Survivor season 35: HvHvH

Wyrminarrd

Sidekick
Reaction score
First episode of Survivor season 35: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers just aired. Over all I think this could be a good season, though I think the theme is incredibly forced.

Liked the one time super idol, even though it ended up not doing anything. It just offered so many possibilities in the game.

I was surprised that after all the drama on the losing tribe that they ended up apparently voting as a group. Thought for sure that there were going to be more fireworks in the voting.

The NFL guy is absolutely hilarious! Not sure if he even knows what he's doing. At first, it seemed he was acting nutso on purpose, but then later he acted like his acting nutso might get him voted off. He's obviously obsessed with what he's deemed the "power couple". Loved him just harping over and over again about proving that they didn't have an idol and nothing they could do or say would convince him. Because how would you 100% prove you didn't have it? You could always have hidden it somewhere else.

I didn't really like the premiere and the boot was unremarkable.

The NFL guy is absolutely hilarious! Not sure if he even knows what he's doing. At first, it seemed he was acting nutso on purpose, but then later he acted like his acting nutso might get him voted off. He's obviously obsessed with what he's deemed the "power couple". Loved him just harping over and over again about proving that they didn't have an idol and nothing they could do or say would convince him. Because how would you 100% prove you didn't have it? You could always have hidden it somewhere else.

Yeah, that guy really needs to tone it down a lot since nothing makes people trust you less than showing them that you don't trust them.

I don't get the power couple paranoia at this point, especially when that "couple" wants to work with you. The days when just two people could control the game are long gone and if anything things have swung the other way and its become a liability.

This episode should have been edited better as I'd pretty much figured out who was going home after the first five minutes.

Other than that I thought it was a decent episode. I don't understand what Joe was thinking when he talked with Cole about the idol clue. You never reveal that kind of information as there is little chance of it helping you and a great deal of risk of it backfiring on you.

The Hustler tribe should be renamed the Weird tribe.

Episode 2 was much better than the bland premiere, but the Hustlers should've sent Ryan packing. He doesn't look as though he'll be terribly useful in physical challenges and, worse, he's clearly a schemer. Guys like him can easily go deep in the game.

Episode 2 was much better than the bland premiere, but the Hustlers should've sent Ryan packing. He doesn't look as though he'll be terribly useful in physical challenges and, worse, he's clearly a schemer. Guys like him can easily go deep in the game.

Maybe the others don't perceive him as a schemer? Either way he's clearly someone who can win people over unlike Simone who appeared to have made no friends in those first few days.

If you can't make any friends, are fairly useless around camp and can't perform well at challenges then it makes sense to send you home. At this point in the game the smart play is vote out the person most likely to cause you to go back to tribal council since you really don't want to be down on the numbers when the switch up happens.

This episode had much better editing than the last one and actually made it unclear who was going home and witch tribe was losing.

Man, Patrick is a really sore loser. I´m really glad he got voted out pre-jury since I strongly suspect that he would have been a toxic presence there.

Why did it have to be Lauren vs Patrick? I liked them both. :waa: Why couldn't've been the Heroes tribe that got decimated before the swap? They're so boring.

I enjoyed how the reward challenge was bundled with the immunity challenge. Gave us more insight into camp life.

This season is kind of ehh so far. After discovering Australian Survivor( loved the last two seasons) I wish the original one did more twist like them. I wish they had players that took more chances too.

Boring season so far! Though they are plenty of eye candies. I wish Patrick stayed. He was one of the more interesting castaways this season.

This season is kind of ehh so far. After discovering Australian Survivor( loved the last two seasons) I wish the original one did more twist like them. I wish they had players that took more chances too.

The Aussie version is definitely better than the US version, and I think it has a lot to do with casting and longer episodes. The US version casts the same archetypes again and again. How many times have we seen the pro athlete and the nerdy superfan?

As for the longer episodes, that's why I said I liked the fact that the reward and immunity challenge were rolled together. It felt more AS in that we got to see more of the castaways' personalities.

Why bother with the Theme if they're just going to merge tribes so early?

I know right. Anyway the season title is absurd. That's what we get for repeating locations in order for the show to save expenses. As if the show is expensive to make and struggling at the ratings.

Yeah, this seasons theme is a dud. I guess they try these things for two reasons:

1: It makes the tribes easier for viewers to distinguish from one another.

2: It sometimes creates a more intense "Us vs. them" mentality in the players like what happened with the blue collar tribe. That can be an interesting dynamic but this time I don't think the qualities chosen really lend themselves to this happening.

It's also because they keep using the same location over and over, so they have to find another way to distinguish new seasons filmed there from those filmed there previously. Pity they didn't just number the seasons from the beginning a la The Amazing Race or Big Brother.

The location / country that they are in, make one season look different from the others. Like if thi s was filmed in India or Vietnam, it would probably rmake me remember it more 5 years from now even if the whole season turned out to be boring. They lost the aspect when keep recycling Fiji, Samoa and the Philippines. Repeating a location is only good for All Star seasons or half All star seasons or if they have a new twist that they need to name the season after it (Exile, Redemption and Blood Vs Water for example). But Millennials vs Gen X, Hustlers v Healers v Heroes, Worlds Apart, they sound extremely gimmicky.

Last edited:
So they went with three tribes of five players like I thought they would. The hidden advantage was over powered this time around imo, at least with the tribes being as small as they are it really changed the balance of power.

In the end the advantage didn't change anything since Joe played his idol correctly. I´ll admit that I thought when he played it for himself that his fellow healer was going home, the editing seemed to be suggesting that she was the one leaving the show.

I don't like Joe, so I wasn't happy he prevailed. But afterwards, I remember that Alan was a huge pain as well, so things aren't all bad.

I wish Alan had stuck around. There could have been serious fireworks between him and Joe.

The Aussie version is definitely better than the US version, and I think it has a lot to do with casting and longer episodes. The US version casts the same archetypes again and again. How many times have we seen the pro athlete and the nerdy superfan?

As for the longer episodes, that's why I said I liked the fact that the reward and immunity challenge were rolled together. It felt more AS in that we got to see more of the castaways' personalities.
Yes the Aussie version really lets the contestants personalities show. I actually end up liking most of the contestants and get sad to see some go. Our US version just has the same boring stereotype people the nerdy super fan, the loud mouth officer, the hot girl though none of them really seem like it in this season I say the 30yr old virgin, the old people. Being on the island 55days helps a lot, having longer eps, and Johnathan is a great host. I wish US Survivor maybe had something on their site to see what else they are doing. I don't watch Big Brother but they seem to have non stop coverage online and that after dark show.

The location / country that they are in, make one season look different from the others. Like if thi s was filmed in India or Vietnam, it would probably rmake me remember it more 5 years from now even if the whole season turned out to be boring. They lost the aspect when keep recycling Fiji, Samoa and the Philippines. Repeating a location is only good for All Star seasons or half All star seasons or if they have a new twist that they need to name the season after it (Exile, Redemption and Blood Vs Water for example). But Millennials vs Gen X, Hustlers v Healers v Heroes, Worlds Apart, they sound extremely gimmicky.
They need to go back to some drier areas like Africa, Australia, they did China like once.

Joe has some Russell Hantz level social awareness.

Dude is smart as hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"