The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
In here: https://youtu.be/-mbwC6W2Qq4 James Wan says that we see Atlantis for the first time with Arthur. But, in Justice League Arthur has already been to Atlantis, right? So are they retconning or does this take place before JL?

Or it might be a flashback.

In JL, we see a flashback scene of Atlantis as it existed before getting submerged to Ocean depths. The ruins underwater (pillars and stone structures) we saw in JL were ruins of old city of Atlantis, where the motherbox was kept, that part was situated outside of the 'modern Atlantis.'

I hope they do a flashback that shows the sinking of Atlantis in detail. Not painted like the history lesson in WW.

Loved the trailer. I've been onboard with this production since day 1 and I'm glad the trailer didn't disappoint. I like that they went full on fantastical adventure. Big thumbs up.

The 5 pointed "trident" always bothered me. Like it was change for the sake of change because I guess 5 is cooler than 3?

aquaman1.jpg

3008489-aquaman_0001.jpg

SPAquaman1003.jpg

So it looks like from the article that Arthur and Mera set out on a quest to find Atlan's trident. To find it they must go to each of the 7 kingdoms and get a clue which will send them to the next one.

So...it's a Legend of Zelda game. Super.

The 5 pointed "trident" always bothered me. Like it was change for the sake of change because I guess 5 is cooler than 3?

Technically they're all just spears. 5 pointed spear = quindent. 3 pointed spear = trident

Unite the seven!

ybIySXH.gif

I just realized that throne is a giant squid.

The design for this movie is unreal.

Also, it's going to be interesting to see why Arthur never took his place in Atlantis. He was clearly in the process of doing so as a young man.

I just realized that throne is a giant squid.

The design for this movie is unreal.

Also, it's going to be interesting to see why Arthur never took his place in Atlantis. He was clearly in the process of doing so as a young man.

Yeah it's really cool with the tentacles wrapping around 2 columns. I love cool and weird things like that. Really looking forward to see all the creatures of the 7 kingdoms.

I think this movie could do really well internationally with all the people who are into sea food and the ocean haha

I don't know, I kinda like the Quindent more than the Trident.

The 5 pointed Trident isnt a Trident, and it was never supposed to be Arthur's Trident (as in the one from the comics) anyways. Only the ruler of Atlantis has the Trident and he isnt the ruler of Atlantis yet.

You really don’t know what you’re talking about :funny:

Nice try though:up:

Real life undersea images taken in not so deep sea, look like the pic below, So, I would say Aquman's vfx effects are almost there.

Little-Manly-Cove-Manly-Scuba-Diving1.jpg

Haha yeah I read that.

"James Wan and the entire crew and their research are wrong and I am right."

Is that even how pearls and sunlight and underwater work? And even then The pearl would have to be close enough to the surface to catch that sunlight, so close that humans would've discovered it a looong time ago. And how big would this Pearl Sun need to be to illuminate all the seven seas? Or would there be seven pearly suns?

Silly.

What an obnoxious set of people... civil chats and sharing ideas isn't a thing now... can see this thread is moderated well.

Unite the seven!

ybIySXH.gif

Wonder who that is.

So it looks like from the article that Arthur and Mera set out on a quest to find Atlan's trident. To find it they must go to each of the 7 kingdoms and get a clue which will send them to the next one.

Nice twist to an origin story. Wonder who rules the trench..

It's Arthur. When he gets the trident, his hair turns blonde like the comics for some reason.

I really hope this movie nails those Indiana Jones/Uncharted scenes. I'm just as excited for that as I am for the underwater stuff.

You know the five points is actually accurate to the comics right?

Actually no thanks for pointing out. The only comics I have ever read is manga. In any case this is not called a trident. Just call it something else. I would call it a royal pitchfork. :) No trident has five prongs. When there are any number but three, it ceases to be a trident whether it’s in the original comic or not.

I don’t recall the weapon being called in JL btw so good for them. Or they could’ve someone called it a trident then flash makes another joke about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"