Superman Merchandise Thread

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
It’s early days, sure, but it’s only a matter of time.

We’ve already seen Gunn’s slate get some trades put back into print, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a few compilations focused directly on some of the characters we’re seeing in the movie (Metamorpho and Mr. Terrific have next to no books on the shelves). Plus, I’m sure Gunn will be taking some cues/inspiration from a few rarely-collected single issue Superman stories, so I’d throw one together there too.

And I’ll probably only be buying what McFarlane puts out, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Spin Master step up their game by the time the DCU kicks off. Let’s actually try to get the kids to give a **** this time around.

I remember back (and it probably still happens now) on bluethumb.com how some users Photoshop work ended up getting used as "official material" in cinemas and such.

I hope the movie is good enough that it warrants wanting to own the merch. I was hoping I would really like MOS so that I could buy a nice figurine from it but that was not the case.

I’ve got my superman shirt ready to go. I’ll be there day one!

Hope we get some cool action figures, would love to have a Cinematic Superman on display with a Cinematic Supergirl, I usually look more at imports but if McFarlane delivers I'd take those too

Bring back fast food marketing, Gunn. I want some collectible glassware!

People really don't seem to get that he's co-CEO of a studio. Not just the creative head. He's involved in everything.

I don't have a lot of Superman stuff. I do own one blue T-shirt with the classic logo on it, and the DC Shop's "Superman '78" ballcap that came out a year or two ago. And then several years ago, I bought a metal replica of the Krypton Key from "Smallville" online...but that's pretty much it.

At one point I did have a reprinted poster for the 1978 film, but I don't remember if I got rid of it or not.

I'm absolutely terrified of how the action figures line will look while DC is being held hostage by Todd McFarlane.

His figures for the live action stuff largely come out pretty good IMO. It’s just a lot of his random comic-based figures (and especially for Superman, for some reason) that come out looking bizarre.

He needs to get up with a watch maker an have a lex inspired wrist watch ( or pocket watch ) made.
As for superman/Clark, I'd have some shades created inspired by Clark's eye glasses.

Have a deal with one of the fast food places and sell actual "glass" glasses, collectable ones.

And flood the theaters with merch, and plenty of it
( the theaters always seem to sell the merch out early for the really big films. )

And say what you want about the last superman film, that ad campaign for Zod was on point.
We need something as good for this film, something that involves the fans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"