Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 12 - "Luthors" MAJOR SPOILERS

I was expecting that too. Their chemistry is smouldering and there seems to be definitely a bit of a lesbian vibe, at least from Lena. And I say this coming from someone who doesn't want the show to go there, because it's already ventured there with Chyler and Maggie. But there does seem to be some soft of sexual tension, at least coming from Lena.

She also reminds me of Keira Knightley quite a lot at times.

That would add an interesting dynamic to their relationship, if Lena was interested in Kara, but Kara didn't return the attention. Bitter/sweet and I actually would not want to see that happen, simply because I wouldn't want Lena to be disappointed in that way.

Only if it was their very last season, with nothing else to lose, would they even consider going that route though. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it if they did that right now!:sly:

Last edited:
Well, they could always have Kara feeling slightly uncomfortable around Lena, because she can never quite tell whether Lena has feelings for her or not, because there could be a slightly flirtatious vibe.

What would be fun is if they got Chyler and Maggie in a room with her to see if they can detect anything, and they immediately say within a few seconds that she definitely has the hots for Kara.

The question I wonder is whether Lena is going to figure out that Kara is Supergirl like Cat did.

I would hope they hold that reveal off for a while. It's always cool to see, but the only person who doesn't know Kara is Supergirl, other than Lena, is Cat, and she's not there anymore!

I would like to see more scenes where Kara has to do a quick change to keep Lena from finding out too soon.

I would hope they hold that reveal off for a while. It's always cool to see, but the only person who doesn't know Kara is Supergirl, other than Lena, is Cat, and she's not there anymore!

I would like to see more scenes where Kara has to do a quick change to keep Lena from finding out too soon.

More Operation Doubtfire?

I do agree it seems Lex went insane, but all those statements suggest to me is that Lillian considers him to be out of the picture now. Lillian must believe he's too far gone mentally to ever achieve anything more. I won't believe he's dead until the show explicitly says so, since it has ALREADY explicitly told us he's currently serving several life sentences and recently tried to have his little sister killed.

That last Lena line was just her being facetious since she knew Lex was unavailable to open the DNA-encrypted vault.

Though I kind of suspect, in retrospect, that it *wasn't* Lex who gave Corben that contract, but was actually Lilian. Corben probably didn't know that, though.

Though I kind of suspect, in retrospect, that it *wasn't* Lex who gave Corben that contract, but was actually Lilian. Corben probably didn't know that, though.
Yes, I agree. But just the fact that everyone thought it was Lex is evidence that he was still clearly alive in prison.

What if Lena tried to kiss Kara? Would that be an interesting route to take where the feelings are unrequited, but Kara might have to run to Chyler and Maggie to know how to deal with this situation?

What if Lena tried to kiss Kara? Would that be an interesting route to take where the feelings are unrequited, but Kara might have to run to Chyler and Maggie to know how to deal with this situation?

I'd imagine Kara would have the same reaction as when Winn kissed her.

What happened then? I forget.
Basically, things got awkward, lol. She told him she didn't want things to change and he avoided her for a couple eps.

I don't think we have to worry about anything like that happening with Lena. Even if she DID have some sort of unrequited feelings for Kara, she'd never let them show. Where Winn was basically a sensitive lovesick puppy, she's all strength, toughness, confidence and all those things the Luthors taught her to be. She's not one to be decimated by a crush.

Now that was a great episode, the best since 'The Last Children of Krypton' infact might be my third favourite episode ever!

Random thoughts:

- Lex and Superman were best friends, Lex went insane. Let's Power suit! Give us a 3 episode prequel now! They've hinted too much at the fall of Lex not to do it!
- I loved the actor who played young Lex I hope we see him again.
- Lionel Luthor! Man that was awesome I loved how he looked like a comic version of Lex Luthor too.
-Synthetic Kryptonite! Just like Superman III. I knew it early on but still Awesome!
- they've finally eased off the romance, it was still there but not a major plot point
- what was in the box that Lena took from Lex's storage facility? I was hoping we'd get a stinger before the episodes end.
- I hope Metalo aka John Corben isn't dead, despite what people have said I've liked him in all three episodes he was in
- I actually liked James this week and I've realised I do like the Guardian. I just don't like the fact he is James Olsen and the arc he has been in (hopefully now that he and Kara have made amends they can do something good with it. After all he's definitely sticking around.
- Lena evil or not? I'm actually ok with them keeping it open
- Anyone else think the chess board might be a reference to Checkmate?

Overall I don't think there was anything I disliked in this episode. I have to give it a 9/10.

Last edited:

Meh, we've already seen that the episode was called "Childish Things" from Season 1.

- what was in the box that Lena took from Lex's storage facility? I was hoping we'd get a stinger before the episodes end.
I almost forgot about that, but yep, that's definitely a set-up that's gonna come back later in the season. Lillian got away with one of Lex's most prized inventions apparently. Given the size of the box, I wonder if it's a new form of Kryptonite. Maybe black or blue?

- Anyone else think the chess board might be a reference to Checkmate?
Yeah, I definitely thought that might be a possibility. Though I don't think Lena's ever had any connections to Checkmate...except with Tess on Smallville. But this show hasn't shied away from taking a cue from that show every now and then, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Which episode was that?
The one we've been discussing where Kara rejected Winn.

I almost forgot about that, but yep, that's definitely a set-up that's gonna come back later in the season. Lillian got away with one of Lex's most prized inventions apparently. Given the size of the box, I wonder if it's a new form of Kryptonite. Maybe black or blue?

Yeah, I definitely thought that might be a possibility. Though I don't think Lena's ever had any connections to Checkmate...except with Tess on Smallville. But this show hasn't shied away from taking a cue from that show every now and then, so I wouldn't rule it out.

The one we've been discussing where Kara rejected Winn.

Oh ok. Was it called that? I don't remember most of the episode titles except for a few.

Oh ok. Was it called that? I don't remember most of the episode titles except for a few.
Yeah, that was the name of it. It's the one where Winn's dad The Toyman broke out of prison.

Which episode was that?

The episodes was "Childish Things". Toyman breaks out of prison and later kidnaps Winn after Winn kisses Kara leaves Kara's apartment in embarrassment.

It could be a Mother Box.

"Mother Boxes can access the energy of the Source for various effects; they can change the gravitational constant of an area, transfer energy from one place to another, sense danger, sense life, create force fields, rearrange molecular structure of matter, absorb or project powerful shock blasts, create electro-webs, control the mental state of a host, communicate telepathically with a host or other life form, manipulate the life-force of a host to sustain it past fatal injuries, open and close boom tubes, take over and control non-sentient machines, evolve non-sentient machines, merge sentient beings into a single more powerful being, sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space, and do many other things. Mother Boxes have an affinity for the Source and are believed to draw their power from it. In that sense, they can be seen as a computer that links man to God."

It could be a Mother Box.

"Mother Boxes can access the energy of the Source for various effects; they can change the gravitational constant of an area, transfer energy from one place to another, sense danger, sense life, create force fields, rearrange molecular structure of matter, absorb or project powerful shock blasts, create electro-webs, control the mental state of a host, communicate telepathically with a host or other life form, manipulate the life-force of a host to sustain it past fatal injuries, open and close boom tubes, take over and control non-sentient machines, evolve non-sentient machines, merge sentient beings into a single more powerful being, sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space, and do many other things. Mother Boxes have an affinity for the Source and are believed to draw their power from it. In that sense, they can be seen as a computer that links man to God."
Could be, but I doubt it since Mother Boxes come from New Genesis and I don't expect this show to go anywhere near the New Gods/Darkseid anytime soon. Especially since they're currently doing that in the DCEU.

Ooh I never considered a Mother Box. I was leaning towards something like a Phantom Zone projector or a part or that. Gosh I'd love to see them do the Phantom Zone on Supergirl. That's one of the things the movie nailed!

Ooh I never considered a Mother Box. I was leaning towards something like a Phantom Zone projector or a part or that. Gosh I'd love to see them do the Phantom Zone on Supergirl. That's one of the things the movie nailed!

They already did the Phantom Zone in the pilot episode and in the episode "Solitude". That's where Kara Zor-El was trapped for 24 years after Krypton exploded and her pod got knocked off course.
Until Indigo was able to free Kara's pod and Fort Rozz and send them to Earth-38. Alex once even joked to Kara that Kara had been trapped in the Friend Zone longer than she was in the Phantom Zone.

They already did the Phantom Zone in the pilot episode and in the episode "Solitude". That's where Kara Zor-El was trapped for 24 years after Krypton exploded and her pod got knocked off course.
Until Indigo was able to free Kara's pod and Fort Rozz and send them to Earth-38. Alex once even joked to Kara that Kara had been trapped in the Friend Zone longer than she was in the Phantom Zone.

I'm talking more than a glimpse though. I mean a full on experience.

A Phantom Zone projector sounds a more likely possibility to me than a Mother Box at this point, just because Mon-El's fate from the comics is tied directly to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"