Superman: Man of Steel

Showtime

Your Friend In Time
Reaction score
Does creating non-spoiler and spoiler sections and adding the Man of Steel title mean this movie is about to be announced?

:huh:

I want to say when the board was just 'Untitled Superman Returns Sequel' or whatever, there wasn't a Spoiler and Non-Spoiler forum breakdown. It's weird that I can't fully remember how it was seeing as now this name change is only about an hour old, but I think they just created a Non-Spoiler board.

Hmmm. Maybe you're right. I thought there was always two seperate forums, but why would there be?

You're right man. This is a new section.

It's all confusing.

However, by starting this thread, you did manage to get rid of that pesky 'NEVER' that was showing up before. :woot:

That was the goal, it was pissing me off.

If I could only get rid of Tom Brady and the Patriots with such ease. :cmad: :oldrazz:

Seriously though, some news would be nice. Is the sequel officially a go? :confused:

The funniest thing is the word "anticipated" in the titles of the two forum topics.

Who in the world besides the people who liked it on the board are anticipating a sequel to Superman Returns? The reason there is no movement on a sequel is because the general public doesn't care.

This is not a debate on whether the film was generally liked. I suppose it was. But the fact is, most people don't care. I seriously doubt a sequel will ever happen. So why break up the catagories with spoilers? You can't have spoilers if a script hasn't even been written. The studio head has been quoted that he is lukewarm about a sequel and it may or may not happen. He said he has to see a script with a smaller budget and story he likes. Even then it's no guarantee.

A forum split between spoilers and non-spoilers seems premature.

Don't lie Showtime, you just wanted to make the very first thread in here.

Also why are all the other posts in the other section considered spoilers when they're mainly speculation aren't they? I'll admit I haven't read most of them.

Angeloz

maybe mate
i think WB might be making a offical statement soon or its safe to say they have read the script ?

NO. In the other forum Mirko (SHH for you n00bs) said this was just scheduled maintenance to the boards.

Although if you believe the IESB article from yesterday than their will be a MOS film.

maybe mate
i think WB might be making a offical statement soon or its safe to say they have read the script ?

The script for SR2 isn't even finished yet. I doubt that they have completed a first draft yet. As of August 5th, Dougherty said they were still writing. There could be another year of re-writes and fine tuning. It even said in that story that he was skeptical about the 2009 release date. Nothing is even close to confirmed yet.

Alan Horn won't decide anything until he reads a sript and sees the proposed budget. Nothing will get done until Singer completes his Tom Cruise film. I say nothing can be official for at least another 6 months. That would give then time to complete the script and make plans. It takes a long time to write a movie. Horn might even want it to pass through another writer to fine tune it. That is pretty common.

I think that Man of Steel will get made thanks to the rumors of IESB saying that Warner Bros wants Batman 3, Man of Steel, and Justice League of America.

But I think it'll get made in 2010 due to Singer's commitments, Warner Bros.' funding Justice League of America, and whatnot.

A "conceptual" draft and storyboard artwork going over a few keys scenes would certainly consider the film moving forward right?

:) Just saying :)

I think a 25 page treatment and an agreement over pays and residuals could make the movie being greenlit.

A "conceptual" draft and storyboard artwork going over a few keys scenes would certainly consider the film moving forward right?

:) Just saying :)
what do you know J.c.?? hmmm?? spill it.:oldrazz:

:cmad: :up:

In other thread related news, pertaining to the forum name change...

Tough team for the Patriots every year. Their defense is rock solid, but they can't get that offense right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"