Superman Returns Taking Children to see SR?

bhogg

Civilian
Reaction score
When I was 4, my Dad took me to see Superman II. I definitely didn't understand the whole movie, but it had superman and I thought it was cool.

My son is about the same age and I'm considering taking him to see Superman Returns. Of course, I plan on screening it first.

What are some of you guys / gals feelings towards taking the little guys to this flick?

To me, Superman should appeal to the youngsters, as well as the young at heart.

oh yeah,i'm taking my daughter,as much as she has heard me talk about it,she would kill me if i didnt.

I would but I think the parents would frown on me kidnapping their kids ;)

It's not kidnapping as long as you bring them back ;)

I'll be taking my six-year-old daughter to see it on June 30th. While I'll catch the midnight showing at 12:01AM, that's obviously too late for her, so we'll go see it that night. It works out well, because after seeing it I can prepare her for any sequences that may be a little scary for her. She watched the TV spot, so I already explained to her about the shot with Lex and Superman.

im not a parent, but i dont expect this movie to have anything as frightening or "adult" as Batman Begins did, so i expect to see a lot of kids in the theatre with me.

thats the thing about Superman, physically you cant hurt him (expect for kryponite obviously) so there wont be any problems there. his weakness has always been his heart and his emotions, so i think thats where most of the mature aspects of the film will be.

if you can't take a child to see Superman then Jane stop this crazy thing I want off

My advice: sit near the aisle so it's easy for you to get out if the kid starts making noise. Nothing's worse than a parent who lets their brat sit their crying/playing/asking stupid questions and doens't do anything about it.

I say what better time than now to introduce the little ones to Superman.

Katsuro said:
My advice: sit near the aisle so it's easy for you to get out if the kid starts making noise. Nothing's worse than a parent who lets their brat sit their crying/playing/asking stupid questions and doens't do anything about it.

My daughter is a well-behaved six-year-old and has never made any noise at a movie. We will be sitting in the middle.

Eh,excuse me,but u were that same brat one time, my daughter is 11,no brat.
Katsuro said:

Well, we're introducing our boy to the movie theater tomorrow. He wants to see Over the Hedge.

We'll be sitting on the edge for all movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"