DC Films Swamp Thing

It’s so weird that people are @ James Gunn with movie pitches

It’s so weird that people are @ James Gunn with movie pitches

Thats kind of "normal" when it comes to Directors, writers etc getting bombarded with ideas and demands etc...the weird part is when the man posts something random about his Dog or to celebrate Valentinesday and the weirdos come in to give him advice or demand what he should do for the DCU.

Like what is their mindset here? Why do some even think that this would actually work and Gunn or anybody would take their advice?
Weirdos.

Parasocial relationships will be the doom of us all.

Doom, probably not, but we as a society definitely need to learn a whole new set of social norms for living in a world where parasocial relationships are trivially easy to establish.

The more I think about this, the more curious I get as to whether Mangold (assuming *fingers crossed* he takes the job) goes practical or mo-cap with Swamp Thing.

If it’s motion capture, I feel like there’s a greater likelihood that the same actor plays Alec Holland and the monster. If it’s practical… not so sure.

Lets go practical and bring Doug Jones along.

The Swamp Thing movie is going to be a horror movie and likely a much lower budget then a four quadrant superhero movie like Superman Legacy or Brave And The Bold, so I could see them keeping the practical approach to keep the amount of effects shots low.

No excuse not to do practical effects.

I don't see why they couldn't utilize both. But if they make him as large as he is in the comics then cgi will be needed.

If they go practical, then I’d love to see Barrie Gower and co. take that on. GOT, The Last of Us, Vecna on Stranger Things, The Green Knight… he’d kill it.

And based on his horror work and previous experience with Mangold, I’m guessing Marco Beltrami will score.

It’s nice Gunn knows if it works do it. Sometimes people deliberately avoid people who put their hands up for a project or campaign publicly

I think the inclusion of Swamp Thing was a HUGE benefit to the newer DCU.
It signals to me they are willing to use characters beside the big 3 & show the other pockets of DC.
Horror in the comics universes of Marvel & Dc was never fully explored.
You can say Marvel beat them to the punch delving into the 'horror realm' with Werewolf by Night & Dr. Strange 2, but I think for Marvel those may have been just an experiment & not a major goal.
Swamp Thing opens up the possibility for real horror in DC & is the perfect character to use to introduce it to be a mainstay as much as Batman & Superman is.
Neither Marvel nor DC has made horror a main focus in their universes & put it in the spotlight.
If DC uses the gothic setting of Swap Thing & does it right, horror fans & comic fans together can be introduced into something new & dare I say...different?

Looks like he is going to fully embrace the character and try to do it justice.
After referencing Frankenstein & Robocop, as men waking up in different bodies.
Has a feel he's going to make the focal point of Holland, emerging from the swamp as something new he is unaware of.
Mangold is an above average director (Cop Land, Identity, Walk the line, 3:10 to Yuma, Logan) and his enthusiasm for the film, makes me think Swamp Thing should be in good hands.

With more Star Wars projects getting lined up ahead of his, I’m kind of hoping Mangold ends up doing Swamp Thing next.

I could see him going w this between the Dylan joint and Star Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"