The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like the rookie aspect of Barry Allen/Flash in JL. It had merit and justification on paper but I thought it was just plain awkward in the movie. No more of that please. I want to see Barry out on the streets of of Central City looking confident and sure of himself.

Ezra has a lot of potential as Barry Allen and I hope that Daley & Goldstein will be able steer the character in a much better direction.

He seemed pretty confident in that small part that he had in Suicide Squad.:funny:
I think we’ll see more of that in the solo.

He seemed pretty confident in that small part that he had in Suicide Squad.:funny:
I think we’ll see more of that in the solo.

Yes, when do you think that scene with Boomerang occurs in the timeline, in relation to BvS and JL?

I'm guessing Flash will be Summer 2020, most likely mid July

WB has February and June reserved for DC films (replaced the former April and July dates). They also have a November date, but that's likely for Fantastic Beasts 3. So:

February: Birds of Prey
June: The Flash

Maybe we'll get a third DC film in August or October, if Joker is a success. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Pretty much where I'm at with it. They need to make a lot of changes to his character in the solo movie for it to work and not give me and the entire audience a headache

So far no actor has really been a comic accurate Flash on screen. Strangely, Shipp comes closest in the 90's show.

That said... I had no issue with Miller playing the younger Barry in JL. He was entertaining and engaging to me.

Such a shame we won't see JDM as 'Bat-Thom' but I can see why they've likely moved away from FP - at least for the foreseeable future. Maybe one day the time will be right... *sigh*

Having JDM as Tomas Wayne in Flashpoint would have been glorious. Just as long as he bulked up to how he was back in Supernatural. He looks so weird in Walking Dead.

Having JDM as Tomas Wayne in Flashpoint would have been glorious. Just as long as he bulked up to how he was back in Supernatural. He looks so weird in Walking Dead.

Do you know if he bulked up for Watchmen? I'm never sure whether he did or whether it's a very clever 'muscle suit'.

Do you know if he bulked up for Watchmen? I'm never sure whether he did or whether it's a very clever 'muscle suit'.

Well, he doesn't look huge in Watchmen but it's better than what he has going for him right now.
His face is a lot more fuller in both Watchmen and Supernatural compared to Walking Dead and I remember him looking somewhat big and imposing in Supernatural. In Walking Dead he's so skinny it looks like his pants are gonna fall down any minute.

Well, he doesn't look huge in Watchmen but it's better than what he has going for him right now.
His face is a lot more fuller in both Watchmen and Supernatural compared to Walking Dead and I remember him looking somewhat big and imposing in Supernatural. In Walking Dead he's so skinny it looks like his pants are gonna fall down any minute.

I don't watch TWD but I remember thinking how relatively drawn in the face he looked as Thomas Wayne in BvS.

WB has February and June reserved for DC films (replaced the former April and July dates). They also have a November date, but that's likely for Fantastic Beasts 3. So:

February: Birds of Prey
June: The Flash

Maybe we'll get a third DC film in August or October, if Joker is a success. Guess we'll see.

I saw it's Feb, April, June and July

June's taken by another non DC project

So likely BOP Feb, Flash June, Batman July (as previous bat films!)

and like you said, we might have another one between Aug-Dec, that's a longn time!

SS2? Black Adam? Superman if Cavill/McQ combo works out?

Yes, when do you think that scene with Boomerang occurs in the timeline, in relation to BvS and JL?

I think it was after BvS and just before SS.
Boomerang mentions that The Flash is the one that apprehended him after they cut him out of the bag.
He also calls him “a red streak” so it seems like that was his first encounter with him.

Speaking of Boomer.
I hope he’s in the solo.:woot:

I think it was after BvS and just before SS.
Boomerang mentions that The Flash is the one that apprehended him after they cut him out of the bag.
He also calls him “a red streak” so it seems like that was his first encounter with him.

Speaking of Boomer.
I hope he’s in the solo.:woot:

Okay, thanks :up:

Courtney was a real surprise standout for me in SS! I definitely want to see him again!

Of course he'll be in the solo, Boomerangs always come back.

Flash movie update -
A new report coming from Production Weekly has revealed that Seth Grahame-Smith will be one of the screenplay writers for The Flash movie. The Pride and Prejudice and Zombies author was roped in to direct the speedster solo project back in 2016 but he decided to step down due to creative differences. However, it was stated by Deadline that he would still remain involved.

Screenwriter Michael Green and Chris Brancato are also mentioned as writers for The Flash movie.
Green is well known for co-writing the screenplay for Logan. The project got him an Oscar nomination as well.

The writer also did the screenplay for Blade Runner 2049, Alien: Covenant and has worked on many television shows. But fans must also note that Green was a screenplay writer for Green Lantern along with Greg Berlanti.

Chris Brancato is well known as the co-creator of Netlfix’s Narcos. He has worked on several series such as Hannibal, First Wave etc. He also penned the screenplay for Warner Bros’ Sherlock Holmes 3.
https://pursuenews.com/the-flash-movie-seth-grahame-smith-gets-a-writer-credit-logan-writer-onboard/

Flash movie update -

Screenwriter Michael Green and Chris Brancato are also mentioned as writers for The Flash movie.

https://pursuenews.com/the-flash-movie-seth-grahame-smith-gets-a-writer-credit-logan-writer-onboard/

Two polite fans reached out to me directly this morning to confirm an incorrect internet rumor. Not one of the outlets posting the rumor bothered. Takes two minutes media friends. Be the one who asked. (via @andmichaelgreen)

He didn't capture the Flash at all. Not Barry, not Wally...

Yeah, I have to agree. I liked Ezra's performance as a performance and I found him entertaining. But he wasn't Barry Allen (or even Wally) to me. As much as I like him as an actor, and whilst I'm not signing petitions for him to be replaced, if he were to be replaced it wouldn't ruin my day.
I agree with both these posts. I will really miss Ezra if he was replaced by someone lesser in the role though.

The announced shift in tone knocked this down a few rungs on my expectation ladder. I'm still interested though, and I definitely want to see the new costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"