The Dark Knight Rises TDKR Reviews/Reactions (SPOILERS/Read At Your Own Risk) (NO DISCUSSION!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Knight Rises LA junket experience - By Kate Rodger

"But the word disappointment certainly won’t be featuring when my full review is cleared for posting next Tuesday. Consider the embargo respected (I’m such a good girl) and hang fire for July 19 when the film opens in NZ. It might pay to bear in mind that Nolan’s love of the IMAX camera crossed new frontiers this time around, and he shot an entire half the film using them. Aucklanders, I urge you to see The Dark Knight Rises at IMAX if you can."

http://www.3news.co.nz/The-Dark-Kni...8/articleID/260769/Default.aspx#ixzz20K4afB4h

The film is gorgeous, sharply written, briskly paced despite an epic running time approaching three hours. The characters have depth and pathos, and the drama feels far richer than the usual hero-saving-the-world saga. The action reflects our own hard times as a masked terrorist lays siege to the masses in a sort of perverse Occupy Gotham City movement that pits the comic-book world’s 99 percenters against the rich and rapacious.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...knight-rises/2012/07/11/gJQAIKaGdW_story.html

Basic translation of a french article: http://bit.ly/Lcrk48l

http://forum.plan-sequence.com/chevalier-noir-leve-fu deletethispart ck-embargo-2012-t15640.html

Contains spoilers.

I left the movie in a state of euphoria, of relief, with
these incredible last minutes, with the title finally appearing for the first time as much as an announcement, a conclusion and a demand.

[...]

I could talk about all that advertisement showing Bane and Batman fighting face to face and followed each other by an army of people. I expected that it takes a big place in the movie and it is finally only the brief consequence of all which precedes.

[...]

We see more Bruce Wayne than Batman in this third opus. And it is what what gives all its humanity to the movie.

[...]
Joker was chaos, Bane symbolise a physical force that'll break the hero in two ways. Bane says:
"I wonder what I would break first : your spirit...or your body." By breaking Batman's back, he also breaks his will.

[...]
Two truths comes out in The Dark Knight Rises, one for Batman, one for Gotham.
The truth about
Rachel (the fact that she chose Harvey rather than Bruce) allows Wayne to mourn.
The truth on
Dent (the fact that he did not die like a hero) allows to rehabilitate Batman in the eyes of Gotham.

[...]
SERIOUSLY, SPOILERS, GUYS.

About the end:
-G
othamites don't know Batman 'died' since Blake take up the mantle during the last minutes. Incredible ballsy choice which I dreaded, like many other theories/ rumours which circulated and turned out to be true ("return" of Ra's Al Ghul, Miranda Tate is Talia, League of Shadows...), but it's very well brought on screen, with panache.

- And this last
cross-cuting sequence send shivers down my spine like the endings of BB and TDK. If I had to find a flaw, it would be this last shot/ reverse-shot on Wayne. Alfred's nod would have been enough.

Last edited:
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

The next person who clutters up the NO DISCUSSION thread will get time off...and that includes the people who clutter it up with posts complaining about people posting in here. If you see a discussion...REPORT IT and DO NOT post about it in here.

Is that so freakin hard to understand?

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/07/13/a-knight-to-remember/
Do not click if you don't want any spoilers

I'll post the non-spoiler bits:
There’s no contest. The Dark Knight Rises, which opens next week, is the most hotly anticipated movie of the summer. And yes, it lives up to the hype. But what’s most astonishing is not Batman’s new flying machine that zooms around skyscraper canyons, or a flirty Anne Hathaway poured into a skin-tight catsuit and stiletto boots, or a muzzled terrorist who looks like an S&M wrestler on steroids.
Don’t be surprised to see Caine honoured at the Oscars, or to see The Dark Knight Rises vie for Best Picture. Some franchises simply peter out. Nolan’s trilogy, like the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter sagas, has an engineered momentum that builds to a monumental climax. After Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008), “this is not another episode in a series for us,” says Nolan. “It’s the third act in one large story.”
Here are two BIG spoilers. I'm warning you
No, the most breathtaking moment in the epic finale of the Batman trilogy is when Michael Caine weeps.
Nolan and Bale say they are both done with Batman—although The Dark Knight Rises ends on a note that will allow another filmmaker to pick up the franchise where they left off

Last edited:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/14/2895351/the-dark-knight-rises-brings-the.html
Nolan’s previous two Batman films were celebrated for grounding the superhero genre in a grittier, darker reality. But The Dark Knight Rises pushes things even further: The epic-length movie (two hours and 45 minutes) contains a long and surprisingly grim stretch in which Gotham is overrun by anarchy and civilization breaks down. The film plunges into the abyss instead of just peering into it, and Nolan works the audience over with the skill and confidence he’s gained from making daring movies ( Memento, Inception, The Prestige) that found mainstream acceptance. He knows just how long he can push without turning off the viewer.
The Kubrick comparison is apt: He, too, was a master of simple yet eloquent images. The haunting final shot in Inception was a spinning top, wobbling ever so slightly, the implications grave and deep. There are moments in The Dark Knight Rises that generate a furious surge of emotion that The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man combined couldn’t muster. But even at its most heated, the movie remains elegantly cool.
The combination of high-minded filmmaking and pulpy source material is one of the reasons Nolan’s trilogy will endure as a standalone epic, regardless of how soon the inevitable Batman-reboot arrives.
With The Dark Knight Rises, Nolan also achieves something that has never been done in the realm of comic-book movies: He has given a finite end to a story involving a character that will continue to live forever, in countless incarnations, in the popular culture.

The Dark Knight Rises (PG-13): Director Christopher Nolan brings his Batman trilogy to a triumphant close with this epic-length (nearly three hours) comic-book adventure that makes The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man seem like trinket toys. Christian Bale returns as millionaire Bruce Wayne, facing off against the villainous Bane (Tom Hardy), who wishes the hero great bodily harm. Series regulars Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are back, joined by newcomers Anne Hathaway as the Catwoman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a young police officer. Prepare to be gobsmacked.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/15/2896478/screen-gems.html

Last edited:
http://theculture****.tumblr.com/post/27122725929/the-dark-knight-rises-2012
I was fortunate to attend an advanced screening of this and I knew it would be good, but WOW - Christopher Nolan has done it again.

Nolan himself said that he would not do a 3rd film in the Batman series unless the script would match or beat the script used for the Dark Knight, and TDKR lives up to that premise. Even Anne Hathaway (who, thankfully, we see allot less of that I was expecting) couldn’t taint the epic masterpiece that Nolan has created. Yeah, she is actually pretty cool in the film and I really did like her character.

Don’t want to give too much of it away, but I will say that The Dark Knight Rises is by far the most emotional of the Batman trilogy. Now I know what your thinking “that was same with spider-man 3 and it sucked!!” and it did - but TDKR builds from and excels the previous two movies in almost every way. Both the villains and the good guys are phenomenal, complex, enticing, and create memorable impressions that stick with you after the film finishes.

The cinematography was stunningly beautiful - and richly makes use of the IMAX format. If you see this film - don’t snub yourself- PLEASE pay the extra money and see it in IMAX, you won’t regret it.

The cast and characters are absolutely wonderful (with 5 oscar winners and another 3 nominees how can it not be?) Tom Hardy gives an exceptionally strong performance. The screenplay is one of the most clever and well-written things I have ever seen, and it really does 1up the Dark Knight on every level. And WOW - what an epic ending that really blew me out of the water…

I’m not exaggerating by stating that if this film does not win best picture - then no comic book film ever will.

Rating 10/10
Hint on censored word on url: It rhymes with nut

aJg2P.jpg

:dry:

Name-That-movie (same guy who described the prologue back in December) via IMDb:
I gave it a 9/10...It is a great movie. It kept my attention from start to finish. It only slowed just before the final act but not enough to really complain. I did not like the changes they made to the opening plane scene. They made Bane sound like he was talking through an air horn. Pretty sure this was a little FU to the people that complained back in Decemeber. "Oh, you couldn't understand him? How about Now?

Don't click as there might be some spoilers

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20120715-359182.html
Something dark and wonderful this way comes. A thunderous applause greeted the cast and crew members of The Dark Knight Rises as soon as they arrived at an international press conference in The Beverly Hilton Hotel, Los Angeles, last weekend.
More than a gesture that suggested a mere adherence to formality, the journalists from across the globe even rose to their feet and cheered the talented team on in a rare show of unbridled enthusiasm.
The night before, these members of the media were treated to an exclusive screening of the film and, as this writer has taken the solemn oath of secrecy, let's just say the film ended in typical Christopher Nolan fashion - to our utter astonishment.
Nevertheless, his clever use of four key ingredients in the film will give fans the ultimate ending it deserves.
Besides delivering heart-pounding action scenes, the Dark Knight trilogy has always managed to pull at our heartstrings with the films focusing on its character and their relationships. In fact, this time round, the display of emotions is at an all-time high.
Viewers may even catch a glimpse of the usually stoic Bruce Wayne getting a little misty-eyed.

Reactions from the Vermont screening earlier tonight: http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...69880/15526038/-/item/1/-/fako0k/-/index.html
Fans that saw the movie Sunday night all gave the film rave reviews.

Johnny Mendez said, "It was intense. It was a really dark film but some of the themes that they were covering were just unbelievable."

Jason Borges said he's anticipating this day for quite some time, "I thought it was absolutely phenomenal. We've been waiting four years for it and this one did not disappoint. It was better than I could have expected, the action was great, the storyline was like the perfect resolution."

Cyndy Golonka said she thought the movie was a little too action-packed for youngsters, but great for teens and adults. Her favorite part was the ending -- which she refused to ruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"