The Dark Knight Rises TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i'm am relaxed. It's just the s word. You know, like when someone says holy ****! It doesn't mean they are being aggressive.

I know, it's hilarious isn't it. He is the very definition of... well, i won't say it. But you know what i mean, don't you? :D
Eh, let this guy slide. You'll certainly be better for it. Don't feed the troll, as they say. :D

And nice avvy, by the way.

Eh, let this guy slide. You'll certainly be better for it. Don't feed the troll, as they say. :D

Thanks fella. And yea, i'm done here. I enjoy verbal jousting, but the guy has done the hard work for me, I think everyone can see his true colours right now.

This whole debate was over, me and other posters were talking about Nolan's Bat films. Then BOOM out of nowhere you come in all arrogant. What was your line "When someone says Avengers writing was better than Nolan's Bat films writing i've gotta tell them what's what" or something.

And what is so wrong with that notion? TDK was nominated for numerous "Best Adapted Screenplay" awards, including the WGA. The Avengers, in all likelihood, will not be. I don't see how it is so blasphemous to state that in terms of writing and characterisation, Avengers may be good but is simply not on the same level as TDK.

Ripping my hair out and getting my panties in a bunch? Errrmm no? I'm perfectly calm. I think anyone else watching this thread can see it's you who is getting a little bit too passionate.

How charming. Trust me, you're coming off worse in this debate than me fella, just by your overbearing arrogant attitude, whether you're making good points or not is irrelevant. Didn't your mother ever tell you "It's not what you say, it's how you say it?"

Oh sure, with words like "fella", "overbearing", "arrogant" and the condescending "didn't your mother" schtick, you sure are a beacon of zen and civility.

I saw Avengers on opening day, EVERYONE went silent when TDKR trailer came on.

As for the film.

A good movie, but incredible overrated. The first half (aside from putting the team together) had very little relevancy/dragged on. EX. the background info on Black Widow, Loki and Thor brotherhood re-cap, Gamma Ray research, Hawkeye becoming bad, Loki's power to turn people on his side, ALL OF THAT WAS IRRELEVANT!!!!!

and i found every single scene in the movie was seen in the trailer.

The last half was awesome though. the entire movie was basically this last battle.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS 93% FRESH ON ROTTEN TOMATOES and 8.8 on IMDB.. it's a 7.7/7.8 out of 10 movie.

Except, you know, this is a Batman forum and not a place to discuss Avengers.

The last 2 or 3 pages of this thread have been a wildly off topic exercise in saying the same thing over and over again with a slight hint of minor variables thrown in.

I tell you though... that TDKR Trailer... Wow.

And what is so wrong with that notion? TDK was nominated for numerous "Best Adapted Screenplay" awards, including the WGA. The Avengers, in all likelihood, will not be. I don't see how it is so blasphemous to state that in terms of writing and characterisation, Avengers may be good but is simply not on the same level as TDK.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

You or I are not the bearers of the ultimate truth here, we're giving opinions. Difference is, only one of us realises that fact.

Oh sure, with words like "fella", "overbearing", "arrogant" and the condescending "didn't your mother" schtick, you sure are a beacon of zen and civility.

Fella? That's the same as mate, or pal. That's just how i speak.

And you are being arrogant. And yes, it is not about what you say, it's how you say it. You're saying things like "Who are you to demand an explanation from me!" doesn't look good man, just saying.

Let's get back on topic, folks.

I apologise for all this man. I was just defending myself from an attack, trying to be as civil as possible. I'll just ignore him now.

Anyway yea, Selina looks awesome in this. But did anyone else notice a distinct lack of Talia in the trailer?

Eh. Think you got the person who's the troll rather confused in this case.

Anyway yea, Selina looks awesome in this. But did anyone else notice a distinct lack of Talia in the trailer?

I think so. I'm still surprised by the fact that this is the first we've seen of Morgan Freeman in a trailer.

But did anyone else notice a distinct lack of Talia in the trailer?

I think they believe she is still a secret, and she probably is to general audiences who don't spy on set pics like us nerds, so they're down playing her for the surprise factor.

True. But i mean even in the last one we say her as Tate. Strange there wasn't any more footage of that.

I apologise for all this man. I was just defending myself from an attack, trying to be as civil as possible. I'll just ignore him now.

That's if Talia is even in the film...;)

It was smart, kept the focus on Batman, Bane, and Selina. There was also a lack of Gordon, but I doubt his role will be small.

This thread quickly went down the drain. :lmao:

Look, I disagree and agree with points on both sides. For instance, The Avengers' plot was indeed simplistic and it had more than three heavy 'Deus Ex Machina' scenes but then again it was a CBM. That's expected every now and then. BB and TDK had it's 'Deus Ex Machina' scenes too. However, Whedon made it extremely obvious. There's no way anyone can deny that.

Morningstar, you're right on the money about the characterizations, witty one-liners and character interactions. I've seen the movie twice now, and they were absolutely brilliant. Yet, I disagree with your comment regarding Nolan being unable to 'inspire'. As a fan who has dissected the film 1000x now, I couldn't disagree with you more.

This thread quickly went down the drain. :lmao:

Look, I disagree and agree with points on both sides. For instance, The Avengers' plot was indeed simplistic and it had more than three heavy 'Deus Ex Machina' scenes but then again it was a CBM. That's expected every now and then. BB and TDK had it's 'Deus Ex Machina' scenes too. However, Whedon made it extremely obvious. There's no way anyone can deny that.

Morningstar, you're right on the money about the characterizations, witty one-liners and character interactions. I've seen the movie twice now, and they were absolutely brilliant. Yet, I disagree with your comment regarding Nolan being unable to 'inspire'. As a fan who has dissected the film 1000x now, I couldn't disagree with you more.

Did i mention anything about Nolan not inspiring? I don't remember. If i did, i disagree with myself!

I thought the ending to Begins was very inspiring. Loved the line "It's not who were are, it's what we do" or whatever it was. Very good.

Did i mention anything about Nolan not inspiring? I don't remember. If i did, i disagree with myself!

I thought the ending to Begins was very inspiring. Loved the line "It's not who were are, it's what we do" or whatever it was. Very good.

''It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.'' :)

lol that's it. I sorta got the jist of it. Haven't seen Begins in a while.

Might have been a couple pages back but I'm too lazy right now. :hehe: Eh, it's not too important.

I don't know how this thread got so derailed but The Avengers, in my opinion, was a great CBM. I positively plan on buying it on DVD.

Nolan's dialogue sometimes can send shocks down one's spine. It's why I love Nolan's writing.

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time!"

I can understand why someone would say that Nolan's dialogue is overly expository, but his films are still very, very well written.

This thread is closed. Everyone knows that the TDKR trailer is playing with the AVENGERS now....and people can not talk about it without arguing the same old US VS THEM crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"