kara stopped the spaceship all on her own.

Last edited:
Does it really matter how Kara stopped the spaceship? The point is Kara stopped the spaceship all on her own.

And was a hero! I don't think focusing on the alien kidnapping and getting to be a reporter for once (however unsuccessfully) makes her any less of a hero.

Are they going to bring Cadmus and Jeremiah back this season or will they be gone until next?

Or, will Cadmus and Daxamites team up as some elsewhere have speculated (for what, though?)

The problem was sources, why would the Daily Planet put out a story without the sources as in plural? If Snapper wouldn't, Perry wouldn't either.

Also, the actual idea of blogging it came from Lena...Mon-el was simply feeding from the fact that Kara thought it was the right thing to do.

Yeah, because modern 20-somethings need advice from modern 30-somethings on the best way to use the Internet for information. :facepalm:

I think the biggest problem is:

Why on earth did Kara think that posting a news story on an unheard of blog was somehow going to propagate the story through the city? Nobody knows you Kara Danvers. Nobody's going to your fresh blog, to get their news. That's not how the internet works.

I think the biggest problem is:

Why on earth did Kara think that posting a news story on an unheard of blog was somehow going to propagate the story through the city? Nobody knows you Kara Danvers. Nobody's going to your fresh blog, to get their news. That's not how the internet works.

My point exactly.

It was just a dumb, arbitrary plot thread. At least they were less numerous than the last episode.

I would *like* to think this is the start of them putting the stupid "Kara Danvers, Reporter" subplot out to pasture, but don't really hold that much hope for it. Certainly the writers haven't yet shown any hint of noticing how Kara is a terrible reporter on almost every imaginable level.

Which was the main reason for the scene, I'm sure. Plus, not destroying the engines or power systems means they can fly the ship back down to a safe landing rather than having Supergirl carry it back down.

It was just a dumb, arbitrary plot thread. At least they were less numerous than the last episode.

I would *like* to think this is the start of them putting the stupid "Kara Danvers, Reporter" subplot out to pasture, but don't really hold that much hope for it. Certainly the writers haven't yet shown any hint of noticing how Kara is a terrible reporter on almost every imaginable level.

Episode #18 is titled "Ace Reporter" so I don't think they are done with Kara as a reporter just yet.

Why on earth did Kara think that posting a news story on an unheard of blog was somehow going to propagate the story through the city? Nobody knows you Kara Danvers.

She only needed to get the word out to aliens, and she's known for reporting on the city's most famous alien, so I'd guess that she has a following.

Also reporting and quoting Supergirl will get you an automatic read as well....

If one source in the form of Supergirl isn't enough to provide legitimacy, then why couldn't Kara have provided Superman as a secondary source? Or even Martian Manhunter who is known now?

Because it is a Supergirl TV show. If Superman was hanging about helping her deal with the Luthors then it wouldn't be a Supergirl TV show.

Supergirl going public with it may be a more likely option, however, the writer's wanted it to affect Kara instead. So they offered plenty of reasons earlier why she couldn't announce it publicly either as she would have have to face questions about how she had this information. She couldn't just say "no comment" because then that gets spun into her being deceitful.

Kara is a rookie reporter and wouldn't have influence with any legitimate news organisation. And they'd have the same rules as Snapper.

Lesser media outlets might be viewed as just gossip and hype.

She did need to take credit. An anonymous post on the internet is nothing. Past episodes have showed her stories support the alien community. That is enough to guess that aliens may know of her. However, the writers should have add some dialogue earlier to suggest this.

J'onn said he couldn't get to the spaceship in time. Kara was closer. Probably the same reason Superman couldn't be there either. So it was all up to Kara. And ultimately what was the problem?
Kara stopped the spaceship all on her own and didn't need anyone to help. It not like The Flash where they need three speedsters to take on one villain. This is Supergirl.

Ouch. True though. :csad:

And
Cyborg Superman outfought J'onn in "Medusa". Cyborg Jeremiah fought Cyborg Superman to a draw until Cyborg Superman lasered Cyborg Jeremiah. So it is reasonable that Cyborg Jeremiah could defeat J'onn.

I don't why others are resistant to the idea that Supergirl is the main hero in a TV show called Supergirl. Yes, it is great when her cousin comes by but it isn't about him.

And there was no other way to stop the ship. People are suggesting that she should destroy the engines? There was a few hundred innocent people on board. Even if or when she could guide it to the ground, many could be seriously injured or killed. If she failed to slow it down they'd go to lightspeed but at least they'd survive.

The only problem (if you can call it that) with this episode is the fact that neither Kara or Alex are concerned by the fact that Jeremiah is missing again so he is clearly back in Cadmus hands and they are surely a tad irked by his betrayal. As the audience, we know he'll be back but I think they had Alex being a little too optimistic about seeing him again. It would have made more sense for the Danver sisters to be concerned that he is dead and to have ended the episode with Helen Slater arriving at the DEO and Alex preparing her for the idea he is dead this time. That way his next appearance is more of a surprise.

Did no one notice when Lillian Luthor told Jeremiah he was the only Superman they needed? Helloooooooooooo.....

Episode #18 is titled "Ace Reporter" so I don't think they are done with Kara as a reporter just yet.

I can't imagine who the episode title is referring to, since we've yet to see a single ace reporter on the show. With vanishingly few exceptions, we haven't even seen a passably adequate reporter.

I can't imagine who the episode title is referring to, since we've yet to see a single ace reporter on the show. With vanishingly few exceptions, we haven't even seen a passably adequate reporter.

Wasn't Clark Kent referred to as an ace reporter on the TV show Adventures of Superman? They made a few references to that show in the titles,
"Strange Visitor From Another Planet", "Truth, Justice, and the American Way", "The Adventures of Supergirl". Maybe that's where the title came from.

Yeah, because modern 20-somethings need advice from modern 30-somethings on the best way to use the Internet for information. :facepalm:

I have no idea what that even means, or what it has to do with my post....but ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"