Tarsem Singh and Ryan Reynolds Make Selfless Plans

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103392
Tarsem Singh (Mirror Mirror, Immortals) and Ryan Reynolds are are in talks to direct and star, respectively, in the science fiction tale Selfless, Deadline reports.

First announced nearly a year ago, the project arrives from the Carriers screenwriting pair of Alex and David Pastor (who initially were planning to direct themselves).

The film focuses on a man who, getting on in years and close to death, puts his mind in a younger body. Soon, though, he learns of the means by which his new body was obtained and finds himself on the run from a company trying to silence him.

James D. Stern, Peter Schlessel and Ram Bergman will produce.

Certain to be visually great at the very least I guess.

Sounds a little like the John Frankenheimer film Seconds.

Sounds a little like the John Frankenheimer film Seconds.

Exactly, I was think about this film with Rock Hudson which had a similar story "Opération Diabolique" in French and it happened to be "Seconds".

Well, even with the best story in the world it still will be a Razzi Reynold movie, I will pass.

Reynolds gets a bad rap for a few crappy movies, but he's a decent actor. Unfortunately, RIPD looks like it's not going to help his reputation.

I like Reynolds as an actor I just wish he'd choose better roles in better looking films.

Singh blows, yes his movies are visually beautiful but he can't tell a story to save his life.

As Hunter said, at least the film will look great. Hopefully Tarsem actually picked a good script this time around.

I think he's a pretty damn good director, and not just talking about his visuals, but three of his four movies(that I know of at least)were bad(Mirror Mirror)to semi-decent at best(Immortals/The Cell). His best work is The Fall, which I actually consider a really good one.

Him doing a sci-fi sounds interesting though.

FilmDistrict Sets Date for Sci-Fi Thriller Selfless, Starring Ryan Reynolds

FilmDistrict announced today that Selfless will hit theaters on Friday, September 26, 2014. It's the same date as Focus Features will release their animated The Boxtrolls.

Ryan Reynolds stars in Selfless, an unconventional sci-fi thriller about a terminally ill billionaire who buys a chance for eternal life through an experimental underground medical procedure called �shedding�, which transfers his consciousness into the cadaver of a younger man. But the promise of immortality turns into a nightmare when he experiences flashbacks which begin to reveal the disturbing origins of the body he now inhabits.

The film is directed by Tarsem Singh.

I hope this can be a decent Singh will. I always want to like his films.

I like Reynolds. I hope this works out for him, or he'll end up in the sequel to 'A Talking Cat' with Eric Roberts.

Reynolds is like the kiss of death these days. This does not bode well to me. Also, I'm not loving the plot -- it just seems unoriginal. I like Victor Garber though; I'm always happy to see him get a paycheck.

Looks pretty good. It could be Reynolds comeback film.

I find people too much dismissive of Singh (same for Reynolds).

Singh has proven that he can direct action scenes (Immortals) and a light hearted comedy film (Mirror Mirror) and an intense movie like The Fall.

Only thing he needs is a solid script, Reynolds is a good actor too, I hope that this movie will prove to be successful.

Last edited:
Looks fine, but really people, just watch Seconds. It's incredible!

I find people too much dismissive of Singh (same for Reynolds).

Singh has proven that he can direct action scenes (Immortals) and a light hearted comedy film (Mirror Mirror) and an intense movie like The Fall.

Only thing he needs is a solid script, Reynolds is a good actor too, I hope that this movie will prove to be successful.
Fully agree!

Also, I forgot all about The Fall. Gonna have to watch that again soon. Haven't seen it since it first came out.

Yeah The Fall was absolutely fantastic. One of my all time favorites.

Oh man surely I am not the only one that thinks this looks like 90s sci fi action trash. It reminds me of Transcendence which we all know how that turned out. Totally lost any interest the moment I saw Ryan Reynolds face. ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"