DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

I don't. I want someone good. Like Michael Cera.

I was making a tongue in cheek shatterstar reference with that post, they can’t all be winners!

But seriously, if he’s already spoken publicly about it, it won’t be him. That’s just how it works apparently.

But seriously, if he’s already spoken publicly about it, it won’t be him. That’s just how it works apparently.

I find the case for that unconvincing. For any given role, most eligible actors won't publicly express interest, so the odds are against the role happening to go to someone who publicly expressed interest. It doesn't follow that them doing that hurt their chances.

What I do think is probably true is that saying you want to be Nightwing on Twitter, etc. doesn't help matters any. Unless you're some megastar the studio would want to pursue, you can't publicly say you want a role and expect them to come to you. You need to make contact with the studio and audition like always. So if these actors putting it out there that they want a role think that's enough and don't go through the proper channels, then yeah, they've sunk their chances.

To be honest, if Thwaites knocks it out of the part, I could give a **** less who plays Nightwing in this movie. This could be another Gustin/Miller situation where the tv guy is so much better than the movie guy.

It would be great if the Titans series is a big hit and DC actually takes the unprecedented step of using Thwaites' Grayson in a film. But I know that will never happen because it makes too much sense. Why have one actor playing Dick Grayson when you could have like, 7? That won't confuse anyone!

It would be great if the Titans series is a big hit and DC actually takes the unprecedented step of using Thwaites' Grayson in a film. But I know that will never happen because it makes too much sense. Why have one actor playing Dick Grayson when you could have like, 7? That won't confuse anyone!

No thanks. I’d rather they not be restricted to a pre existing universe rather than forging their own thing.

Its already confirmed that it’s not DCEU though because we now know that Cyborg will pop up in Doom Patrol and then he’ll be in Titans season 2 as well. According to Hashtag show, who have been spot on with their Titans news

The future of the DCEU is standalone movies: Why things probably won’t change much

Last year before Justice League came out, DC presidents Geoff Johns and Diane Nelson told Vulture that the DCEU would be focusing on standalone stories going forward. The movies wouldn’t be building towards a bigger story in the way that Batman v Superman did. But the DCEU got a new boss in Walter Hamada earlier this year, and Johns and Nelson both left DC last month. So what’s the current plan?

According to scooper @DanielRPK, “The future is standalone, with very few crossovers.” So the plan put in place by Geoff Johns last year appears to be sticking with the new people in charge. But before fans get upset, I want to explain why things probably won’t change much at all when compared to the last five years of the DCEU.

It all started in 2013 when Man of Steel hit theaters. That movie was made in 2011, before Christopher Nolan even completed his Dark Knight Trilogy, and there were no plans for the DCEU that we have today. Man of Steel was a standalone movie. Suicide Squad was a standalone movie, with just a reference to Superman’s death from Batman v Superman to tie the stories together. Wonder Woman was a standalone movie, with just a reference to Bruce Wayne’s letter from Batman v Superman. Aquaman will be a standalone movie, with just a mention of the events from Justice League. And Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984 will be standalone movies when they hit theaters next year.

The only movie that was really made to set up a future movie or bigger overall story was Batman v Superman. That movie had references not only to Justice League but to Justice League 2 as well, according to director Zack Snyder. It’s a perfect example of why Warner Bros. shouldn’t “world build” too soon. Not only could it hurt the story that you’re trying to tell, but it could lead to a lot of dead ends like the “Knightmare Batman” scene did.

So going forward, we’re not going to see movies like Batman v Superman. There won’t be movies “about another movie”, as Geoff Johns put it. We may see little cameos like the one that Henry Cavill’s Superman is rumored to have in Shazam, to remind fans that these characters all exist in the same universe, but we’re not going to be building to a bigger story or team-up movie in the way that Batman v Superman did with Justice League, or the Marvel movies did with Avengers: Infinity War.

Is there potential for the future? Absolutely. If Aquaman, Shazam, The Batman, The Flash, and others connect with audiences and critics the way that Wonder Woman did last year, you can bet that Warner Bros. will want to capitalize by putting them all in a big movie together. For now, the future of the DCEU is standalone movies with little crossover.

Are you happy with this approach? Or do you wish there was a plan to build towards a bigger story like a Justice League 2? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Last edited:
Rewatching Justice League, and one of the lines spoken by Diana was "The Atlantians were forced undersea, and the Amazonians to an island they can never leave."

My question is, why? Is there anything in DC Comics lore that specify why the Atlantians were forced undersea, and why the Amazonians are restricted to their island?

Are you happy with this approach? Or do you wish there was a plan to build towards a bigger story like a Justice League 2? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Honestly, a little disappointed. I get what they're doing and why, but at this rate by the time they're ready for the Justice League sequel the majority of cast members aren't going to be interested or will be showing their age.

Heck, even Affleck can't (seem) to decide what he wants to do at the moment, and we still need an introduction to the Lantern Corps. Personally, before we do see the Justice League sequel, I think we need Hawkgirl. The Justice League sequel could do with a second female character, and unless it's Jessica Cruz (which I wouldn't mind, but I expect the majority would want Hal) Hawkgirl is the only other founding member (original comics) that wouldn't feel out of place.

I also think DC/WB need to have a long-term plan. A solo Joker film, a solo Deadshot film, a solo Harley Quinn film. I just don't get their appeal remotely. I'm on board for the rumoured Gotham City Sirens / Birds of Prey projects, but otherwise I'd rather they focus on core characters.

At this rate, by the time Darksied gets here, everyone will be wondering what took him so long.

Dh7iywRW0Ak_Z14.jpg

Dh7izHbWAAA42RG.jpg

Any theories on what it could be?

He already said he didn’t want to do GL but he’d be amazing for it

Whoa, teasing a confirmed job before it's even announced? Risky.

I have to believe it's something sci-fi related, but it'd be interesting to see him branch out. Jones has great potential in this space.

Warcraft and Mute aside, Jones earned enough good will in my book for Moon and Source Code. I'd love to have him in the DCU.

Green Lantern actually sounds like a good bet. We know it's in active development, and it's right in Jones' wheelhouse (sci-fi).

Last edited:
If he said he doesn't want to do GLC idk if I'd believe him or not. My hope would be MoS2.

Two stinkers in a row were enough for me to be worried about this. Hope for the best but look what happened to Blomkamp.

As I said in another thread, I doubt it's a mainstream superhero property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"