WB/DC: It's All Part Of The Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
totally in the end if will probably be someone else who no dam clue right now. Though yea it would be fun if something is going now. But we know things are not to go anywhere since nothing has seemed to changed since we last had any news.

The new Superman: Earth One graphic novel looks interesting. It really looks like they are trying to bring Superman into the 21st century. If this becomes really successful, maybe it could create a great mold to inspire a new film.

if it isnt they will probably just go and work on another thing lol. I still say the best thing to do is take all the elements that has worked the best or is the more well known/loved elements. Mix them together, and throw in the character traits we want for characters and then bam. But who knows what is going to happen.

The new Superman: Earth One graphic novel looks interesting. It really looks like they are trying to bring Superman into the 21st century. If this becomes really successful, maybe it could create a great mold to inspire a new film.

Funny. I was thinking the same thing.

Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns" didn't help matters, especially when you compare it against Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight". Singer brought a knife to a gun fight and forgot to sharpen it. Did I mention there is also a lawsuit creating a kryptonite laced cloud over the Superman franchise which has further delayed the Man of Steel's return to the big screen. In past years, my sources at WB/DC told me that deliberation was going on regarding a way to get around some of the roadblocks the lawsuit has created,starting with changes to the origin in the comics and then possibly expanding to film. One of the ideas involved a retelling of the origin in the comics and then later translating this to the big screen. According to DC Universe the retooled origin is on its way via the comics, could a film version be next?

Could Superman Comics Change Future Film?

So what do the Siegels want? Why doesnt DC make them an offer to buy back the legal rights? Or make a deal giving them a share of the profits that Superman makes.

possible who really knows what is going to happen with superman. I still hope in the end all the legal stuff is settled and wb/dc could continue to still use all the known elements we fans like and want to still see around.

I can see those bastards at WB doing that and getting away with it. In away, the Supes today is kinda different than when he was originally created. The original Supes couldn't fly and was only bulletspeed. Don't know how the S on the chest would work though.

I can see those bastards at WB doing that and getting away with it. In away, the Supes today is kinda different than when he was originally created. The original Supes couldn't fly and was only bulletspeed. Don't know how the S on the chest would work though.
Warner Bros./DC Entertainment own the current version of the "S" Shield.

Superman is a much different character now than he was in Action Comics no. 1, but the Siegel's own enough of the story and elements that are rooted in that issue, that it makes things difficult for WB. I can see this GN being the basis of a new movie, but unless this is a radically different origin, there will still be things that the heirs will get a cut on. It may be very limited though, making life easier for WB/DC.

Warner Bros./DC Entertainment own the current version of the "S" Shield.

Superman is a much different character now than he was in Action Comics no. 1, but the Siegel's own enough of the story and elements that are rooted in that issue, that it makes things difficult for WB. I can see this GN being the basis of a new movie, but unless this is a radically different origin, there will still be things that the heirs will get a cut on. It may be very limited though, making life easier for WB/DC.

Its possible that while Superman may still have been sent from Krypton, the Graphic novel may not mention the planet nor his parents by name. Superman also may know very little of his origins in the new Graphic novel, other than he is of alien origin.

Its possible that while Superman may still have been sent from Krypton, the Graphic novel may not mention the planet nor his parents by name. Superman also may know very little of his origins in the new Graphic novel, other than he is of alien origin.
I would think this is the path they would follow, or something quite similar.

There's no way there won't be a settlement between the parties. The Siegels/Shusters can't literally everything from the last 70 years and sell it to the highest bidder like some idiots claim.

WB owns a lot of elements from Superman that originated after Action Comics #1.

I would think this is the path they would follow, or something quite similar.

In a way that premise is kind of cool. For Superman's origin to be a mystery for him and during the course of the graphic novel he gets clues the point to the civilization he came from. Some clues on the money and maybe others a dead end. For example, what if he suspected he was an Andromedan or Thanagarian or some other known alien world of the DC Universe. Or maybe even before that, he wonder if his powers are supernatural based. Say when he first hears about Capt. Marvel or Wonder Woman, he trys to find out as much as possible about them to see if he is somehow connected to them.

So while he lives his live as Clark and performs his mission as Superman, he is always trying to search for clues to his past wherever he is able.

There's no way there won't be a settlement between the parties. The Siegels/Shusters can't literally everything from the last 70 years and sell it to the highest bidder like some idiots claim.

WB owns a lot of elements from Superman that originated after Action Comics #1.
The families need WB alot more than WB needs the families. I agree, they'll settle.

Now to the poster with the crazy talk of Donner being mentioned to direct....No offense to Donner, but if you think SR underperformed, then wait and see what would happen if Donner directed the new one.
Yes, we would know it wouldn't ( or would it??) be connected to the previous films, but the average joe wouldn't..Donner would be like kryptonite to the B.O.
I'm not saying you didnt hear or read that, but if you did, then the powers that be have learned NOTHING...

Last edited:
Now to the poster with the crazy talk of Donner being mentioned to direct....No offense to Donner, but if you think SR underperformed, then wait and see what would happen if Donner directed the new one.
Yes, we would know it wouldn't ( or would it??) be connected to the previous films, but the average joe wouldn't..Donner would be like kryptonite to the B.O.
I'm not saying you didnt hear or read that, but if you did, then the powers that be have learned NOTHING...

Dude over at Routh forum who makes **** up too. Meh.

The families need WB alot more than WB needs the families. I agree, they'll settle.

I doubt the average member of the GA would grasp the significance of Donner returning. The issue is just as Showtime said: WB won't bring back the guy whose vision they're trying to get away from.

yea i agree i do really hope things settled out with the families and wb/dc. I just hope they can make a deal that is reasonable for both parties and all that. Personally i rather have the option of using all the known elements we fans like. Then trying to make a new and radically different one that would more likely piss off the fans more then what they would hope for.

I'm excited about the book. I love JMS work and would love if he were involved in the next Superman script, but the graphic novel will do just fine.

I don't know, bud. Straczynski wrote Changeling which was pretty horrible.

Never seen it, but I'll take you word for it that it's terrible. Even so, JMS wouldn't have to write the script, just contribute to some character or story points.

Like GreenKToo said "The families need WB alot more than WB needs the families. I agree, they'll settle." I think thats the most important thing people should be looking at. Whether this does well or not there is certainely not a shortage of origins to pull from now and this could very well be another testing of the waters so to speak, especially if it allows Dc and Wb to use the character without paying out the family.

So what would a non-S&S Superman origin eliminate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"