Tarsem Singh and Ryan Reynolds Make Selfless Plans

If this movie was made 15 yrs ago it would of been Arnold instead of Reynolds

7tUB5O9.jpg

Last edited:
Potential Reynolds comeback?

Another Ryan Reynold's flop, 13% on Rotten Tomatoes

Deadpool better work for Reynolds.

They made such a stupid move putting this in the summer

Reynolds is a BO flop. I'm amazed studios still take a risk on casting him as lead. Not blaming Reynolds 100%, but it's just an all too common theme with him. I'm hoping Deadpool is a decent movie, not for his sake, just because I want to see all comic movies succeed.

This is a Tarsem Singh movie? It doesn't really seem to be playing to his strengths. In the past he has made gorgeous movies that aren't very good. So, this is a Singh movie without the gorgeous visuals? What's the point?

I wish he could be reigned in and just make a fantastic looking movie with someone else having enough influence over him to make the movie good.

Man, these reviews for this movie are not good.

Last edited:
Not surprised word-of-mouth on this is bad, but I'm bummed. Looks like this is the third dud in a row for Tarsem.

I had no idea this was even a Tarsem movie, and normally I could pick his style out from a line-up in an instant. Sad to see that's all but gone from this movie, since that's the one thing all his movies usually have going for them.

So question is...if Deadpool disappoints is Reynolds done?

I personally thought he was done after 2011 with GL and The Change Up. I think he should look at cable TV

Yeah, I couldn't tell this was a Tarsem film. It seems very direct to video.

You'd think he'd cook up some crazy mindscape visuals for this or something.

So the visual director DIDN'T play to his strengths? Oh poor Reynolds, you are now C-List. :(

Reynolds can't catch a break. He was awesome in The Voices. One of the best performances of the year, but it wasn't financially successful either even though it got a lot of acclaim. TBH i don't think he gives a **** though, after GL i think he's given up on trying to become a big star and just chooses films that interest him. Fair play i guess.

Yeah, I saw The Voices the other day and it was great. More importantly, HE was great in it.

I had high hopes for this film, but I should have known better. Tarsem Singh hasn't made a good movie in nearly a decade.

Self/less bombed at the box office opening at #8 with $5.3 million.

This movie didn't have Tarsem's usual visual flair.

The movie felt like a Tony Scott film.

Ryan Reynolds bought his usual shtick to the role. I feel like it might of been better with an actor who could of
mimicked Ben Kingsley's character a little bit

The film wasn't awful but it isn't particularly memorable.

I watched this film a few week's back. Yeah not a good one. It got barely promoted.

I thought Self/Less was okay, it was better than I thought it would be. It's a firm 6 out of 10 type of film.

I feel like Reynolds is untouchable at this point. Deadpool could bomb, and yet he'd still land 3 leading man roles a year. I like the guy and all, but it would be nice to see other actors out there get a shot. I saw that movie with him and Helen Mirren recently and I found that softspoken smartass thing he does really grating in it. He needs to stop doing that so he doesn't just feel like he's playing the same character over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"