Superman Returns Superman Returns PROMOTING unprotected sex???

he had unprotected sex with her in Superman 2 as he fully expected to be a mortal for the rest of his life living with Lois as her hubby. It was only events of Zod, Non, and Ursa that had him going back to being Superman.

buggs0268 said:
It was only events of Zod, Non, and Ursa that had him going back to being Superman.

Actually, I believe it the bully who beat him up at a Diner that make him decide to be super again. You know you're not so super when you lose your powers & get beat up by an average joe at a Diner in front of your woman. :D :D

TheBlueWolf said:
The problem is...young kids and teens, and most young youths in general...tend to lack the maturity to think clearly, and see the bigger picture.

Actually, this is just the stupid ones, and I say let them go to it to improve the gene pool. :)

But really, this would be more like a warning of what NOT TO DO. Kinda obvious.

TheBlueWolf said:
If for some crazy reason, the KID turns out to be Superman’s…what does this promote??? That it is okay for teens to have unprotected sex, knock up their girl, and then LEAVE for x number of years…is that the message that would be conveyed???

Or maybe…it’s okay for girls to have unprotected sex and get knocked up, because LOIS did it! 

I think the whole KID thing is a terrible idea, and could cause some rather DIRE moral and ethical consequences, that may SHATTER the very fabric of CHILD and TEENAGE INNOCENCE!!!

Why, there would be teens and kids everywhere emulating SUPERMAN and having unprotected sex, to be just like their HERO!

Yes, I know...it is JUST a movie...BUT, books influence, music influences, MOVIES INFLUENCE! :-)

this is by far the dumbest thing i've ever read.

congrats.

TheBlueWolf said:
If for some crazy reason, the KID turns out to be Superman’s…what does this promote??? That it is okay for teens to have unprotected sex, knock up their girl, and then LEAVE for x number of years…is that the message that would be conveyed???

Or maybe…it’s okay for girls to have unprotected sex and get knocked up, because LOIS did it! 

I think the whole KID thing is a terrible idea, and could cause some rather DIRE moral and ethical consequences, that may SHATTER the very fabric of CHILD and TEENAGE INNOCENCE!!!

Why, there would be teens and kids everywhere emulating SUPERMAN and having unprotected sex, to be just like their HERO!

Yes, I know...it is JUST a movie...BUT, books influence, music influences, MOVIES INFLUENCE! :-)

I think kids and teens know that they are not going to fly in reality, or become bullet proof, or get babies through sex :o

this thread survives yet mine is deleted. someone tell me what the hell's going on

Wesyeed said:
this thread survives yet mine is deleted. someone tell me what the hell's going on

Conspiracy I tells ya. Conspiracy. Rise against your rulers!

I'll probably get yelled at for trying to create some kind of mob. :O

Oh noes.

The kid is indeed a stupid idea, but not for any of the reasons mentioned in the original post of this thread.

Hey guys Zod is comming to Smallville's season finale. Just letting you guys know :up:

More people should promote unprotected sex. It feels better I say!

:)..........................................you had sex

Maybe Superman should just be celebate? Not have sex at all?

Yeah.............maybe he should try that.....hmmmm....although, I think it might do more harm than good, he'll be tense as hell.

By the way.......what kind of condom can stop Super-sperm???

TheBlueWolf said:

only if your Superman so it works since no one is superman.

Really? You seem to know alot about that amigo. Hey wait a minute is that you superman???

Keep it clean guys.

I understand people may want to mock the thread and dismiss his point, but I think the original poster has a valid point. Superman is an american cultural idol and the way an icon like this behaves will be interpreted as "cultural acceptance" or new cultural trend. Sure, Superman in SII having sex with Lois represented the new 'sexual' revolution and more casual acceptance of sexual relationships outside of marriage. Sure, that's not a big thing in our day and age, so its no big deal.

However, no matter how Superman Returns plays out, its going to be a real immoral mess...

either (i) the child is not his, and Superman is a homewrecker, regardless of whether White dies or turns evil.

or (ii) the child is Superman's, whereas Superman was irresponsible in SII and wasn't around for 5 years while Lois was bearing a child.

Will the mainstream audience accept either of those visions? Maybe, but don't think a strong portion of this country, in particular the red states, will make an issue of one of America's biggest heros being either a homewrecker or deadbeat dad...and essentially an anti-family role model. The thing about it is I don't really see why Superman really needs of any of these labels and how it improves the character. Sure, I can see Superman and Lois have a relationship before marriage....but having an out-of-wedlock kid or homewrecker is not something the general audience is just gonna swallow for a cultural idol.

But we'll see......

Yeah sure C.Lee your're the boss and we must obey.

SentinelMind said:
I understand people may want to mock the thread and dismiss his point, but I think the original poster has a valid point. Superman is an american cultural idol and the way an icon like this behaves will be interpreted as "cultural acceptance" or new cultural trend. Sure, Superman in SII having sex with Lois represented the new 'sexual' revolution and more casual acceptance of sexual relationships outside of marriage. Sure, that's not a big thing in our day and age, so its no big deal.

However, no matter how Superman Returns plays out, its going to be a real immoral mess...

either (i) the child is not his, and Superman is a homewrecker, regardless of whether White dies or turns evil.

or (ii) the child is Superman's, whereas Superman was irresponsible in SII and wasn't around for 5 years while Lois was bearing a child.

Will the mainstream audience accept either of those visions? Maybe, but don't think a strong portion of this country, in particular the red states, will make an issue of one of America's biggest heros being either a homewrecker or deadbeat dad...and essentially an anti-family role model. The thing about it is I don't really see why Superman really needs of any of these labels and how it improves the character. Sure, I can see Superman and Lois have a relationship before marriage....but having an out-of-wedlock kid or homewrecker is not something the general audience is just gonna swallow for a cultural idol.

But we'll see......
good. let's test the family structure today.

TheBlueWolf said:

this has got to be one of the stupidest posts i have ever read :down

but it's true. Superman's little diddle with his gal is going to influence millions to do the same... and maybe that's a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"