All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
that seemed pretty obvious ever since Flash is once again without a director, and of course all the Batman drama.

Hopefully 2019 makes up for it. A single film in one calendar year is incredibly disappointing for an expanding universe.

Right.

On one hand it is disappointing, but on the other hand it'd actually worry me a bit if they tried to get The Batman out by next year. Better to take their time.

I love reading whatever Patty Jenkins has to say about Wonder Woman. She really seems to get the appeal of characters like Diana and Clark.

I personally prefer the Superman from the Animated Series/JLTAS/JLU because he's generally a positive and cheerful character but his demeanor isn't one of a super happy go lucky celebrity. He's capable of being pensive and/or introspective with a few funny moments here and there (any episode with Mxyzptlyk for example).

Yes, that was a great characterisation.

Right.

On one hand it is disappointing, but on the other hand it'd actually worry me a bit if they tried to get The Batman out by next year. Better to take their time.

Yes, I'd rather have a longer wait but for them to have done a proper job.

And I can only imagine how much worse it would've been if they didn't take that extra time.

The 2019 "scheduled" Release Dates are:

April 5 - Shazam
June 14 - The Batman
Nov 1 - Untitled DC Film

I'm guessing April 5 and Nov 1 will be the Flash and Gotham City Sirens.

I honestly classify Shazam right alongside Gambit and Cyborg as "never going to happen".

JL 2 is put on an indefinite hold, correct?

I honestly classify Shazam right alongside Gambit and Cyborg as "never going to happen".

JL 2 is put on an indefinite hold, correct?

I also read today about a rumor that another villain cameoing in the JL. What's the point if JL2 is on hold?

I know things can change but if Affleck wants out, I don't see him wanting to film the Batman/JL2 back to back.

I also read today about a rumor that another villain cameoing in the JL. What's the point if JL2 is on hold?

I know things can change but if Affleck wants out, I don't see him wanting to film the Batman/JL2 back to back.

Can't help but get the feeling they crammed JL 2 into JL 1 due to uncertainty of the direction they want to go after Aquaman. It's telling that all the latest "announced" movies are all Batman-centric, or involving characters like Shazam, Lantern that aren't in the JL film. This film just has massive red flags all around it.

Shazam should happen because the character has a lot of potential.

2 Black Adam films announced and the Rock cast, pretty much means that Shazam is on the back burner.

I hope we get 3 movies in 2019 since we are only getting one in 2018. Man that year long wait for Aquaman is going to be a pain! Lol

I would have thought Shazam was tailor-made for the more fun-friendly approach.

The episodes I watched Superman was pretty much the main focal point and none of the leaguers appear on JLA without there been other supporting leaguers. So I'm not really sure what your point is there.

It very well may do but it doesn't mean MOS2 isn't happening or that WBs doesn't value Superman. Which us the point I'm making, it's not like you see a ton of people wearing Constantone merchandise.

I'm struggling to get what your point is tbh.

My point was that Superman has been very much reduced to a cameo character even on JLA where it's a variety show like some of the previous DC shows. 2 ep are about when he was the focus and those two involved him either being weakened or overpowered & a destructive force of nature. Heck, even the last two starred Zod and Brainiac respectively, but the ep were built on how the other available Leaguers took them on given Superman was coincidentally trapped.

A solo Superman sequel may be in the works, but it seems like they're in no "rush" (not nearly as much movement) compared to other projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"