The 26th James Bond Film

When I tell people, that ATJ could be the next Bond, they ask: who?
He hasn’t had a big leading role in a movie yet (except, well, Kraven)
Well, there was Kick-Ass although I keep imagining those movies are a lot more popular than they actually are. Both of those combined have a WW gross of about $160 million. He was also technically the lead in Godzilla but that really doesn't count since nobody ever watches those movies for the humans.

Either way, I think the more famous ATJ right now is:

2218cd9d3d1df52b83f097fa3370bc9ec12f599d.gif

I say let her play Bond. :o

That is true but for some reason, I feel like Brosnan was pretty well-known when he was cast as Bond, despite mostly starring in some made-for-USA-network garbage movies at the time. Maybe I just knew who he was though because my parents used to watch Remington Steele.

No offence but ATJ has done more high-profile work than Brosnan did pre-Goldeneye.
True but being in more high profile movies ≠ being a household name. Take Andy Serkis for example. He's been in Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, two Marvel movies that each grossed $1B and a Batman movie to name a few. He's revered among film and genre nerds but I can promise you that the average moviegoer couldn't tell you his name if you showed them a picture of him.

What the devil has happened to this thread lately? Talk about derailed

Is it bad that I only know Taylor-Johnson from the Godzilla movie and more specifically, the trailer? It was an awesome trailer though...that halo jump scene was something else.

That first Gareth Edwards' Godzilla movie is amazing. That sense of scale alone is worth it. I look at the trailer of the new Godzilla x Kong and I want to rip my eyes out.

Well, there was Kick-Ass although I keep imagining those movies are a lot more popular than they actually are. Both of those combined have a WW gross of about $160 million. He was also technically the lead in Godzilla but that really doesn't count since nobody ever watches those movies for the humans.

Ok, he was the leading man in kick-Ass…but that was 11 years ago.
And the lead in Godzilla was Godzilla.

I feel the same. Despite him having some kind of talent.
Boring choice, definitely.
I don't think he's 100% right for 007 either. Him often trying to be the edgiest guy in the room, doesn't really blend in with James Bond.

Exactly. ATJ doesn’t strike me as Bond. He comes across more like someone edgy or tough rather than smooth and debonair. That’s to say I can picture him as a Bond villain, but not Bond himself. To me it would be like casting Mel Gibson as Bond.

From how Kraven will likely be received, I don’t see him getting it.

My choice is a very obvious one when looking at British actors of a certain age - and perhaps very safe - Nicholas Hoult. He has an old Hollywood charm about him. He’s routinely turned in fantastic performances ever since he was a child actor. When he’s in a suit, I see a young James Bond. X-Men showed he’s well capable of action films.

That said - unsure how him playing Lex Luthor would impact that. As I don’t think the producers will want the same guy playing James Bond to also be known as playing an iconic villain in another franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"