The #1 Live Action Design That Looks BETTER Than The Comics

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
I picked the top 10 best/most common answers from the previous thread and made a poll.

So which of the improved live action designs is THE best one of all?

The biggest improvements were Vulture and Bane. But I really liked how they updated the Joker and Wonder Woman (And I still think Iron Man, at least in the first three or so movies, was pretty faithful).

I voted Vulture though, because he was the only one who looked lame in the comics and now looks awesome.

The biggest improvements were Vulture and Bane. But I really liked how they updated the Joker and Wonder Woman (And I still think Iron Man, at least in the first three or so movies, was pretty faithful).

I voted Vulture though, because he was the only one who looked lame in the comics and now looks awesome.

That's pretty much what it came down to for me as well. Comics Vulture looks terrible, movie version looks great.

Have to go with Wonder Woman.

Now of course she sports that look in the comics as well.

Burton Batman, but since he's not on the list, I'll have to vote Nolan Batman.

Burton Batman, but since he's not on the list, I'll have to vote Nolan Batman.

I was gonna include him but I didn't want to include the same character twice.

Have to go with Wonder Woman.

Now of course she sports that look in the comics as well.

If people complain, 'This character looks different in the movies to the comics,' - but then the comics start using that design....where do fans stand on that?

People complained that the X-Men wore black leather costumes in the movies. Then they started wearing black leather costumes in the comics.

You can't say something isn't faithful to the comic if the comic starts doing it too.

If people complain, 'This character looks different in the movies to the comics,' - but then the comics start using that design....where do fans stand on that?

People complained that the X-Men wore black leather costumes in the movies. Then they started wearing black leather costumes in the comics.

You can't say something isn't faithful to the comic if the comic starts doing it too.

Interesting point. The same thing happened with Blade, who other than being black originally looked nothing like he did in the Snipes movies. He certainly wasn't a martial artist, he carried wooded throwing knives instead of a katana, and he had no superhuman abilities other than being immune to vampire bites.

5767c22bfa7e499829232ec374ce93a8.jpg

latest

latest
The first genuine all-out MCU improvement to the designs.

I forget the timeline as far as when costumes were revealed.
Jason Fabok did this years before the movie.
fabok3.png

In much the same way Iron Man's suit was already modernized by the same guy who ended up doing the movie concept art.

This one is tough, in my opinion they are all improvements from the comics even though they all take their inspiration from them.

Vulture & Wolverine are probably is the biggest improvement, but I think I'd give it to Wolverine. Given the nature of the character, yellow & blue spandex would have made it extremely hard to take him seriously..

The Vulture.
Others like Wonder Woman costume (Greek Warrior) has appeared in the comics.

I forget the timeline as far as when costumes were revealed.
Jason Fabok did this years before the movie.
fabok3.png

In much the same way Iron Man's suit was already modernized by the same guy who ended up doing the movie concept art.

Here's another question for you: does it matter which came first?

Here's another question for you: does it matter which came first?

In terms of the question being asked, it certainly matters if a design isn't that far off from what's already been presented in the comics. For me slight adjustments aren't enough to claim it's the best improvement.
Like MCU Cap or DCEU Batman as much as I love the looks.

I voted for MCU Vulture since he looks so much more intimidating and potentially realistic than his unitard-wearing comic counterpart.

I guess Vulture. With the others, there are different pros and cons but Vulture is the only one in the poll that's a complete improvement over the comics in every possible way.

I disagree. The Vulture looks cooler in the movie, but the comic version gets the point of his character across better. He is a bitter, scrawny, nasty old man.

I disagree. The Vulture looks cooler in the movie, but the comic version gets the point of his character across better. He is a bitter, scrawny, nasty old man.

Which I always found ridiculous anyway. You said it yourself, he's a scrawny old man. The fact that his arthritic ass would even stand a chance against a man with superhuman powers is laughable. Keaton's Toomes nailed the bitter aspect of the character just fine to me.

Which I always found ridiculous anyway. You said it yourself, he's a scrawny old man. The fact that his arthritic ass would even stand a chance against a man with superhuman powers is laughable. Keaton's Toomes nailed the bitter aspect of the character just fine to me.

Nothing bitter about Keaton's Vulture. He's a working class guy who has been screwed over and has become a criminal as a response. The point of the Vulture is that he's old. The comic version conveys this, the movie one doesn't.

Nothing bitter about Keaton's Vulture. He's a working class guy who has been screwed over and has become a criminal as a response. The point of the Vulture is that he's old. The comic version conveys this, the movie one doesn't.

They were never going to faithfully adapt the comic book version of Vulture, they probably viewed it as too childish.

These movies aren't just being made for children anymore.

I'm going with one who isn't on the list: Doc Ock. He's not a visually pleasing character in the comics, especially in his early years, but the SM2 version managed to take the concept and make it look menacing.

I guess Vulture. With the others, there are different pros and cons but Vulture is the only one in the poll that's a complete improvement over the comics in every possible way.
Disagree a brooding John Malkovich would have been perfect for the role. They just completely missed the mark. I hate that movie btw so maybe I'm not as subjective.

Agree with your disagreement. They totally bypass the beauty of his character he's this old and unkempt limp old man trying to find his fountain of youth. For some to say the comics version wouldn't work are being naive imo.

I dig all of these choices, but I equally dig their comic book counterparts. I think the only one I could say was an out and out improvement would be TDKR Bane. Great design that I feel works better for the character than the Mexican wrestler look (which I still like).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"