WB/DC: It's All Part Of The Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would a non-S&S Superman origin eliminate?

This means the Siegels now control depictions of Superman’s origins from the planet Krypton, his parents Jor-L and Lora, Superman as the infant Kal-L, the launching of the infant Superman into space by his parents as Krypton explodes and his landing on Earth in a fiery crash.

After a court order reverted rights to the Siegels in 2008, they owned the basis of the Superman character, including his costume, his alter-ego as reporter Clark Kent, the feisty reporter Lois Lane, their jobs at the Daily Planet newspaper working for a gruff editor, and the love triangle among Clark/Superman and Lois.

But that didn’t give them the full Superman copyright because DC owns other important elements like Superman’s ability to fly, the term kryptonite, the Lex Luthor, Jimmy Olsen and Perry White characters, Superman’s vision powers and expanded origins

But that didn’t give them the full Superman copyright because DC owns other important elements like Superman’s ability to fly, the term kryptonite, the Lex Luthor, Jimmy Olsen and Perry White characters, Superman’s vision powers and expanded origins

Correct. As well as the classic \S/ symbol, phrases like "Truth, Justice & the American Way" and the complete International rights to the character.

This should be an interesting new version of Superman, then...if indeed it avoids those liabilities.

How the hell is Superman going to work without all these elements? They dont own the suit, Clark, Superman, Lois.... What the hell?
Just pay those *******s and get it over with.

yea all the who owna what stuff from the legal stuff is so nutty to keep up with. I hope in th end it will not be the case were wb/dc would have to not use certain things.

yea saw that on slash film a little while ago. It would be interesting if this is what they are trying to do. In the case they dont make a deal with the families and all that. So they have a superman that doesnt interfer with the legal stuff and all that. But i said this before this whole copyright case is just one huge mess of things. I hope things do get settled and everyone gets what they want.

I don't doubt for a sec that a settlement will be reached, but we all know how attorneys love to drag stuff out to get the biggest bang possible for their buck. greed rules all.
A settlement will be reached but I still think its 5+ years away. If i'm wrong i'm wrong.

So....what if they restart Superman in the comics as a whole new version that doesn't conflict with any aspects owned by the heirs, and it does really well....but then they settle the court case? Do they re-REstart again?

So....what if they restart Superman in the comics as a whole new version that doesn't conflict with any aspects owned by the heirs, and it does really well....but then they settle the court case? Do they re-REstart again?

By no means would they restart. Once they settle out of court then those elements in question could continued to be used in the comics and animated features and some if not all of those elements could eventually find their way into the new feature movie version of Superman.

By no means would they restart. Once they settle out of court then those elements in question could continued to be used in the comics and animated features and some if not all of those elements could eventually find their way into the new feature movie version of Superman.

What about the 'non-lawsuit' version....would that just stop?

Is it set up as an alternate 'canon' or what have you, with the option of taking the lead if need be?

So what can the next Superman film not have?

yea personally i said before i want the whole copyright stuff settled so wb/dc can use and continue to use all the known elments.

WB stop being cheap and just pay these guys; what is a Superman movie without Lois Lane or Krypton?

If they can't use Lois what's the point of even making a new alternate origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"