The Dark Knight TDK Locations: Baltimore, Hong Kong, L.A. and London!

i hope they use the crappy areas of baltimore- i'd love to see batman in a rundown harbor area/dock and warehouse, with fog, the whole nine yards. i know we got the waterfront scene in begins but as for the setting itself- i'd rather it be all run down.

Actually, it's pretty nice at the Inner Harbor, it's outside the Harbor where it looks really really Gotham like.

I'm thinking what's in Hong Kong?

Long way too travel for a pretty skyline. You can do that in CGI. Must be something more specific?
Maybe they'll be doing flashback scenes of when Wayne was travelling the globe. Always love 'em flashbacks :)

More flashbacks!

Yep. Detective skills.

BATBOAT, anyone?

batboat.jpg

+

stil2-thumb.jpg

+

feat_air_377x283.jpg

=

G3447_00_lg.jpg

The military boat up there is an experimental vehicle called Stilleto. It's got the stealth design of the Tumbler and is capable of high speeds while leaving a minimal wave signature. It's not in use yet but the idea is that it will transport and land commando teams. It's also packed with tech so it can be used as a mobile operations platform for surveillance and tactical strikes. It's supposed to be 'flexible' so it can easily accommodate any combination of weapons or tech, including launching unmanned aerial vehicles. Picture a smaller version for Bats, with the stealth paneling, the arches in the hull and some sleeker design.

Next pic - this thing is actually called the Batboat by it's designers. It's a racer with improved handling. It's goes hard and fast but that's about it.

Baltimore??? ... Shieet looks like batmans going to be goin up against Avon Barksdale and Marlo stanfield instead of falconi and maroni. LOL :woot:

"If you with us, you with us." -- Chris Partlow

I am so releaved that there are other people out there patient and smart enough to watch The Wire. Never a better show on TV...

even though season 4 wasn't as good as seasons 1 and 3.

when he said la he meant sound stages, not in actual downtown la, i think.

All this talk about The Wire has got me really interested in seeing the show.

Nice Find Retro once again the Hype truely needs you :)
Thanks man.Its nice to be appreciated.:yay:
I'm thinking what's in Hong Kong?

Long way too travel for a pretty skyline. You can do that in CGI. Must be something more specific?
Yeah why would they need to go all the way to Hong Kong? I'm thinking if they're shooting there its possible TDK will show Wayne travelling to HK to show his playboy side or Nolan and co. just went to HK for some reference photos and nothing more.Caine could be confused?:ninja:
Baltimore could be the location of harveys and gildas house
Hmm...interesting thought.
Nice find but why do we hear this from Caine? Why not Nolan?
Well they're at an advanced stage of pre-production now. They've been travelling all over the globe to scout locations while putting together the script, casting new roles etc etc. No time to talk but i hope that changes soon.

Thanks. That looks very Gothamesque.

I know this might sound stupid, but couldn't shooting in L.A just be on another soundstage instead of actually using the city itself?
More than likely, that's what it means - using the Warner Bros. or Universal stages.....

Yeah thats what i'm thinking the L.A. bit is for. But i thought they were storing the sets and props at Shepperton Studios and the Cardington hangars? Wouldn't it be more logical to shoot there instead of shipping the everything to States? Or is this a tax thing?:huh: I know Nolan lives in L.A. so that could have influenced the decision.

:up:
I could see that as the Batboat. I hope this news from Michael Caine means more official news about the movie is around the corner.

^ they look like they're about to make out :heart:

what im wondering is...is caine himself gonna be shooting at these locations?

^Great pics. The industrial portion along the harbor is perfect.

All this talk about The Wire has got me really interested in seeing the show.

Its in syndication on Bet very first episode started last night at 9.pm eastern So heres your chance.

"You play in dirt, you get dirty." -- McNulty

It just occured to me that another reason they're relocating to Bmore is because its skyline is less recognizable than Chicago's?

^ they look like they're about to make out :heart:

lol
Baltimore pics:
Nice pics. Looks like something that could fit Gotham.
Its in syndication on Bet very first episode started last night at 9.pm eastern So heres your chance.

"You play in dirt, you get dirty." -- McNulty
I don't live in the U.S. so i don't have BET unfortunately.
It just occured to me that another reason they're relocating to Bmore is because its skyline is less recognizable than Chicago's?
Thats possible but i know its going to piss off a lot of people here if they don't go to Chicago.

Looks like Baltimore was been in the BB crew before. Heres a qoute from screenwriter David Goyer.

"Blade" Cast & Crew's Future

Posted: Thursday December 9th, 2004 6:10pm
Source: Hero Realm
Author: Garth Franklin

Speaking with Hero Realm, Director David Goyer and actors Ryan Reynolds & Jessica Biel talked up "Blade: Trinity" and in the process discussed some of their upcoming stuff.

When asked about reinventing "Batman" by penning "Batman Begins", Goyer says "If anyone ever does an origin story again, this one will be the first. The thing about doing a prequel is it just wipes the slate clean. You can just pretend those films never existed. And certainly we will do a Joker story or a Two-Face story later on, but we won't be beholden to the films that came before. We finished filming in September, and Chris Nolan is putting together his rough cut. He'll have it done around the end of the year.

It doesn't look anything like the first Tim Burton movie. It is dark, it is serious, but it's not gothic. I did like the first Burton film, but a lot of points of reference for that film are early expressionist films like "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari"or "Metropolis". Where as our points of reference are all real. Gotham doesn't look like a made up city, Gotham looks like it could absolutely exist. It's sort of a fusion of Baltimore, New York and Chicago. We filmed alot of exterior scenes in Chicago, so it wouldn't look like a backlot film, and it wouldn't look like some over art-directed movie. I feel like the subsequent "Batman" films just became really cartoonish and over art-directed".
Source: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041209g.php

I have a feeling that Nolan wants a more stylized Gotham.

No offense to Chicago. I thought that the Narrows was well done, but I think Nolan wants to give Gotham a Blade Runner flair (like what he mentioned before). Hong Kong, esp at night, is glitz and glamour without being too flamboyant.

Here's an upated from BOF.

UPDATED, 1/11.06: Rose Green, the administration manager at Baltimore's division of film and televison, spoke to BOF contributor Cary Ashby late Thursday afternoon. "The only thing that we know is that we were scouted for it. Nothing has been confirmed, or to my knowledge, really negotiated. There is no story here," Green said.

The scouting happened "a couple months ago. That's all I know. Other people know more about it than I do," she said. When asked to clarify, Green said "just average Joes" had called the agency over the last two days.

The next step, if there is one, would be for THE DARK KNIGHT crew to get information about using things such as office space in Baltimore, but Green said there has been no such discussion. She also mentioned that the film crew "would have to come through us for permits." -- Cary Ashby

Thanks to Cary Ashby for the scoop -- good work my friend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"