The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm saying it seems like you're using the same tactics the X3 writers did, a statement that really dosent have anything to do with the overall quality of either X3 or TDKR. Most can and will most likely end up loving TDKR's ending. Still, IMO, I think you're doing a similar damage control tactic as the X3 writers did.

That being said, I imagine that once again you're gonna erroneously try to imply that I think TDKR will be of the same quality as X3.

I was simply trying to explain that the two scenarios (people being nervous about Cyclops, people nervous about this ending) are not comparable. They just aren't. It doesn't even boil down to the quality of the films.

And I don't need to do damage control. I don't work for WB. I'm not getting any monetary compensation for posting here. Most of the things I write are my opinion (just like your original post about this and, well, nearly everyone's posts here). I wasn't aware I had to place an "IMO" after every one of my posts about the ending.

Having said that, some people have just been flat out wrong about specific details or versions of the way things go down, or some have things twisted out of context. You just don't know it yet.

I dunno either. It was apparently so difficult that all people got from my statements were "Ohmygod he thinks TDKR is gonna be like Last Standzzzz!"

Damage Control is Damage Control. Whether its used on a good movie like this one, or a crappy one like X3.

Its not damage control until people see the movie and hate it. Right now all it is is, just wait to see the movie before judging. You know, it could be that after the movie is all said in done, any other ending wouldn't make sense.

I dunno either. It was apparently so difficult that all people got from my statements were "Ohmygod he thinks TDKR is gonna be like Last Standzzzz!"

Damage Control is Damage Control. Whether its used on a good movie like this one, or a crappy one like X3.

Anddddd again you're missing the point and generalizing things more than I ever did.

Shape If I can be so bold as to ask you another question (and hey! I haven't seen this asked before :p) but I'm very curious about
a bit of violence in the movie. I'm seriously a chicken about some scenes even in PG-13 movies, and like the pencil trick in TDK made me very nervous. But anyways, I read that Bane does something pretty bad to a wallstreet guy. Not sure if that's the bit with the helmet we've seen in a trailer. But can you tell me if there's something shown there that might be a bit intense? I also know about the stabbing, but I also hear nothing much is shown there? Is it more akin to how the Joker/Gambol bit was shown onscreen?

Don't we normally have more people on this specific thread around this time of the day?lol

Anyways, can't believe that come next week, we'll all have the privilege of seeing the film for ourselves instead of hounding theShape for several questions; real props to you for even taking the time to answer them. =)

Honestly, I'm just glad that regardless of what happens at the end of the film, whether Batman dies or not, whether he ends up alone or not, whether Blake is implied to be this or that.....that we'll be getting our first comic book film trilogy where there's a definite end in sight.

Which MTV music? Honestly, music questions are the toughest to answer after only one viewing of TDKR. It's hard to match it all up and recall specific tracks.

It's the music used on the MTV trailer and the Nokia trailer. I can link it if you need to hear it.

Shape If I can be so bold as to ask you another question (and hey! I haven't seen this asked before :p) but I'm very curious about
a bit of violence in the movie. I'm seriously a chicken about some scenes even in PG-13 movies, and like the pencil trick in TDK made me very nervous. But anyways, I read that Bane does something pretty bad to a wallstreet guy. Not sure if that's the bit with the helmet we've seen in a trailer. But can you tell me if there's something shown there that might be a bit intense? I also know about the stabbing, but I also hear nothing much is shown there? Is it more akin to how the Joker/Gambol bit was shown onscreen?

Yeah, I wanna know how brutal Bane is.

He is not insulting you. He is simply making a point about why wording on the internet makes it sound worse than it is. Personally, I love this ending. I could see how Nolan could make it really cool.

No you are missing the point. It's the fact that the info was true, regardless if it was worded to his liking. That's what needed to get across. Whether it does it justice or not, it's what happens. Yes, the ending will be great and everyone will leave awed. Most of us know this by now.

Don't we normally have more people on this specific thread around this time of the day?lol

Anyways, can't believe that come next week, we'll all have the privilege of seeing the film for ourselves instead of hounding theShape for several questions; real props to you for even taking the time to answer them. =)

Honestly, I'm just glad that regardless of what happens at the end of the film, whether Batman dies or not, whether he ends up alone or not, whether Blake is implied to be this or that.....that we'll be getting our first comic book film trilogy where there's a definite end in sight.

Amen. It's been a long time coming. X-Men, Blade, and Spider-Man failed to deliver. I've been waiting a long time for this moment in the genre.

Some of the "violence" comes off as more intense, but like TDK, there's very little blood or gore shown.

I was simply trying to explain that the two scenarios (people being nervous about Cyclops, people nervous about this ending) and not comparable. They just aren't. It doesn't even boil down to the quality of the films.

My main point was that just like the X3 writers trying to use different wording on the same "Fact" that people find fault with, it seemed like you were doing the same here. I'm going to emphasize the word "Seemed".

And I don't need to do damage control. I don't work for WB. I'm not getting any monetary compensation for posting here. Most of the things I write are my opinion (just like your original post about this and, well, nearly everyone's posts here). I wasn't aware I had to place an "IMO" after every one of my posts about the ending.

I never said you had to post an "IMO", but alright.

Having said that, some people have just been flat out wrong about specific details or versions of the way things go down, or some have things twisted out of context. You just don't know it yet.

And then again, some people might know all this and not be excited about certain "facts". For example, no matter the context or detail, some people still don't like that Two Face died at the end of TDK.

No you are missing the point. It's the fact that the info was true, regardless if it was worded to his liking. That's what needed to get across. Whether it does it justice or not, it's what happens. Yes, the ending will be great and everyone will leave awed. Most of us know this by now.

This.

I'm sure I'm gonna love the ending, though.

Goodbye everyone. See you next Friday!

It's been fun, and sometimes frustrating, but mostly fun following the production of the film and then the marketing. Even if I dislike the ending, which now seems likely, which I had great hopes for [blackout]it to be atypical Hollywood[/blackout], it doesn't mean there's some other stuff I won't appreciate. There's lots! And maybe not everyone will interpret the ending the same...just like TDK. Almost no one expected [blackout]Batman to be shelved for 8 years following TDK.[/blackout] Bye!

Goodbye everyone. See you next Friday!

It's been fun, and sometimes frustrating, but mostly fun following the production of the film and then the marketing. Even if I dislike the ending, which now seems likely, which I had great hopes for [blackout]it to be atypical Hollywood[/blackout], it doesn't mean there's some other stuff I won't appreciate. There's lots! And maybe not everyone will interpret the ending the same...just like TDK. Almost no one expected [blackout]Batman to be shelved for 8 years following TDK.[/blackout] Bye!

You do know that theShape kept saying you were wrong with a lot but you continued to ignore him. So ya go in with hating the ending rather then keeping an open mind. You've been picking and choosing what you want to hear.

I remember that X3 debacle, I was pro Cyclops haha. That was some fun.

Kind of confused here....

for those who have actually seen the Dave Lettermen incident...

Did he open his joke off with "Batman dies"...or was it like how one of the mods had said (FilmJ...) on how Letterman had actually started with Batman doesn't die?

After all this controversy about the ending, it should be REALLY interesting to read the novelization. I wasn't planning on it, but now am even after I see it. The novelization would probably shed more light on Nolan's point.

Kind of confused here....

for those who have actually seen the Dave Lettermen incident...

Did he open his joke off with "Batman dies"...or was it like how one of the mods had said (FilmJ...) on how Letterman had actually started with Batman doesn't die?

I can't remember but I think he said that Batman dies and then he took it back. Something like that. It wasn't really a big deal IMO. It was just a joke but just a bad one because of TDKR's nature.

I remember that X3 debacle, I was pro Cyclops haha. That was some fun.

It was fun and torture at the same time.

It was nice that so many people rally behind a character who hasnt always gotten the respect they deserved, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95