Superman: Braniac Attacks Trailer

Spider-Girl said:
That trailer was really cheesy & made me feel like I was five-years-old again being talked down to by an adult,lol.
But the movie will probably be alright.

I have never admitted this before but I don't actually like Superman all that much. I just seem to watch his movies & series more than any other superhero because it is everywhere. I know that all the basics for a superhero are taken from him but he seems dated, too stereotypical & the fact that he is so good & saves every one even the bad guys pisses me off some times. That is why I preffer Batman because he is not the perfect hero, he has flaws & it is just stupid when they try to make a perfect being such as Superman the same.
What... Batman doesnt have any flaws.... what are you TALKING ABOUT??!!

To quote batman himself "I am a rich kid with issues...Lots of issues"
I didn't mean when he fights or investigates crimes he is flawed, he is perfect in that way.

i DON'T HOLD OUT MUCH HOPE FOR THIS TO BE ANYGOOD.

I'm a cartoon ****e so I'll probably buy this when it first comes out (cheaper too), but yeah, the Brainiac voice is a bit off.

The recasting of Luthor and Brainiac, characters who have been voiced faithfully for over 12 years by distinct actors, was a bit jarring to the ears. The return of Tim Daly as Superman is notable, although George Newburn has at this point voiced the character in just as many episodes, if not more of them, so I really wasn't missing Daly much (although he was/is a great VA for Superman). The plot doesn't look like it will easily fit into the "Timmverse" continuity much unless you assume it takes place before JUSTICE LEAGUE started. Of course, Brainiac mentions his allience with Luthor from "Ghost in the Machine", an episode from 1998, and not another, so perhaps this "Brainiac" is just one of many robotic agents that he apparently had stockpiled deep in space (as revealed in "Twilight").

But, I just think this is probably supposed to be a continuity-free actioner, to have some form of new Superman animation coming out in time for the movie in June.

Brainiac's voice should not sound like a stoned Professional Wrestler.

Man, I wish I'd never found this thread, i'm really torn on the voice talent changing, too married to Clancy Brown as Luthor (not literally)

I think the movie will fit into DCUA continuity, but Braniac's voice definatley made me laugh...and that's not a good think

WTF? DC was usually good at gettin' th' same voice actors!

I'm not sure what the story is about the voice actors. The problem is that the Timmverse shows have usually been excellent at finding THE perfect actor for the particular role. Even the roles of supporting characters or villians; heck, they had to do that for Superman TWICE (and at this point, I like Newburn just as much as I liked Daly on the S:TAS series; Newburn's voiced Superman for more episodes overall). Clancy Brown especially proved that he IS Lex Luthor in this last JLU season, which focused heavilly on Luthor. From being cerebral to being angry to being obsessed and even enraged, Luthor had a wide range of emotions this season and Clancy did it all. Burton's also the only Brainiac for me. I'm not sure why they weren't available; maybe they were too busy on JLU and other shows, and it seems obvious that BRAINIAC ATTACKS was quickly decided upon, funded, with a strict deadline. DC wanted this animated movie out around when SUPERMAN RETURNS hit the big screens, and if that meant skimping on some of the villians, I guess that was a worthy sacrifice (especially after getting Tim Daly to return to the role; after all, he skipped on JUSTICE LEAGUE). The voicework is done before any animation is done, so with the deadline strict, they maybe didn't have enough time to wait maybe a few extra days/weeks for Burton or Brown. Both are busy VA's, especially Burton.

Given how JLU has ended, I doubt this story will fit very well into the "Timmverse" much, unless you count it as after S:TAS's finale with "Legacy", but before JUSTICE LEAGUE. Say what you will about MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN, but at least Timm had more of a hand in that, and it fit into JL's continuity perfectly.

I liked Batwoman. Dunno what everyone's problem is with it.

I still have to pick that dtv of it up yet.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
I liked Batwoman. Dunno what everyone's problem is with it.
I think the prevailing opinion is that Timm & Co. had a shot to explore Nightwing, as mentioned in interviews, and didn't. To some it felt like "filler" because of that. Frankly, I liked BATWOMAN more than SUBZERO because it had more action (although SUBZERO was Mr. Freeze's final hurrah; by TNGA, he'd become more super-villiany), and enjoyed the rematch with Bane. Alfred at one point mentions a "pleasure cruise", and that's pretty much it. Plus, the episode clearly ties into "Maid of Honor" in Season Two JL, where Batman is investigating Casnia (In BATWOMAN, Penguin and Rupert Thorne are shipping illegal weapons to Casnia, thus sparking Batman's interest). It wasn't the best thing ever, but for someone who really misses B:TAS, it was fun to watch.

The short "Chase Me" 'toon with Catwoman was also nice.

Batwoman was before Justice League right?
I haven't seen the movie in many years.

that was ridiculous. it was if the actor voicing Brianiac had no understanding of the character.

Warhammer said:
Batwoman was before Justice League right?
I haven't seen the movie in many years.
MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN came out during JUSTICE LEAGUE's second season, although it'd been completed and on the shelf at WB for a few months before it was released. Continuity-wise, the story easily seems to act as a sort of prelude to "Maid of Honor" in JL, Season Two (although it was released I believe after that episode aired on CN).

Dread said:
MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN came out during JUSTICE LEAGUE's second season, although it'd been completed and on the shelf at WB for a few months before it was released. Continuity-wise, the story easily seems to act as a sort of prelude to "Maid of Honor" in JL, Season Two (although it was released I believe after that episode aired on CN).

Well, Batman was only a part-timer, so I guess that couldve fit nicely in continuity of Jl.

"Once again, I AM REBORN!!"
LOL! Oh my, that was hilarious. I'm not buying it (it looks terrible), but I'm almost tempted to play that clip during my Windows Startup just for a good laugh.

what the hell is up with brainiac's voice? That was awful.

Well, I wish I could hear the voice of Brainic.

Anywho, the movie looks very interesting. I'm hoping it'll be a good movie. Can't wait to get it next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"