Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 12 - "Luthors" MAJOR SPOILERS

I'm talking more than a glimpse though. I mean a full on experience.

I could definitely see that happening paying homage to the 1984 Supergirl movie.

They already did the Phantom Zone in the pilot episode and in the episode "Solitude". That's where Kara Zor-El was trapped for 24 years after Krypton exploded and her pod got knocked off course.
Until Indigo was able to free Kara's pod and Fort Rozz and send them to Earth-38. Alex once even joked to Kara that Kara had been trapped in the Friend Zone longer than she was in the Phantom Zone.

That's where Chyler got trapped for a while with Maggie. Now they're both busy exploring the Erogenous Zone. :o

I could definitely see that happening paying homage to the 1984 Supergirl movie.

:up:

Yeah definitely, this show has really treated the fans to some great call backs throughout the two seasons so it wouldn't surprise me one bit for them to give us a nod to that too.

A Phantom Projector would be better than another go at kryptonite. I hope they stay out on a limb and keep away from 'safe' story lines. We don't want 'safe,' we want exciting!
Although, if they are doing the Mon-El/Phantom arc, then I hope it doesn't end with him off the show and 'limbo-ed.' There's been a long work up to where they are now to just dump him.

So given what happened does everyone think that's the end of Metalo? Usually when DCCW kills off a villain they're usually been lined up for a DCEU appearance.

Can I just add aswell while I'm on the subject of John Corben/Metallo, I don't get the complaints by some people of his Supergirl depiction I think his three appearances have been really strong. Probably my favourite live action depiction of the character.

Last edited:
This is the only time I've ever seen him, my opinion was he was pretty meh.....however, right before he exploded was pretty cool. :)

This is the only time I've ever seen him, my opinion was he was pretty meh.....however, right before he exploded was pretty cool. :)

:funny:

I liked him, thought he played the part well.

I guess we have 1 more Metallo to go....

Well, the last one might as well have been silent, he was about as wooden as a piece of plywood. :sly:

metallo.png

In all seriousness though with the two Metallo's, I think they missed a best by not having both Roger Corben and John Corben been Metallo's.

So given what happened does everyone think that's the end of Metalo? Usually when DCCW kills off a villain they're usually been lined up for a DCEU appearance.

Can I just add aswell while I'm on the subject of John Corben/Metallo, I don't get the complaints by some people of his Supergirl depiction I think his three appearances have been really strong. Probably my favourite live action depiction of the character.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him returning, characters come back from the dead all the time, especially when there's no body.

It doesn't even have to be the one that got blown up. Maybe Cadmus can clone another one.

There is already another one, there were two.

I think he was fine, but then, I've never been a huge fan of Metallo (or any Kryptonite-based threats), tbh, so my standards for him aren't really high.

Just caught up with this episode and have to agree about the complaints about this Metallo, I thought he was poor. The wasn't the best and also what they did with him was quite underwhelming.

I enjoyed this episode overall though.

There is already another one, there were two.

They will probably want Frederick Schmidt to play him again if they decide to bring Metallo back.

Just caught up with this episode and have to agree about the complaints about this Metallo, I thought he was poor. The wasn't the best and also what they did with him was quite underwhelming.

I enjoyed this episode overall though.

Who do you feel had the best live action depiction of Metallo?
Lois & Clark
Smallville
Supergirl

I'm late to the party, but I enjoyed this episode.

Lena Luthor is a compelling character, even though she's been given minimal screen time. And it was good to see CADMUS, in the form of Lillian Luthor, Metallo and Cyborg Superman (LOL) return.

The main premise wasn't handled particularly well, but I guess it was good to see Kara at odds with Team Supergirl.

Some of my more random thoughts - does everyone at the DEO now just openly know that Supergirl is Kara Danvers? I may be incorrect, but didn't Kara used to only appear at the DEO as Supergirl? She's now wandering around as Kara and everyone openly calls her "Kara" when she's dressed as or performing heroics as Supergirl.

Does anyone at the DEO consider this odd at all? Or consider whether Supergirl should be trying to balance super heroics with a fledging career as a journalist?

Guardian was annoying, although that final scene between Jimmy and Kara hopefully bodes well for the future. I wish the show would address exactly what is happening with Guardian. Winn was apparently still secretly feeding him information about Metallo's attack on the prison and presumably the Guardian used DEO connections to gain access to the prison to battle Metallo. (unless the Guardian broke into the prison). And, when injured, Jimmy took full advantage of DEO resources for medical treatment.

So, is Guardian just a DEO agent now? He does use DEO resources (super suit, weapons and intelligence (i.e. Winn)) and he seems to have full access to the DEO headquarters.

If they've decided to absorb him into the DEO, couldn't we get some kind of official confirmation / explanation? It does make a certain amount of sense and it would help to streamline the storyline and move about from his egotistical attempts to prove himself equal to Superman and Suprgirl, but it's odd that they won't just address the issue head on.

I'm not a huge fan of Kara and Mon-El's burgeoning romance, but I'll see where it goes. The character of Mon-El really hasn't had enough development to make me interested. Holding back his "secret past" for so long seems to have been a detriment to his character development. Having Mon-El so easily adapt to life on Earth after learning about the destruction of his entire planet was also an odd choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"