The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

So... that It 2 trailer was pretty great

So then 2022 release prob. He can take some time off then start in 2020 (sort of what was reported earlier anyway). BoP and WW84 in 2020 and Batman and Suicide Squad for 2021. So the DC schedule is kinda full until then anyway.

I would go for Flash in 2022 with it being announced at San Diego Comic-Con for next year and they should do it similarly to how Marvel announced their films for this year a few days ago...DC should get the focus for next year with Flash being announced for 2022

I think it will end up being a 2022 film myself, being that WB gave the October 2021 spot to Baz Luhrmann's Elvis film two days ago.

I think Shazam 2 will probably get the April 2022 spot, so I imagine, depending on how WB execs like how The Flash is shaping up in production, that it will be awarded the June or mid-July spot.

Bill Hader is in It 2 by Andy Muschietti, and he's also an amazing actor. Would be a huge get if he signed on to play the villain in this

I hope they recast Flash. Ezra just isn’t right for the role. He plays it too quirky and weird, something Barry isn’t.

I think a lot of the quirky-ness was down to Whedon wanting the Flash to be comic relief in JL. The scene where he visits his dad in prison showed Ezra is capable of portraying another type of Barry Allen.

The question is whether the script/director want him to be quirky or not.

Ezra is terrific actor. it's not like quirky is all he can do.

The decision on how to portray Barry has been made. It was a bad decision, but it's not going to change with this movie. Just like Aquabro didn't change.

Andy Muschietti is a promising Director. The First Chapter of IT was a good movie and IT: Chapter 2 looks so far like it might be better. But as long as Ezra is Barry Allen, I have very little interest in this movie. He was the wrong choice for the role, personally I find his acting ability quite overrated and the way he portrayed the Flash was simply awful.

If they play Barry Allen as a quirky guy in his solo film I wouldn't have a problem with it unless they give Barry more of an edginess or make him more of a badass who can be funny then that that I would be all for

I'm sure ZS didn't pick Ezra just to be quirky, and the guy has abilities, and passion to do non-quirky s***, dude even fought off WB so Flash is not going to be a comic relief movie

Having just seen the Knives Out trailer, I think a lighthearted whodunit story where Flash has to figure out which of the Rogues committed a crime could be fun.

Flash having to play detective like Batman would be refreshing

I mean, it was probably well known or at least assumed at this point that Flash would come after Fantastic Beasts 3.

IDW why anyone keeping up with the production would be shocked by Ezra filming FB3 before Flash, FB was suppose to start recently but got delayed till early next year, it's like a well known facts on twitter.

Did the same people think Ezra should have shot Flash right now when FB3 was delayed, and IT director was in charge for how long? like 4 weeks? after he finished the press tour for IT2?

Dude needs at least a year to get the script and production in order before shooting, unless Ezra packs his schedule for the entire 2020 and none of it is called Flash, otherwise the normal scheduling right now is -

Ezra to film FB3 until around mid year, IT director gets his ducks in a row, they get to work together on set from the second half of the year, hopefully finish filming early 2021, get through extended post production for a 2022 summer release, which would be less than 3 years since IT2 came out, and that is standard timeframe for a director, might even be quick considering Flash will be CGI heavy.

It's amusing how late this movie is, even Sonic is doing some promotion for Flash !

b7pnrn55k9y31.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"