The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

Bullock doesn’t even need “edge”. And no, the most memorable thing was his charisma in the little amount he was given. To hold your own against Benicio and to come off more powerful than a guy like that.

I mean, there's a reason actors get typecast. I've seen nothing of his work that suggests he'd be right for either character. He was fine, I guess, in No Sudden Move, but the most memorable aspect about him was his weight gain.

True but that's a case by case basis. Some get typecast because that's all they're good at, others get typecast because that's all they're known for. I wouldn't have much issue with Fraser giving it a shot

Bullock doesn’t even need “edge”. And no, the most memorable thing was his charisma in the little amount he was given. To hold your own against Benicio and to come off more powerful than a guy like that.

Del Toro! There's your Harvey Bullock!

Danny McBride is the only actor I will accept for Bullock.

Danny McBride is the only actor I will accept for Bullock.
I actually am holding out for him as Lobo. With the right amount of dedication he'd own that role. Lol and I'd totally take Bryan Tyree Henry as Bullock.

I can see someone like Michael Rapaport as Bullock.

07c750d40286498f75d09afa4d2fb85b.jpg

Bullock, as I see him, doesn't necessarily call for a "leading man" type like del Toro. In terms of physical appearance and demeanor, he's about as average as they come.

Granted, Rapaport doesn't resemble the character to a tee, but he still looks your average cop to me. And he's a fairly solid actor to boot.

publicmorals06-590x393.jpg

HEY BATMAN WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING YOU BIG FAT ******* **** YOU PIECE OF **** BATMAN YO YO AINT **** COME DOWN HERE BATMA I'LL BEATH YOUR ******** **** *** ***

Bullock, as I see him, doesn't necessarily call for a "leading man" type like del Toro. In terms of physical appearance and demeanor, he's about as average as they come.

Granted, Rapaport doesn't resemble the character to a tee, but he still looks your average cop to me. And he's a fairly solid actor to boot.

publicmorals06-590x393.jpg

I just think he's a buffoon.

I still like GLenn Fleshler for Bullock

watchmen-9-maxw-697.jpg

Or, if we're thinking of Bullock as played by Orson Welles in A Touch of Evil, how about Tom Burke?

Tom-Burke-as-Orson-Welles-in-Mank.jpeg

I just think he's a buffoon.

I hear you.

I still like GLenn Fleshler for Bullock

watchmen-9-maxw-697.jpg

Or, if we're thinking of Bullock as played by Orson Welles in A Touch of Evil, how about Tom Burke?

Tom-Burke-as-Orson-Welles-in-Mank.jpeg

Fleshler's the better choice here, but in saying that, they're both a little too sinister looking for my taste.

How about Gary Basaraba? He's a similar (albeit more approachable) type in some respects. And, given his resemblance to the character, he'll appeal to the purist crowd too.

image-w856.jpg

fried-green-tomatoes-cast-8.png

John David Washington would make a much better young Lucius Fox than Harvey Dent.

I want Liotta to play Zucco, running Maroni’s operation while he’s in prison...only to get murdered by the Penguin (before Dick gets the chance). Speaking of Robin, A Quiet Place 2 and No Sudden Move sealed the deal for me: Noah Jupe!

I want Brendan Fraser to play Thorne or Bullock. I do think he’s a much more charismatic choice than the above suggestions but I also think Bullock would be better suited for the cop show, where they can get into those characters more than the movies. So maybe Bullock in the movies would be a waste of Fraser.

So maybe Rupert Thorne would be the way to go. I wanted Philip Seymour Hoffman to play Thorne before he died (in his Master form). For some reason I’m now seeing Brendan taking that spot. And after seeing him and Liotta working as bad guys in a gangster movie, I’m craving it again.

Ella Rae Smith as Barbara?
65b92ca377f98fd4e6d040bfc34eba1b.jpg

Hero Fiennes Tiffin as Dick?
a72fa5b003158bdc9594049de1036452.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back