Taika Waititi’ - “Jojo Rabbit”

Any word on a trailer?
Nop. Then again the release date for the movie is October 18th. Same release date as 12 Years a Slave and Birdman.

12 Years a Slave: Official Trailer - July 19th
Birdman: Teaser Trailer - June 16th / Official Trailer - July 31st

Assuming this movie comes out this year, it's good to see Scarlett Johansson turn in two great performances after a string of recent duds and meh supporting roles.

I suppose I should watch Leave No Trace on Netflix to see what the Thomason McKenzie hype is all about.

I'v had the DVD on my shelf for a couple of months and really need to get down to watching it, I remember Wendy and Lucy with Michelle WIlliams by the same director being a very nicely done lowkey drama.

Johansson's career does always seem to have done in fits and starts, you had Lost in Translation and Girl with the Pearl Earring within a few months early on then Her and Under the Skin also within a short window. I admit I did like Lucy and Ghost in the Shell, not perfect films but a cut above bog standard blockbusters.. I think the problem though is that she's not really suited for your typical "filmstar" kind of roles, better playing more oddball and intense characters which I think the Russo's taped into with End Game.

I admit there not really that much on the horizon I'm addictively looking forward to at the moment(that Claire Dennis scifi with Binoche and Patterson perhaps) so having a release date for Jojo is nice.

giphy.gif

Trying to figure out when the trailer drops by checking Fox Searchlight modus operandi.

Jojo Rabbit / Release Date: October 18th = 1st Trailer - ?
Birdman / Release Date: October 17th = 1st Trailer - June 16th
12 Years a Slave / Release Date: October 8th = 1st Trailer - July 19th

Also now it seems as though Fox Searchlight has 5 movies coming out this year. Tolkien, Ready or Not, Lucy in the Sky, Jojo Rabbit and a Hidden Life. Looking at the way they are displayed in FS website, that seems to be the order in which they are going to be released.

We have already seen a trailer for Lucy in the Sky but not one for Ready or Not. So i expect that Ready or Not trailer to drop first and then the Jojo Rabbit trailer should be released. I'dd say around late June or July we should get the first glimpse at JR.

IMDB has the movie releasing in the UK on January 3rd. While apparently other release dates are:
New Zealand - October 24th
France - January 22nd
Spain - January 24th

Last edited:
So i expect that Ready or Not trailer to drop first and then the Jojo Rabbit trailer should be released. I'dd say around late June or July we should get the first glimpse at JR.
We got the first trailer for RoN today. So the next one in line is Jojo Rabbit.
The movie is now exactly 4 months away from release and i expect the trailer to drop in the next few weeks.

Found 2 more user reviews:
(Thomasin McKenzie is really really good. The whole film is perfectly cast.)
Who can make an adorable, hilarious, tragic and socially relevant comedy about fascism and xenophobia starring an adolescent? Taika ****ing Waititi, that's who.

It seems as though there are some special screenings happening.

Last edited:
I guess there’s no embargo on reactions for this. This movie is great, perfect balance of laugh out loud comedy and heart wrenching sadness.
I still want to see how people react to Rockwell’s character being the compassionate nazi, once again. If you have a problem with it in 3 billboards but not this, there’s a problem considering both are comedic films with huge implications of racism and trauma. Coming from someone who loved both films and didn’t have a problem with his character arcs.

Oh hey, I didn't know that Stephen Merchant was in this.

Neat.

Finally! Feels like i've been waiting for this for years.
So happy! :) All hail Taika. :D

From "visionistical" director... Hahaha

I guess there’s no embargo on reactions for this. This movie is great, perfect balance of laugh out loud comedy and heart wrenching sadness.
I still want to see how people react to Rockwell’s character being the compassionate nazi, once again. If you have a problem with it in 3 billboards but not this, there’s a problem considering both are comedic films with huge implications of racism and trauma. Coming from someone who loved both films and didn’t have a problem with his character arcs.
tumblr_pcty0qVkSk1qcay23o1_400.gif

Have you seen Taika's other movies and if so where would you rank JJR?

That poster is a thing of beauty. :hrt:

@Crosswind Ghost what about some highlights. Like from the cast and so on...

The kids are the standouts. Roman David is absolutely adorable in this film, although she was around 17 when this was filmed Thomasin Mckenzie is terrific, and Archie Yates steals every scene he’s in, I don’t think there’s a more lovable character I can remember in a long time. For the adults Rockwell knocks it out of the park, while Merchant is great and maniacally menacing. The one weak spot unfortunately is Johansson, it’s not that she’s bad, she just doesn’t stand out in a crowd of brilliant performances.

'Joker,' Tom Hanks' Mr. Rogers Pic Among TIFF Selections
"Jojo Rabbit," from filmmaker Taika Waititi, is about a young member of a Hitler Youth group.

"But he grows, he changes, he learns," Bailey said. "And you begin to feel at least some empathy for the possibility of change."

Vicente added that it was "one of our favorites. It really surprises and we all kind of fell in love with it."

Fox Searchlight youtube channel.

This looks outrageous. I love it.

I hope it offends people and forces them to wake up to what is going on.

Looks hilarious. Hope it doesn't get lost in the awards season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"