Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 12 - "Luthors" MAJOR SPOILERS

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
From KryptonSite:

LENA IS ARRESTED – After Metallo (guest star Frederick Schmidt) breaks out of prison and frees Lillian Luthor (guest star Brenda Strong), the police blame Lena (guest star Katie McGrath) for his escape and arrest her. Despite overwhelming evidence, Kara (Melissa Benoist) refuses to believe her friend is guilty and fights to clear Lena’s name. Flashbacks reveal how Lena came to be a Luthor. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Maggie (Floriana Lima) celebrate their first Valentine’s Day together. Tawnia McKiernan directed the episode written by Robert Rovner and Cindy Lichtman. (212). Original airdate 2/13/17.
http://www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-2-12-description-luthors/

This should be a good one as I hope Kara can take care of this Luthor and Metallo problem on her own.

I mean, I'm guessing Lena will help in some way considering it's her freedom on the line afterall, lol. But I get what you mean. It would be nice to see Supergirl actually defeating villains on her own every now and then.

Extended promo:

Glad to see Lena and this storyline resumed (is that Lex's battlesuit?!). I shall refrain from comment on the other content of this promo. :oldrazz:

Just saw the extended promo and I'm annoyed as hell about the Guardian returning, especially when he's taking on a top Superman villain like Metallo.

Hope Lena Luthor wears the exo-suit as a nod from the current Superwoman comics.

I hope Supergirl takes on Metallo on her own this time and I don't think she needed James' help as Guardian.

Last edited:
I just hope Kara is proven right - that she IS a good judge of character and Lena is good, and I also hope she doesn't have to be rescued by freakin' Guardian. Not getting my hopes up on that last bit. But seeing how lonely Kara is becoming this season, I think it would be great to see her finally have a loyal friend that doesn't want to hook-up with her for once. Lena can fill that role.

I will bet you that the stuff where Lillian shows Lena all the equipment, including the exo-suit is likely the flashback stuff.

I think Kara will have a friend in Lena since Alex is spending time with Maggie while Winn is doing the Guardian stuff with Jimmy, who came across as petty here.

I was looking forward to this episode until I saw the Guardian stuff. Him taking on Metallo? Let Alex deal with him with her Exo-Suit and alien gun.

I will bet you that the stuff where Lillian shows Lena all the equipment, including the exo-suit is likely the flashback stuff.
Oh good call, I hadn't even thought of that. But yeah, even her hair looks quite different there, so you're probably right.

If Guardian can withstand Metallos blast that is BS......and are the writers really trying to make James whiney and unlikeable?

Last edited:
If Guardian can withstand Metallos blast that is BS...

Not necessarily. Ultimately, it comes down to the arbitrary nature of the “superhero science.” :cwink: If Metallo’s blast is primarily a kryptonite weapon, then its secondary effect as a generic destructive beam might be limited - and within the stopping power of Guardian’s shield.

Meh, hopefully it will be a kick in the ass for Guardian and we can be done with that.... ;)

Oh good call, I hadn't even thought of that. But yeah, even her hair looks quite different there, so you're probably right.

To be honest flickchick, that never crossed my mind, either. Although that Luthor exo-suit was comic quality.

If Guardian can withstand Metallos blast that is BS......and are the writers really trying to make James whiney and unlikeable?

If they are, they're doing a great job with it.

I hope this is the episode where James faces the consequences of his actions. I wonder if something happens to him in this episode that he may not appear in the next episode with Mxyzptlk.

Something tells me that this episode may address him wanting Supergirl's approval.

It would be cool if they added a reflective energy aura function to the shied, it would make reflecting electricity with a seemingly metal shield make more sense. Plus it would be useful for these energy beam situations.

A few sneak peeks...

Young Lex looks a tad similar to David Mazouz's Bruce Wayne on Gotham.

Also...I don't know why, but I thought Jimmy and Winn would have known about Alex already.

I really wish they had made Metallo have more charisma and charm to him.

They seemed to be writing around Kara in this episode.

Right? My first thought was about how I forgot he was even still on this show.

This episode literally has left zero impression on me. I already forgot what happened in the first half.

Well...we had a courtroom scene that went as badly as the one in Batman Forever.

So there was that.

so is Lex dead? or just insane and locked up somewhere?

Next week looks fun but do they really need to make Mr.M a hottie?

Mr. Mxyzptlk. Well, that was...random. I think they had a hat of villains from Superman's rogues' gallery and Mxyzptlk got picked for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"