All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Studio is truly "passionate" about a franchise because they love the character and not because it's a potential cash cow?

But I will say this. MOS came out in 2013. Almost immediately they announced a sequel, that morphed into BvS. It's 2017. There is no MOS sequel to be released in 2018 and unlikely in 2019. So we are talking about 5-6 years since MOS and there's no official sequel date outside of "they want to do it."

However, from the outside looking in. Superman doesn't seem like a priority.

Superman isn't a priority right now, and he shouldn't be. From very early on, Snyder and WB believed that Superman is the foundation of the DCCU, and from establishing him, the cinematic universe can continue to expand outwards. So that's the priority right now. With Superman's initial arc complete with JL, the DCCU now wants to invest in its other characters. And, even then, there's already been talk of a Superman solo film that may be announced following his return in JL in November. I don't need Superman to be a priority either. Let Wonder Woman and Batman have their solo films. Give Aquaman, Flash, Shazam, Green Lantern, and other characters some focus and attention. Let there be another Superman film when the timing and the story is right.

Superman isn't a priority right now, and he shouldn't be. From very early on, Snyder and WB believed that Superman is the foundation of the DCCU, and from establishing him, the cinematic universe can continue to expand outwards. So that's the priority right now. With Superman's initial arc complete with JL, the DCCU now wants to invest in its other characters. And, even then, there's already been talk of a Superman solo film that may be announced following his return in JL in November. I don't need Superman to be a priority either. Let Wonder Woman and Batman have their solo films. Give Aquaman, Flash, Shazam, Green Lantern, and other characters some focus and attention. Let there be another Superman film when the timing and the story is right.

Absolutely spot on!

Doesn't mean they're not passionate about him at al. He's the foundation for the DCEU. They are building a universe. Haters just want to **** on anyway they can.

What Studio is truly "passionate" about a franchise because they love the character and not because it's a potential cash cow?

IMO, Marvel Studios.

Sure, they're definitely trying to make money off of those properties, but I have no doubt Kevin Feige and co. actually care about the characters they choose to adapt. And you can see it in the way they pick the creative teams for their projects, and the way they turn B, C, or D list characters into hit movies.

IMO, Marvel Studios.

Sure, they're definitely trying to make money off of those properties, but I have no doubt Kevin Feige and co. actually care about the characters they choose to adapt. And you can see it in the way they pick the creative teams for their projects, and the way they turn B, C, or D list characters into hit movies.

They are in the very fortunate position to only have to think, devise, produce CBM films, nothing else is on their horizon.

So, with that fact in mind, you'd think they'd be able to add variation to their output, rather than regurgitate the same formula 14+ times over.

john berg, geoff johns, zack Snyder, or whoever is actually in charge of D.C. films don't have to worry about other films either.

I do agree that the fact they've been able to produce 15 movies come May giving each film its own tone is impressive. They clearly are passionate and want to make money so they can make more movies. Their success is borderline unprecedent at this point.

john berg, geoff johns, zack Snyder, or whoever is actually in charge of D.C. films don't have to worry about other films either.

I do agree that the fact they've been able to produce 15 movies come May giving each film its own tone is impressive. They clearly are passionate and want to make money so they can make more movies. Their success is borderline unprecedent at this point.

WB are not just a CBM studio, they have a multitude of films to oversee.

I'd say, at this point in time, its an extremely cautious passion for superman. And thats me putting it in the most eloquent way I can put it. They need to place him in capable hands. Hands that not only care about the character, but hands that can bring superman back to where he belongs.

Try reading my post before you respond, please.

I did, you mention several names linked to one or several overseeing DC films. It comes down to you've got Feige who people seem to worship with god like virtue for re-hashing the same film time and again, DC meanwhile are brave enough to try a different slant on the genre and people go up in arms about it.

Whilst I appreciate I f**king despise the films of the MCU and love what we've got thus far from DCEU, I congratulate Marvel for co-ordinating the universe, it takes guts and commitment.

I still don't understand how I don't like something translates to them not showing passion.

I'd say, at this point in time, its an extremely cautious passion for superman. And thats me putting it in the most eloquent way I can put it. They need to place him in capable hands. Hands that not only care about the character, but hands that can bring superman back to where he belongs.

I'm sorry, but when you've got guys like Mark Waid saying stuff like this:

http://voicesfromkrypton.net/man-of-steel-exclusive-talking-superman-with-mark-waid/

Actually we’re not, but we’re in a time where the people who are in charge of that character believe that’s the only version that can appeal to a mass audience. That’s where I grit my teeth – again, I’m not the insider I once was, but I still have my ear to the ground. I’ve talked over and over to the people at DC over the last ten years, and I know what WB’s feeling is about Superman, which is that he’s stupid, he’s corny and why can’t he be more like Batman? Well, because he’s not Batman, but there’s nothing Hollywood loves more than safe bets. So that certainly always informs the tone and direction that this movie was going to have.

"Extremely cautious" is not how I'd describe WB's passion for Supes. More like "Non existent".

Mark waid has a stick up his arse cause he had issues with Superman killing. The guys has issues with people like John Byrne in the past too.

I think WBs/DC allowing Supergirl to use the character for two episodes (when they asked for one) and Geoff Johns saying how they want to get the character right is way more telling than what Mark Waid may have heard.

Mark waid has a stick up his arse cause he had issues with Superman killing. The guys has issues with people like John Byrne in the past too.

I think WBs/DC allowing Supergirl to use the character for two episodes (when they asked for one) and Geoff Johns saying how they want to get the character right is way more telling than what Mark Waid may have heard.

Even if Mark Waid had a vendetta, that has nothing to do with him hearing that's how WB views Superman.

How much you do you guys wanna bet that Bruce Wayne shows up in Wonder Woman?

How much you do you guys wanna bet that Bruce Wayne shows up in Wonder Woman?

[BLACKOUT]If you read the wonder woman spoilers from that screener from a few weeks back, you will know. I do believe that the form in which Bruce "appears" will not be received well.[/BLACKOUT]

Even if Mark Waid had a vendetta, that has nothing to do with him hearing that's how WB views Superman.

We've heard it before, someone knows someone who knows something etc. It's hearsay.

I just have two examples that prove otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"