The Dark Knight TDK as the bridge between BB and the third film

TDK a bridge between BB and the third film.... Yeah, it's called a continuation of the story!!

lets just hope that WB wont blow up the BB thing for JL's sake.
but honestly i dont think it will happen.JL is not quite famous in the rest of the world.batman is.
they wouldnt destroy two franchises (superman-batman) for one now.would they?...

I, personally, hope we haven't seen the end of Ras Al Guhl. I thought he was a great villain, although I'm sure Nolan with his realism shtick won't involve himself with any kind of Lazarus Pit mumbo jumbo, but it would be nice. After all, he did mention destroying Rome and ancient civilizations, maybe he wasn't the one doing that, or maybe he was....

I also hope we do get some form of twist involving the Joker and his skin, not that I have a problem with the makeup, I just think it would be a cool scene to watch.

From what I've heard, Nolan's Batman series was always intended as a trilogy and I love that.

And therefore The Dark Knight happens to be the bridge between Batman Begins and the third one. I'm starting this thread as a place where we can discuss how TDK will directly and indirectly affect the third film of the trilogy.

What should it foreshadow? And what plot points can it build up that will be finally stitched up in the final film?

I love the way Batman Begins ended. It made me feel appreciated as an audience member because I knew that Nolan & crew were in it for the long haul.

I'd like to see TDK end on a similar note, only more epic and build up to one of the greatest finales in comic-book or indeed any kind of film.

I read an interview today from Nolan where he was asked how TDK will set up the third movie and he replied that he doesn't really look at his movies that way.

His approach to TDK is the same as BB. Make the best possible movie and approach it as though its self contained.

are they bound by contract to do a third?

Nolan may not have wanted to hint a third film in his interview but Bale has:

"The script leaves room for a very interesting follow-up, too," Bale says of the potential for a third film. "I think we could take it somewhere else."

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerentertainment/2007/06/under_pressure_christian_bale.html

Well, I am sure when they wrote the script, they left room for a third one (Two Face). And we aren't saying they're not thinking of a third movie, its just that -- much like BB -- Nolan and co. are 100% focused on TDK, and are making it to where if there never was a third one (God forbid!) that TDK could stand alone. Two Face at the end of TDK may be introduced or mentioned in the same capacity as the Joker card at the end of BB.

can you imagine it?139' and 59" of harvey dent and the last shot is where two-face appears as a silhouette and we don't get to see his distorted face clearly!!!that would get me waiting for a third!

Well, I am sure when they wrote the script, they left room for a third one (Two Face). And we aren't saying they're not thinking of a third movie, its just that -- much like BB -- Nolan and co. are 100% focused on TDK, and are making it to where if there never was a third one (God forbid!) that TDK could stand alone. Two Face at the end of TDK may be introduced or mentioned in the same capacity as the Joker card at the end of BB.
No, I'm not so sure about that. Harvey Dent is going to be introduced early in the film, supposedly. That means in order to make this film stand alone, and still encompass his transformation into Two-Face, he's gonna have to give Two-Face more time on screen to let him be known as a new threat in Gotham City, as opposed to Joker who makes no appearance in BB at all. I'm thinking that's the only way the movie can be an acceptable ending if (man I hope not) Nolan decides not to direct a 3rd movie.

No, I'm not so sure about that. Harvey Dent is going to be introduced early in the film, supposedly. That means in order to make this film stand alone, and still encompass his transformation into Two-Face, he's gonna have to give Two-Face more time on screen to let him be known as a new threat in Gotham City, as opposed to Joker who makes no appearance in BB at all. I'm thinking that's the only way the movie can be an acceptable ending if (man I hope not) Nolan decides not to direct a 3rd movie.

No worries, Nolan will finish what he started.

I dunno about that. We know Dent will be introduced early on, he's an integral part of the story! However, it doesn't have to deal with Two Face in order to complete that story. I mean, The Joker will probably take up enough screen time, so if Nolan decided to tell Two Face's story as well, it wouldn't really have enough screen time to devote fully, or we'd end on a cliffhanger, which I don't think Nolan will do.

In all probability, at the end of the movie, we'll get some blurb about a mysterious new villain causing trouble somehow, and how his identity is unknown, even to those that are working for him or something. And then we'll get the bar scene.

I dunno about that. We know Dent will be introduced early on, he's an integral part of the story! However, it doesn't have to deal with Two Face in order to complete that story. I mean, The Joker will probably take up enough screen time, so if Nolan decided to tell Two Face's story as well, it wouldn't really have enough screen time to devote fully, or we'd end on a cliffhanger, which I don't think Nolan will do.

In all probability, at the end of the movie, we'll get some blurb about a mysterious new villain causing trouble somehow, and how his identity is unknown, even to those that are working for him or something. And then we'll get the bar scene.

Two-Face is gonna get more screen time than you guys think. I bet he even gets control of most of the criminal underworld by the end of the film.

Eric Roberts already spilled the beans in one interview how Two-Face offs him when he is getting into his car.

Wasn't he mad at WB over JLA and wasnt doing BAT3.... or is that just a rumor still?:huh:

Most likely just a rumor. Although, it was reported in either Variety or HR that Nolan and Bale weren't crazy about JLA happening now, I think the reports of them being mad and walking away from the franchise are greatly exaggerated. Here's a quote from Nolan:

IGN: Are you concerned at all about the Justice League of America movie and of a new Batman being introduced to audiences while your franchise is still going?

Nolan: Not really. To be perfectly honest, it's not really something I've thought about much. I really am just immersed in making this movie. Whatever will happen will happen, and we're just working very hard to make this movie the best it can be.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/839/839933p2.html

Two-Face is gonna get more screen time than you guys think. I bet he even gets control of most of the criminal underworld by the end of the film.

Eric Roberts already spilled the beans in one interview how Two-Face offs him when he is getting into his car.

Well, that could still be in the last act of the film. I didn't know about that part in the spoiler tags.

My point is that I don't think we'll get a lot of Two Face action. Very little, I suspect.

I don't see it as a bridge, that implies that this film is merely setting up the events for the third. I see it as an equally important part of a trilogy, that hopefully builds into more.

THE DARK KNIGHT will set up a LONG HALLOWEEN-ish story in the third film, where Gotham is overrun by freaks, now that the mob element has been wiped out. Batman will have to contend with The Joker, Two-Face, and probably Catwoman as things get a lot worse and his foes unite against him.

Which means he'll need help.

I don't think we'll get Catwoman, I think it's gonna do a sort of DV, with Two-Face being the main villian and Joker being a small secondary.

Kinda like Schumacher did...

Wait...

I take it back.

Goyer - “The next one would have Batman enlisting the aid of Gordon and Dent in bringing down the Joker... but not killing him, which is a mistake they made in the first one," Batwriter David Goyer tells the latest issue of US movie magazine Premiere. "In the third, the Joker would go on trial, scarring Dent in the process."

This has obviously pretty much been disgarded, though Joker could still feature in the third in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"