All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think announcement of Affleck's departure is tied to the casting of a younger actor in a stand-alone Batman franchise. It's tied to Aquaman. If Aquaman gets positive fan and critics reception, they still may have plans for recasting of an older Batman (or even keeping Affleck, lol, who clearly wants out) for future DCFU films. Seeing how they still have plans for Leto while having a completely different Joker film, it's not really surprising.

It won’t. Aquaman is going to bomb. The DCEU is poison at the box office now, with the possible exception of Wonder Woman. The same people that stayed away in droves from Justice League will avoid Aquaman too. As far as the general, casual audience is concerned, the current DCEU that spawned from Snyder’s work is a ****show they want nothing to do with. The actual Aquaman film may well be okay, or even good, but it’s still going to fail at the box office. I just hope that when it does, both WB, and a lot of people on these boards, will accept that the show is over for this cinematic universe, and that a full reboot is needed.

In April. Rumor was they're going to be introducing a new costume and are tweaking his characterization. The claim was that he's gonna be introduced in Shazam to reintroduce him to audiences and see if there's interest in a new Superman flick.

Interesting. Thank you. I had not heard that. I guess more proof of conflicting reports since it was rumored not long ago they were looking into a director for MOS2 and possibly the films announcement as well.
I guess at this point we all just wait and see.

Just don't know what to think or how I feel anymore. Hope for the best I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"