All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best point I've ever seen. But common sense doesnt apply in this situation. Complaining will always be an issue. Its like Hydra, shut a few up and a dozen more pop up in their place. Best thing to do is ignore whiners if you like it and....nvm. I'm doing what Im against. Im making a point that will be releavant until like 2 pages later.

I don't think it's as black and white as what some of you think it might be. I think there's every possibility that we get something along the lines of a reboot, but still have the same actors playing the role. My prediction is after JL WB will essentially move on from the Snyder movies and stick to keeping the characters apart from one and other, locked away in their own little corner in the DCEU where there's no interaction with each other moving forward. Give directors like Matt Reeve, James Wan and, should he sign on, Matthew Vaughn free reign to take control of each characters part of the DCEU and let them do their own thing without having to worry about continuity, or cross overs, or whatever. Still call it the DCEU, still have the same actors, but just let them all do their own thing. Essentially, it's the best of both worlds, it's a reboot that simply ignores what happened in the Zack Snyder movies. Or, if you want a comparison, something along the lines of the first 3 Mad Max movies where the actor is the same but each story is its own thing that pays no attention to what came before.

I don't think it's as black and white as what some of you think it might be. I think there's every possibility that we get something along the lines of a reboot, but still have the same actors playing the role. My prediction is after JL WB will essentially move on from the Snyder movies and stick to keeping the characters apart from one and other, locked away in their own little corner in the DCEU where there's no interaction with each other moving forward. Give directors like Matt Reeve, James Wan and, should he sign on, Matthew Vaughn free reign to take control of each characters part of the DCEU and let them do their own thing without having to worry about continuity, or cross overs, or whatever. Still call it the DCEU, still have the same actors, but just let them all do their own thing. Essentially, it's the best of both worlds, it's a reboot that simply ignores what happened in the Zack Snyder movies. Or, if you want a comparison, something along the lines of the first 3 Mad Max movies where the actor is the same but each story is its own thing that pays no attention to what came before.

The very definition of 'soft reboot' and the thing that is 100% going to happen IMO.

This is pretty much what's going to happen under Emmerich and Berg. The only question becomes, if JUSTICE LEAGUE is a hit on all fronts and they still want to continue down this soft reboot route, what do you do about a second JUSTICE LEAGUE film, based on how much people liked the first one?

Mind you, I think JUSTICE LEAGUE will be divisive because that's who Snyder is and I love him for it...but what if? What if he fully delivers and it's everything that fans and WB hoped for and the critics come along for the ride as well?

You, in my opinion, have a slight problem on your hands if that happens.

For me, it matters not anyway. I'm done with the DC Universe after JUSTICE LEAGUE, if Snyder delivers on what I think he will.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 made a ton of money and they still rebooted it.

A lot of that was down to the sheer mess of both the film and the production relationships that were locked at the time of production to be fair.

According to Deadline, TASM2 only made a $70M profit on something that grossed over $700M. Add to the fact that Sony doesn't have any merchandising rights, it's no wonder they decided to work with MCU.

Random Thought: Given the amount of ink in the DCCU, what are the odds Wonder-woman has a tramp stamp?

I always like how people bring up Amazing Spiderman 2 as a glimmer of hope for a reboot lol. Like WB and SONY are in the same situation or like the DC universe and Spider-universe are similar in size.

The sooner people accept that the DCEU is here to stay, the better. Wishful thinking won't change anything.

Random Thought: Given the amount of ink in the DCCU, what are the odds Wonder-woman has a tramp stamp?

I'd say low considering it seems more of a David Ayer thing.

Now the upcoming Poison Ivy, and Catwoman in the other hand....

No matter how much people here may hate Snyder, if they continue this universe (which they will) there is simply no way they'll just ignore 3 of the first 5 films.

I always like how people bring up Amazing Spiderman 2 as a glimmer of hope for a reboot lol. Like WB and SONY are in the same situation or like the DC universe and Spider-universe are similar in size.

The sooner people accept that the DCEU is here to stay, the better. Wishful thinking won't change anything.

Correct, other studios wont stumble the way sony did.

Fans can curse that studio all they want - hoping all their movies bomb, or another hack from north korea - but not happening is not happening.

No matter how much people here may hate Snyder, if they continue this universe (which they will) there is simply no way they'll just ignore 3 of the first 5 films, at first.

Fixed :D

Long term I can't see them checking continuity that Marvel does.

Given now we know Reverse Flash is in the DCEU, who would people suggest as a decent call on casting ?

So someone want to explain why Sony is in such a bad place?! They do seem to keep screwing up their movies but I don't know why.

So someone want to explain why Sony is in such a bad place?! They do seem to keep screwing up their movies but I don't know why.

Variety reported that they lost almost $1B in last year's quarter.

Even without the DCEU, WB has Harry Potter. Outside of Bond and Spider-Man (That they needed MCU to bail them out of), they really don't have any marquee franchises. I think of lot of fans think it's funny that Sony is still trying to do something with Venom.

Last edited:
Variety reported that they lost almost $1B in last year's quarter.

Even without the DCEU, WB has Harry Potter and Jurassic World. Outside of Bond and Spider-Man (That they needed MCU to bail them out of), they really don't have any marquee franchises. I think of lot of fans think it's funny that Sony is still trying to do something with Venom.

I don't think that JW is with WB. I think JW is with Paramount or Universal.

Just to tack on the Sony comments. They're so desperate for a franchise that as recently as Saturday there was a story stating they intended to move forward with some portion of the Ghostbusters franchise. . . .

Let Sony move forward they think Venom / Ghostbusters will save them but nope it will only be the cause of their destruction & I hope MARVEL does not ****ing bail them out again like they did this time next time LET THEM CRASH & BURN MARVEL

Sony Pictures will cease to exist in a couple of years. It's only a matter of time before they're bought out.

^ they'll be part of the assets listed during the sale. Depends on who buys the studio.

No matter how much people here may hate Snyder, if they continue this universe (which they will) there is simply no way they'll just ignore 3 of the first 5 films.

Why not? If JL leaves as big a stench on your franchise your best move is to act like it never happened. In fact it's the most logical course of action because if people don't react well to JL and follow up movies continue to be associated with that vision then the DCEU is going to be catering to an ever decreasing audience, and they can't afford to allow that to happen. It's happened time and time again with the James Bond series, they essentially just move on from a bad movie, or series of bad movies, and act like it never happened.

^ they'll be part of the assets listed during the sale. Depends on who buys the studio.

Can they actually sell something that is not technically theirs ? They are essentially renting the rights as if they don't make a movie in a certain amount of time it reverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"