The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shape,

bane2-1.png

Can you confirm or deny if this is the scene where the truth about Dent's crimes are revealed?

Kind of confused here....

for those who have actually seen the Dave Lettermen incident...

Did he open his joke off with "Batman dies"...or was it like how one of the mods had said (FilmJ...) on how Letterman had actually started with Batman doesn't die?

He joked that Batman dies and then reassured the audience that Batman doesn't die. The problem wasn't with the joke, it's with the part where he reassured everyone because at that point he's spoiling it in the opposite direction of the joke itself.

You do know that theShape kept saying you were wrong with a lot but you continued to ignore him. So ya go in with hating the ending rather then keeping an open mind. You've been picking and choosing what you want to hear.

The thing that annoys me the most is that
people read the words 'Robin' or 'cafe' and all of sudden it's "Oh, no. This isn't what I wanted. I don't like this ending. It doesn't matter how it's done, I just don't like the facts of it. How can this be good? I don't see it. This isn't Batman. Bruce would never do that. I'm so disappointed."

I've gotta say it boggles my mind, especially considering the fact that one can look at the trilogy as a one-shot, elseworlds tale...that also happens to be ****ing awesome and really true to the essence of Batman. Certain things serve the story, and it's hard to see without physically watching the film. Imagine if Two-Face lived through TDK...the events of TDKR would be extremely different. But it served the story in TDK and now in TDKR...much like other things do.

Kind of confused here....

for those who have actually seen the Dave Lettermen incident...

Did he open his joke off with "Batman dies"...or was it like how one of the mods had said (FilmJ...) on how Letterman had actually started with Batman doesn't die?

His exact words were "in the end, Batman is dead" but both he and Hathaway were laughing right after he said that. Also, I think he meant the trilogy's over, not the character is dead. Either way, straight afterwards he said "he's not DEAD, relax". I'd take everything he said with a grain of salt.

Shape,

bane2-1.png

Can you confirm or deny if this is the scene where the truth about Dent's crimes are revealed?

Don't take this the wrong way like others have (who think I'm some sort of *****e or something) but...what do you think, dude?

Don't take this the wrong way like others have (who think I'm some sort of *****e or something) but...what do you think, dude?

You asked me that before and I never saw it as offensive :yay:

I'll say yes.

The thing that annoys me the most is that
people read the words 'Robin' or 'cafe' and all of sudden it's "Oh, no. This isn't what I wanted. I don't like this ending. It doesn't matter how it's done, I just don't like the facts of it. How can this be good? I don't see it. This isn't Batman. Bruce would never do that. I'm so disappointed."

I've gotta say it boggles my mind, especially considering the fact that one can look at the trilogy as a one-shot, elseworlds tale...that also happens to be ****ing awesome and really true to the essence of Batman. Certain things serve the story, and it's hard to see without physically watching the film. Imagine if Two-Face lived through TDK...the events of TDKR would be extremely different. But it served the story in TDK and now in TDKR...much like other things do.

What angered me is Magnar re-posted all that stuff from R2 like a hundred times and kept talking about how doomed it was. Then when you kept saying the opposite and giving your 2 cents he would ignore it.

Honestly there is a word for that. And I'm pretty sure I knew what he was doing. He kept posting the same thing later his FAQ again and again and again and again. I think he was trying to get a rise out of people.

But thank you for your insight. I can't wait.

Wait...wait, I'm now hearing that Selina shoots Bane? What the hell? Is this true?

Sounds to me like it happens closer to the beginning. I mean the purpose of it is to destroy gothams faith. Destroy faith, destroy hope, then destroy gotham itself

What angered me is Magnar re-posted all that stuff from R2 like a hundred times and kept talking about how doomed it was. Then when you kept saying the opposite and giving your 2 cents he would ignore it.

Honestly there is a word for that. And I'm pretty sure I knew what he was doing. He kept posting the same thing later his FAQ again and again and again and again. I think he was trying to get a rise out of people.

But thank you for your insight. I can't wait.

It's almost like some people WANT the ending the suck...and want others to hate it along with them.

It's almost like some people WANT the ending the suck...and want others to hate it along with them.

Eh I think some just are use to the third installment being bad, and lighting can't strike three times. But now that all the reviews are beyond positive and our dreams have come true of a great third installment, some just don't want to believe it.

Others like Magnar, I don't think ever wanted it. But I'll leave it at that.

Sounds to me like it happens closer to the beginning. I mean the purpose of it is to destroy gothams faith. Destroy faith, destroy hope, then destroy gotham itself

Bane's first move on Gotham is at the football stadium.

Also, with all of the hubbub and panic over the "ending", I haven't been able to talk up Bane as much as I should have...and it seems like some people don't care lol. But he is AWESOME and all of his scenes really are a sight to see. I love the voice, his appearance, his movements, and his actions.

He has some amazing lines of dialogue, and Batman throws an awesome one back at him in the end.

His plan technically starts much earlier than that, and something else happens alongside the stadium sequence.

You sure?

My guess was at the Gotham Stock Exchange. Just speculation though on my part.

Im not saying its the very first thing he does. Im just saying it is probably closer to the beginning. Everyone knows his introduction to gotham is through the football game. I just don't see him disclosing the harvey dent thing so late in the movie.

I do understand what you're saying but that's the point. It's not your vision of Batman... but then again there plenty of interpretations out there. For the finale, Nolan chose one where Bruce finally finds peace after a lifetime of suffering.

In Batman Begins, Bruce became Batman not only to confront his demons and fight injustice but to inspire the people of Gotham to rise up against the corrupted, criminals, scum, evil, etc. Batman became that symbol of hope. In The Dark Knight, his journey to rid Gotham City of crime is met with a halt. Bruce realizes that he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life destroying himself and hiding behind a mask. He viewed Harvey Dent as the true savior/hero that Gotham deserved. With The Dark Knight Rises, we're aware that Bruce is in bad shape physically and mentally. He has lost his identity and self-purpose but finds it again thanks to Selina Kyle. At this point in his 'career', Bruce is likely not the idealist he once was eight years ago but I believe Bruce finally comes to terms with his personal demons (the guilt over his parent's death and the dual identity that lurks beneath the surface -- Bruce is literally fighting himself in Bane) which finally propels him to move forward with whatever he has left in his life.

In my personal opinion, Bruce won't be coming back to 'train' Blake. By the end, I think Bruce will feel 'accomplished'. He's going to leave Gotham in Gordon's and Blake's hands because Bruce believes the city is in a brighter place. Why? Because Batman inspired Gotham and it's citizens to take back their city.

But in the end of The Dark Knight Returns, Bruce has found peace too. The Dark Knight Returns' end is the most perfect and clever end because it shows exactly the nature of Bruce Wayne.
He's like those people that you think are pathetic because their life is different, but the truth is some of them are actually happy like that. Even though they may not be fully aware of it. To me, deep down Bruce doesn't want a normal life, he likes being Batman, he like that life.

While Nolan's film seems like a great film (although the ending is still too much Disney-esque to me), I can't help but think that this is not Batman. This is not like changing the color of his costume or something, this is too important. This is changing his nature, how he is defined and I have hard time accepting this. I just can't, so I really hope this is not the end. I hope there something more.

Im not saying its the very first thing he does. Im just saying it is probably closer to the beginning. Everyone knows his introduction to gotham is through the football game. I just don't see him disclosing the harvey dent thing so late in the movie.
i think it's after gordon and the sewer

Also, with all of the hubbub and panic over the "ending", I haven't been able to talk up Bane as much as I should have...and it seems like some people don't care lol. But he is AWESOME and all of his scenes really are a sight to see. I love the voice, his appearance, his movements, and his actions.

He has some amazing lines of dialogue, and Batman throws an awesome one back at him in the end.

Thank you. :up: It's been feeling like the poor guy has been getting thrust towards the back lately. And he's arguably the main catalyst for bringing everything and everyone together, as well as probably the main reason as to how the characters react. Much like The Joker was the same sort of catalyst in TDK.

Thank you. :up: It's been feeling like the poor guy has been getting thrust towards the back lately. And he's arguably the main catalyst for bringing everything and everyone together, as well as probably the main reason as to how the characters react. Much like The Joker was the same sort of catalyst in TDK.

I'm interested in how the public at large will react to Bane. I could see him being overshadowed by Catwoman, even with Tom Hardy's performance.

Jesus, it's so late here and I'm sick like a dog, but I'm here worrying about this film :dry:

Shape, did you ever find Bane hard to understand?

Jesus, it's so late here and I'm sick like a dog, but I'm here worrying about this film :dry:

No sense in worrying about it. There is nothing you can do to change the plot so might as well go in with low expectations about the ending and just enjoy the ride

In fact, its probably better now that everyone expects disappointment. Now, they can only be pleasantly surprised. This has helped temper the expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"