The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Well, Andy is the IT thing right now...okay, I'm finished.

Joking aside, looks like Ezra Miller might have gotten an extension, contrary to those who thought his contract previously being up meant he was on his way out. Or that WB would've gone with the Game Night directors.

If they kept Ezra Miller I imagine WB is gonna use this movie to reboot everything and allow Battinson to crossover with Margot Robbie's Harley Quuinn and his Selina to be in GCS. Also allow the Superman recast while maintaining everybody else.
I don't want Pattinson's Batman to ever share the screen with Miller's Flash.

I don't want Pattinson's Batman to ever share the screen with Miller's Flash.
I doubt that'll ever happen. Whatever Battinson does will probably end up in the hands of Matt Reeves. I do see it likely Margot's Harley Quinn may cross paths with him at some point.

I doubt that'll ever happen. Whatever Battinson does will probably end up in the hands of Matt Reeves. I do see it likely Margot's Harley Quinn may cross paths with him at some point.

You're really pushing this crossover aren't you? :funny:

Ezra Miller is a bad actor, and him still being on this sucks.

Thank Zeus Ezra won. Don't like that Game Night movie

I loved "Game Night," but always thought that if their work on the "Spider-Man: Homecoming" script was indication of their take on the superhero genre, I wouldn't be too hot on them writing and directing "The Flash."
Ezra Miller is a good actor, but Joss Whedon's reshoots didn't do him and his performance any favors, as it didn't for any other actors in the cast, either. So I'd give him a chance if I were you.
Andy Muschietti is a great choice for "The Flash," and Christina Hodson did a very good job with the "Bumblebee" script.

Ezra Miller sounds like an incredibly unpleasant guy to work with, considering his response to a fun Flash movie was to have a temper tantrum and write his own script that got thrown out. On top of that he hasn't been good in a movie since We Need To Talk About Kevin.

He seems like he's just a bit off from from what the character should be like on screen. If he died his hair blonde or at-least dirty blonde and acted a little more goofy and awkward like grant gustin we might have something

Ezra Miller sounds like an incredibly unpleasant guy to work with, considering his response to a fun Flash movie was to have a temper tantrum and write his own script that got thrown out. On top of that he hasn't been good in a movie since We Need To Talk About Kevin.

You sound like an absolute joy to be around...

So basically WB chose to keep Ezra, brought the directors to other projects, and said to Ezra his script abilities suck so we're gonna back you up with a hot horror director and potentially a well known hot scribe from next year to fulfill the "darker" vision

Sandberg worked on Shazam although the marketing made it kids fun it's actually "darker" and more mature than the promotions they lead you to believe

I think this new director works pretty quickly so we'll know if he sticks by this time next year...if he signs up that is

No. I actually don't want it but the fact they're keeping Ezra just stinks of them wanting to merge everything.
Or maybe they just like him as an actor?

Reeves Batman will be in it's own little bubble and won't cross paths with anyone so you got nothing to worry about

Last edited:
I didn't care for IT or Bumblebee so I'll most likely be skipping this movie now.

Amusing how difficult it's been for WB to get this film off the ground.

From the other angle, maybe the project is F***ed and the directors are announcing their next project, so for PR’s sake WB leaks this to the trade to distract discussion

Notice how the new creative team is only in early talks, I thought these trades Usually report final talks, lol

You're really warping things to a creepy degree

From the other angle, maybe the project is F***ed and the directors are announcing their next project, so for PR’s sake WB leaks this to the trade to distract discussion

Notice how the new creative team is only in early talks, I thought these trades Usually report final talks, lol

Nah, the trades do report about early talks more often than you would think. The Muschiettis are finishing It: Chapter 2, so maybe that's what might be slowing things down.

As far as Ezra's performance as Barry goes, I liked whatever I saw of him that WASN'T part of the Joss Whedon reshoots. He'll be perfectly fine. And NO, he shouldn't be like Grant Gustin... at all. And the talk about him having a temper tantrum, etc., is ridiculous. He didn't like Daley's and Goldstein's take. Sue him. I'm not too keen on their take on superheroes, either, if Spider-Man: Homecoming is any indication. We get it. You don't like Miller. LOL.

This project is in good hands with Andy Muschietti.

Nah, the trades do report about early talks more often than you would think. The Muschiettis are finishing It: Chapter 2, so maybe that's what might be slowing things down.

As far as Ezra's performance as Barry goes, I liked whatever I saw of him that WASN'T part of the Joss Whedon reshoots. He'll be perfectly fine. And NO, he shouldn't be like Grant Gustin... at all. And the talk about him having a temper tantrum, etc., is ridiculous. He didn't like Daley's and Goldstein's take. Sue him. I'm not too keen on their take on superheroes, either, if Spider-Man: Homecoming is any indication. We get it. You don't like Miller. LOL.

I hope they sign up! Interested to see what contract extension Miller signed.

Personally I wanted the Morrison script with it polished...The only reason I want Daley and Goldstein is so the film actually get made, now if we get to keep Ezra and get a more serious and fantasy type film than a straight up comedy.....that’s a win win for me.

The prospect of Muschietti at the helm is slightly more exciting than Daley and Goldstein.

The loss of the Grant Morrison script is very disappointing.

He's a gosh darned comic Supergod!

I hope he turns his script into a comic run on The Flash.

The loss of the Grant Morrison script is very disappointing.

He's a gosh darned comic Supergod!

I hope he turns his script into a comic run on The Flash.

Of course, a comic book writer's ideas don't always translate well to a movie script. It also seemed like a kind of last ditch, last-minute thing for Ezra to try to have the Flash movie be more than what the Game Night directors were proposing. I guess it worked in some way in that WB kept Ezra over those directors, and maybe Christina Hodson will be given all those old ideas (all the way back to those other directors) to see what they were trying to do as she makes her own thing (and of course this all might not work out either.)

It would be cool if Morrison develops those ideas for a Flash comic.

So basically WB chose to keep Ezra, brought the directors to other projects, and said to Ezra his script abilities suck so we're gonna back you up with a hot horror director and potentially a well known hot scribe from next year to fulfill the "darker" vision

Sandberg worked on Shazam although the marketing made it kids fun it's actually "darker" and more mature than the promotions they lead you to believe

I think this new director works pretty quickly so we'll know if he sticks by this time next year...if he signs up that is

I didn't think the movie was darker than promotions - it was fairly consistent, i actually felt, in hindsight that the trailers were pretty accurate. I saw the trailers and thought they were playing safe and that the movie would have some flesh to it... i actually felt Zachary Levi wasn't the same 'character' as Billy, he seemed way too positive, at times Billy seemed more mature than Shazam and it took me out the movie.. sure, the 7 deadly sins looked a bit gruesome but yeah overall, i remember saying to my pal 'i feel too old for this'.

I can never understand why an actor gets to dictate the way a character is presented, leave that to the writers, director etc. 'oh but he's a fan'... i'm a fan, i don't get to write in and say my 2 pence worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"