All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfff... I hope WB boots his ass off future DC films.

I have very mixed feelings about Johns, to say the least. . . but I'd still rather have him as the creative lead than Snyder.

Jared Leto's message for people who didn't enjoy his performance as Joker.

“Was I focused when doing all of these scenes? Of course. You’re stepping into big shoes. Look. You work the way you work. I work the way I work. You can kiss my ass if you don’t like it. I’m talking to the public. You know.”

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/09/3...s-my-ass-to-anyone-who-doesnt-like-his-joker/

tumblr_opdz5odC7E1usws96o6_540.gif

I have very mixed feelings about Johns, to say the least. . . but I'd still rather have him as the creative lead than Snyder.

Same here. I actually like Snyder, but overall I don't think he's good for the DCEU; not because I think he does a bad job (I really liked MoS and BvS) but because I want to see the DCEU flourish, and I don't think that will happen under his lead. I'm not a huge fan of Johns but I think he is the better man for the job.

Snyder is visually creative only. His storytelling is slipshod at best. Johns seems to have somewhat of a grasp of the basic tenets of storytelling.

Yeah, Johns main vice is that he is a super mega fanboy, and if bereft of editors, he will make dubious creative choices in the name of pushing his fan favorites. When he's got a strong editor, or is writing characters he doesn't super mega care about? He's a fine writer.

Apparently, Johns did the story for Aquaman and Green Lantern Corps while others wrote the script. I feel that is a good use of his talents. He provides a story outline while a screenwriter writes the actual script.

Apparently, Johns did the story for Aquaman and Green Lantern Corps while others wrote the script. I feel that is a good use of his talents. He provides a story outline while a screenwriter writes the actual script.

That's interesting. I think that Johns is a great plotter/ideas man but I'm not a huge fan of his actual writing (apart from Throne of Atlantis which is one of the best CBs I've ever read) so this news encourages me.

So nothing on Justice League Dark?

I really need to see Swamp Thing on the big screen.

Now that we are getting closer to JL's release date, maybe we'll start hearing in December, official dates on some of the more definite movies outside of Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

Talk about a long wait between JL and Aquaman. I bet they were hoping Flash was already in post production by now.

So nothing on Justice League Dark?

I really need to see Swamp Thing on the big screen.

Nothing that I've heard. I do feel WB/DC are keen to develop Swamp Thing though. There was obviously his appearance in the JLD animation, but there was also his otherwise completely pointless shoehorning in the recent Batman and Harley Quinn animation.

Having a DC film next summer would have been ideal. Perfectly tucked between JL and Aquaman.

I think it may help Aquaman being the only one, all the focus is on his film and may boost exposure and box office. I'm not sure what Marvel have next year aside from BP, given I don't follow the MCU.

MCU: Black Panther, Avengers Infinity War, and Ant-Man & The Wasp
Fox: The New Mutants, Deadpool 2, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix
WB: Aquaman

Aye in that case, DC/WB having two films out would have helped, I guess they'll miss having The Flash film as the summer release.

They didn't plan properly. Maybe starting in 2019 they will get on track.

At one point Affleck's The Batman was slated for a 2018 release according to Greg Silverman.

At one time Gotham City Sirens was also supposed to be 2018.

Nothing that I've heard. I do feel WB/DC are keen to develop Swamp Thing though. There was obviously his appearance in the JLD animation, but there was also his otherwise completely pointless shoehorning in the recent Batman and Harley Quinn animation.

I'd love that. Swampy has huge potential if done right.

honestly I'm ok with it. Better to take the time to get things right than to rush something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"